Q: "Hi, today I subscribed to Apple Music thinking I'd be able to use the music in my Dj software 'pioneer rekordbox' but noticed that the files are protected, is there a way around this, like subscribing to match to override the protection or is that not possible?? I've read this somewhere but I'm not convinced it will work and if it does 'how'?? Thanks in advance!"
For most DJ lovers and those who are also Apple Music users, they may come across the same issue. But please don't worry. Through constant study, I found a useful workaround which may help you add Apple Music to Rekordbox. Let's check out this post and learn how to do.
Part 1. Solution on How to Get Apple Music to Rekordbox
In this part, we will show you a powerful and professional tool, which can let you mix Apple Music with Rekordbox without any restriction. As all the music files of Apple Music are under the protection so that they can't be transferred to other devices for playback. Therefore, it is inevitable to use a third-party tool to get rid of the protection from Apple Music and convert Apple Music tracks to plain audio formats.
Here, AudFree Apple Music Converter is the best helper for you, which is designed to rip right protection of Apple Music and convert Apple music to multiple formats like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B and many others. Moreover, this intelligent software enables you to transfer the entire Apple library to AudFree at once. In addition, the conversion speed could reach 30X faster speed in a good network connection.
With the most powerful technology, this smart tool could actually keep 100% original quality and 100% ID3 tags from Apple Music. Metadata like title, artist, album, etc. can be found in the converted files, which may save your time to manage the music files.
Beside these amazing features of AudFree Apple Music Converter, it can also convert music and audiobooks from Apple Music, iTunes Music and Audible. In a word, it is quite simple and convenient to transfer Apple Music to Rekordbox with this powerful program.
Part 2. How to Get Apple Music Files and Mix Apple Music with Rekordbox
First, please download and install AudFree Apple Music Converter on your computer by clicking the "Download" button above. Then please make sure that you had downloaded Apple Music files and the songs you would like to convert can be played well on your computer. After that, you can follow the guidance below to start convert Apple Music for Rekordbox.
- Step 1Open AudFree program and add Apple tracks
- When you finish the installation of AudFree Apple Music Converter, then please double click the program icon on your computer desktop to launch it. Once opened it, you will see the program main interface. To add Apple Music files to the program, please click the "Add Files" button at the bottom left of the program. Then you could choose and add the Apple Music tracks that you want to convert to the program and AudFree software will load the music files for you.
- Step 2Set output format and other parameters for Rekordbox
- Before converting, you need to change the output settings. If you are Mac users, then go and find the AudFree Apple Music Converter tab on the system's menu bar. Or if you use Windows computer, please hit the menu icon at the top of the main window of AudFree, then tap on "Preferences" > "Convert" section. Later, a new setting window will show up for you to modify the output settings. In addition, if you want to keep the best music quality of Apple tracks, please choose bit rate as 320kbps and sample rate to 48000hz. Then click "OK" to finish the settings.
- Step 3Covert and save Apple Music tracks
- Now, click on the "Convert" button at the lower right corner of the main interface to start convert. When the conversion is done, a red spot with numbers will be shown on the "Converted" icon. Please follow it to direct to the target folder where all converted Apple Music files saved.
- Step 4Import Apple Music to Rekordbox
- As all the Apple Music had been converted and kept on your computer. Now you can transfer and add Apple Music to Rekordbox with ease. Please follow the tutorial to import Apple Music and begin mix Apple Music with Rekordbox.
Step 1. Open Rekordbox software on your computer.
Step 2. Local the converted Apple Music files or folders that you want to import to Rekordbox on your computer.
Step 3. Click the "Collection" at the left side of Rekordbox. Then drag and drop the converted Apple Music files to the track window at the bottom of the Rekordbox screen.
Step 4. Once you import the files to Rekordbox successfully, it will analyze the files and add the best grid, bpm, key and other information to each file automatically.
Step 5. Now you can mix Apple Music with Rekordbox and then you could export them to a USB for playback on other devices.