Apple Music updated a new banner on its page of accessories. It is obvious that the "Three months" turns to "One month", which protends that the free trial of Apple Music may shrink from 3 months to 1 month in the near future.
Currently, Apple is still one of the few streaming music services that provide more than a one-month free trial to the new registers. There are reasons to believe that it is the real plan of Apple Music to cut down the trial to reduce the cost, though it seems not to cater to the majority of the streaming music lovers.
Therefore, it is better to download Apple Music tracks into the local music library as many as possible from now on. In this article, I will introduce the most functional method to help you download Apple Music for offline listening even after your free trial expires.
Part 1. How to Download Music from Apple Music to PC/Mac
Before you download music content from your Apple Music catalog with the purpose to listen to Apple Music offline, you need to make clear that you have already subscribed to Apple Music and turned on iCloud Music Library. Or you can choose to purchase songs directly from iTunes on Mac or PC, instead of paying a monthly subscription. Now follow the steps below to download any stream, album, or playlist from the Apple Music catalog.
Step 1. Open iTunes on your desktop.
Step 2. Search for the track, album, or playlist that you want to load to your Library.
Step 3. Hit the '+' icon (beside the Time of each song) to stream a single track or press '+ADD' (below the title of the music list) to add an album, playlist, or video.
Step 4. Go and find the items in your 'Library' and hit the cloud icon to download the content to your computer.
Tips: Under Apple Music Playlists, please click to the sidebar of the Library to view the music contents you added to your Library. You won't see the cloud icon when you have opened Automatic Downloads. Contents will be automatically downloaded to your computer when adding them to the Library.
Part 2. Keep Apple Music after Canceling Subscription
Audio files downloaded from Apple Music are protected by DRM, which limits you to listen to it after unsubscribing Apple Music service. In order to preserve your downloaded music content, you are suggested to get rid of the DRM constraints from Apple Music tracks.
What You Need to Download DRM-free Apple Music
One hardware: A Mac or a PC. Two software: iTunes and AudFree Apple Music Converter, an all-in-one audio downloader, which expertise in decrypting DRM lock from Apple Music's tracks and recode them as multiple non-DRM formats such as MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, M4A, M4B, Adopting advanced technology, this smart tool works at a 30X faster speed to convert and save Apple Music files locally with 100% lossless quality and 100% complete metadata. With the support of this intelligent tool, you are available to listen to Apple Music songs without subscription permanently.
How to Remove DRM from Apple Music Downloaded Songs
- Step 1 Drag and drop songs from Apple Music Library and add to AudFree
- Download and install AudFree Apple Music Converter on your desktop. Turn it on and the iTunes will be launched automatically at the same time. Please follow part 1. to add tracks, album or playlist to Apple Music Library. Next, directly drag and drop them to Apple steams from Library to the main window of AudFree. Or you can click the first 'Add' icon in the lower-left corner of the main page to add the Apple audio files to AudFree.
- Step 2Customize output audio settings and reset related parameters
- Once the Apple Music downloaded songs are loaded into AudFree, you are supported to set the output parameters depending on your requests. Just click to the 'audio' icon on the left of the big 'Convert' button. In the new window called Format Setting, you are able to choose the output format as MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAC, or M4B. Then modify the related parameters such as codec, channel, sample rate, and bit rate. In order to obtain the best auditory experience, it is better to set the sample rate to 48000 Hz and the bit rate to 320kbps. Or you can simply select 'High Quality' under Preset.
- Step 3Convert and download Apple Music locally onto the computer
- When all steps above are done, simply tap on the obvious 'Convert' button on the lower right corner. In an ideal situation, the program will break the DRM from Apple Music and encode it to the preset format. Normally, the conversion time lasts relying on the number of songs on the waiting list. When the conversion is over, please don't forget to find the output folder by following the on-screen prompts. It is better to check whether all Apple Music audios are converted successfully.
Now you actually manage to download Apple Music songs as local music files and get Apple Music free forever at any time after unsubscribing Apple Music service.
Tips: How to Download Apple Music to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch/Android Device
Step 1. Launch the Music app on your Android device/iOS device.
Step 2. Look for contents that you want to download from the Catalog.
Step 3. Press '+' next to the song or tap '+ADD' to put Apple Music to your Library.
Step 4. Go to Library and choose the cloud-download icon beside the track.