As a popular and famous digital audio workstation and music sequencer, GarageBand comes with a lots of charming features, including audio recording, virtual software instruments, guitar features, MIDI editing, etc. It enables users to create and make exclusive music and podcasts, available for both macOS and iOS devices. Users can add iTunes purchased music and some local audio files, like M4R, WAV, AIFF, CAF, AAC, and MP3 to GarageBand for editing and cutting.
How about adding a song from Apple Music to GarageBand? Since Apple Music are protected by DRM protection and encoded in M4P audio files that can't be recognized by GarageBand, you can't directly import Apple Music to GarageBand. To make Apple Music available for GarageBand, it's necessary to convert protected Apple Music to MP3, WAV, etc. for GarageBand. let's see how to do this in this article.
Part 1. Add Apple Music to GarageBand - What Tool You'll Need
To convert Apple Music to MP3 and get rid of DRM from Apple Music, WAV or other GarageBand audio formats, you can use the all-in-one AudFree Apple Music Converter, which is specialized in converting protected Apple Music downloads to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B losslessly.
With the built-in ID3 tag editor, it also allows you to preserve 100% original ID3 tags in the converted tracks, like title, year, art cover, etc. Alternatively, you can customize ID3 tags in the accordance with your needs. With the help of this tool, you can easily bring Apple Music songs into GarageBand for creating multiple pleasure tracks.
Part 2. How to Convert Apple Music to GarageBand Supported Files
As GarageBand is compatible with Mac operating system, here we will illustrate the tutorial on how to convert Apple Music for using in GarageBand without any problem.
- Step 1Launch Apple Music Converter on your computer
- Please click the above download button to download and install this excellent tool on your Mac. And then please simply press the shortcut icon of AudFree to launch this software from your computer desktop.
- Step 2Add DRM Apple Music files to AudFree
- In the bottom-left corner of the main interface, there are two 'Add Files' button. Please select the first one to navigate to your iTunes library and add downloaded Apple Music files to AudFree Apple Music Converter. Or, you can directly drag and drop Apple Music tracks from your computer to this software directly.
- Step 3Set output format as GarageBand supported one
- Click the 'Format' icon to open the Format Settings window, in which you can see six output audio formats you can choose. Just click the target format as the output format. Besides, under the format option, it's able to customize other audio parameters to enhance audio quality, including audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 4Convert DRM Apple Music for GarageBand
- After all settings are done, please just click the 'Convert' button to start to download and convert Apple Music files to plain audio files that you can add to GarageBand. After conversion, please click the 'history' or 'file' icon to locate converted Apple Music streams on your computer directly.
Part 3. How to Add Converted Apple Music to GarageBand
All unprotected Apple Music songs are saved on your Mac computer. It's free to get music from Apple Music to GarageBand. In addition, you can also upload Apple Music to GarageBand on your iOS devices for create your special ringtone, etc. The following is the detailed steps on how to move Apple Music to GarageBand.
Import Apple Music to GarageBand on Mac
Step 1. Just open GarageBand software on you Mac computer. You can just directly edit Apple Music on GarageBand or open a video project to replace sound with Apple Music.
Step 2. There is a 'Media Browser' button in the top-right corner, please tap it to browse your local files.
Step 3. When you navigate to converted Apple Music folder, please import them and start to cut Apple Music in GarageBand.
Import Apple Music to GarageBand on iPhone/iPad
Step 1. To access to Apple Music on iPhone or iPad, please make sure you have imported converted Apple Music to iTunes on your computer. If not, please open iTunes and go to the 'Menu' bar > 'Files' > 'Add to Library' to add them.
Tips: Please turn on the 'iCloud Music Library' on on your Mac and iOS devices.
Step 2. Launch GarageBand on your iOS device, and then click the 'Loop Browser' > 'Music' to add songs from Apple Music.
Step 3. Now, you can start to edit Apple Music with GarageBand and make your own music. Have fun with Apple Music and GarageBand.