In order to attract the users of the most widely used mobile platform in the world, Apple started offering its Apple Music streaming service on Android a while back with the release of Apple Music for Android app. Since then, Android users are able to access Apple Music directly on the mobile phones. However, unlike the version on iOS devices, Apple Music for Android is not fully compatible with Android tablets. Besides, the lack of voice control and other features within the app disappointed most Android users.
So you may wonder whether it's possible to access Apple Music on Android without the app. Fortunately, the answer is positive. In fact, with only a few tricks, you can easily play Apple Music songs on any Android phone and tablet even without Apple Music for Android. The following post will show you the details.
Method 1. How to Use Apple Music for Android for Playing Apple Music on Android Phones
In this part, we'll show you the official way to play Apple Music on Android OS with the default Apple Music for Android app. Before we getting started, let's take a brief look at the requirements when subscribing Apple Music on Android:
1. Your mobile phone is running Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or later.
2. An Apple ID.
3. You should install Apple Music for Android app from Google Play store.
How to Get Started with Apple Music on Android
Once you have all these things prepared, you can follow these steps to begin signing up Apple Music service on Android devices.
Step 1. Open Apple Music on Android. Tab 'Try it free' and select the plan (individual, family, student) as you like and hit 'Start Trial'.
Step 2. Enter your Apple ID and password and billing info as required to accomplish the subscription.
Note: You won't be actually billed until the three-month trial period ends. If you don't like the service, you can cancel the membership at anytime.
Step 3. Tap Genres and Artists to set your music taste. After that, you'll be free to go about the Apple Music on Android.
Now, you can follow above steps to play Apple Music on Android devices, like Samsung S10, Huawei P30, OnePlus 7, etc.
Method 2. Best Alternative Way to Play Apple Music Songs on Any Android Device
Instead of using Apple Music app on Android, you are highly recommended to use a third party Apple Music to Android converter called AudFree Apple Music Converter which will enable you enjoy Apple Music songs on all Android phones and tablets without limit. Better yet, with this solution, you can even access Apple Music tracks after unsubscribing the service.
Apple Music & DRM:
Just like other Apple's digital media, such as the iTunes movies, TV shows, audiobooks, Apple Music is also restricted by DRM copyright protection. In result, only devices with authorized Apple Music account are allowed to access Apple Music songs and playlists. Because of the digital rights managements, subscribers of Apple Music are limited to authorize the account on up to 5 devices at the same time. What's worse, once the subscription expires, all the music tracks in your Apple Music library will disappear like they never appear.
Therefore, if we can find a powerful solution to strip off the DRM, it will be easy for us to download and move Apple Music songs onto any Android phone or tablet for playback. AudFree Apple Music Converter is such a smart DRM removal tool that can completely remove DRM lock from Apple Music songs while converting the DRM M4P to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B with original ID3 tags preserved. Once the DRM is deleted, you'll be able to freely share the DRM-free Apple Music songs to Android devices for playing.
Now follow us to see how to remove DRM from Apple Music with AudFree DRM Audio Converter so that you can easily play Apple Music songs on Android even without using Apple Music for Android app.
- Step 1Download Apple Music tracks offline
- Before using AudFree DRM Audio Converter, you are required to completely download the songs/playlists from Apple Music and save them on your computer. To download the songs from Apple Music, simply launch iTunes on your computer, and then go to "For You" or "New" section. When you find the target song/playlist you want to download, click on the "..." icon to add it to "My Music" or "Playlist". Then move to "My Music" tab to find the newly added files and click on the cloud icon with a downward arrow to download the songs to your iTunes library.
- Step 2Add offline Apple Music songs to AudFree
- Launch AudFree DRM Audio Converter. Then directly drag the newly downloaded Apple Music songs to the conversion window. Or you can simply click the first 'Add' button at the bottom left to import the songs.
- Step 3Set output format as Android compatible format
- Then enter the Format Setting window to set the output profile. It currently offers multiple output formats including MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, and M4B. In order to make the Apple Music songs playable on Android, you are suggested to choose the output as MP3. If you want to adjust the music quality, you can change the parameters like codec, channel, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 4Start removing DRM from Apple Music
- Now click the 'Convert' button to let the program start removing DRM from Apple Music songs. Once the conversion is over, you can click the 'Converted' icon to locate the non-DRM Apple Music songs in MP3 format.
Extra Tips: How to Transfer Apple Music Tracks to Android
To sync the converted DRM-free Apple Music songs to Android devices, you got two methods:
1. Using USB cable. Simply connect your Android device to computer via USB. Find the converted Apple Music tracks and copy & paste them to your Android phone/tablet.
2. Using OTG cable. If your Android supports OTG, you can easily transfer the Apple Music files to an USB flash drive first, then connect the drive to your Android devices with an OTG cable to start transferring.