Can I import playlist from iTunes to Spotify for playback? – I acknowledged that Spotify is capable of scanning local files on my computer automatically and uploading iTunes playlist I created for listening. But there is nothing happened when I click the 'File -> Import Playlist -> iTunes' button on Spotify. What's wrong I made? Is there a detailed one-by-one tutorial to move my iTunes playlist to Spotify?
When it comes to iTunes playlist to Spotify, there are two important points you can't miss. One is that Spotify and iTunes always can't sync up, the other is that some kinds of iTunes playlists, such as Apple Music playlist can't be imported to Spotify as normal due to DRM protection. But please don't worry. In this article, we will show you two effective ways to transfer iTunes playlist to Spotify, which can fix all unexpected obstacles.
Part 1. Convert iTunes Playlist to Spotify via Traditional Way
As we all know that Spotify can support for importing playlist from iTunes, Windows Media Player or local playlists saved on hard drive. And Spotify is fully compatible with a wide variety of audio formats, such as MP3, MP4 and M4P files. As for M4A audio tracks, you are only required to install QuickTime player on your computer. If you make sure iTunes playlist are not protected, you can refer to the following steps to export iTunes playlist to Spotify.
Step 1. Open iTunes, click the Edit option from the top-left menu bar and scroll down to Preference button and click it.
Step 2. In the new window, in which you need to touch Advanced -> Share iTunes Library XML with other application option and then click OK to finish sharing playlists from iTunes.
Step 3. Please launch Spotify app from your computer and click the File menu at the top-left corner of the main screen.
Step 4. Now, you just need to choose the Import Playlist -> iTunes tap to start putting iTunes playlist to Spotify.
Part 2. Import Protected iTunes Playlist to Spotify via Innovative Way
To avoid unauthorized sharing, Apple encrypted its digital media files, such as movies, Apple Music, audiobooks, etc. As consequence, you will be not able to copy DRM-protected iTunes music files to Spotify unless you have converted DRM iTunes music to common Spotify compatible audio tracks. And then, it couldn't be easier to transfer iTunes to Spotify playlist.
Obviously, it's a difficult task to convert iTunes protected files to other plain audios. To avoid unnecessary hassles, you can directly use AudFree Apple Music Converter, an all-in-one professional iTunes DRM audio converter, which can not only remove DRM from any iTunes music file, such as Apple Music, audiobooks, iTunes M4P files and more but also convert them to MP3, M4A and other Spotify supported format.
AudFree iTunes DRM Audio Converter
Step-by-step Guide to Transfer iTunes Playlist to Spotify
Before get started, please make sure you have downloaded and installed AudFree DRM Audio Converter on your Mac or Windows computer. AudFree Studio offers users the free trial version to test its performance but it's limited to convert 1/3 content of each audio file. To unlock this limitation, you need to purchase the full version instead.
- Step 1Import downloaded iTunes playlist to AudFree
- There are two 'Add' buttons at the bottom-left corner of AudFree’s main interface. To add protected iTunes music, you can click the first 'Add Files' button. At the same time, you will see all downloaded playlists in iTunes library will show up automatically and you can select favorite iTunes playlists as you like.
- Step 2Adjust output format and other parameters
- Spotify supports MP3, M4A and other common audio formats. So, you can click the 'audio' icon to open the setting window, in which you can define output format as MP3 or other possible formats. Also, you can customize output audio quality by changing audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert iTunes playlist
- Please press the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner to launch converting process. AudFree audio converter will work at 30X faster speed to remove DRM protection and convert added iTunes files to target audio format with 100% original quality preserved.
- Step 4Transfer converted iTunes playlist to Spotify
- You can locate converted iTunes music or playlist on the destination folder and named this folder as iTunes folder. Now, it's time to put music from iTunes to Spotify.
- 1. Launch Spotify app and click the 'Edit' button from the menu bar and scroll down to 'Preference' tab and touch it to launch a new window.
- 2. Navigate to Local Files section and hit on 'ADD A SOURCE' button to browser iTunes folder on your computer. Once found, please click 'OK' to confirm it and all iTunes playlists will be imported to Spotify library for playback.
To make the iTunes playback on Spotify convenient, you can create new playlist in accordance to you needs. Besides, it's a little difference from adding local iTunes playlists to Spotify on different platforms. For more detailed tutorial, you can refer to this source page: How to Add Local Files to Spotify. Please let me know if you have some other issues on iTunes playlist to Spotify.