As one of the most popular music speakers, Google Home provides hands-free voice control to build a smart home just in minutes. Thanks to Google Assistant, the built-in voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service of Google Home, it's easy for us to play music, set alarms, stream podcasts, listen to news all via voice commands. Till now, there are three members in Google Home family, including Home, Home Mini, and Home Max, making it more and more convenient for us to access any digital media from Spotify, Google Play, YouTube Music and Pandora through different smart devices within a home.
However, while listening to music, you may be disappointed to find out that none of these Google Home speakers has native support for Apple Music, one of the largest streaming music services in the world. Don't worry, though. Here we'll show you the two simple but 100% working ways to play Apple Music on Google Home/Home Mini/Max with or without Bluetooth.
Method 1. Listen to Apple Music on Google Home/Home Mini without Bluetooth
What Tool Will You Need
First of all, to play Apple Music straightforward from Google Home, is to find a way to transfer Apple Music songs to Google Music, the default music service of Google Home. But since Apple Music tracks are protected by DRM, the most important thing is to remove DRM from Apple Music firstly so that we can import the songs to Google. In this case, you meet AudFree Apple Music Converter, a dedicated DRM removal tool well designed to completely bypass DRM lock from Apple Music and convert the songs from encrypted M4P to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, FLAC, etc. that can be synced to Google Home speakers.
The following tutorial will guide you to losslessly remove DRM from Apple Music for playing on Google Home with the help of AudFree Apple Music Converter.
- Step 1Add offline Apple Music tracks
- Open AudFree DRM Audio Converter on your Mac or Windows. Click the first 'Add' button at bottom left corner of the main interface to add the downloaded Apple Music M4P tracks to AudFree. Or you can directly drag the Apple Music files from your computer hard drive to AudFree conversion window.
- Step 2Set output audio format and quality
- Once the Apple Music songs are loaded into AudFree, click on the 'audio' icon next to 'Convert' button and you'll be directed to Format Setting window where you can choose the output audio format as MP3, AAC, M4A, WAC or others. To change the audio quality, you can set the codec, channel, sample rate, or bit rate accordingly.
- Step 3Start to remove DRM from Apple Music
- Now press the 'Convert' button to begin stripping off the DRM and converting Apple Music M4P to MP3. When the conversion is done, you can locate the DRM-free Apple Music songs from the output folder and get ready to move them to Google Home.
Steps to Stream DRM-free Apple Music to Google Home for Playback with Advanced Voice Commands
If you have no idea on how to transfer songs to Google Home speakers, you should follow these instructions:
- Step 1Upload Apple Music to Google Play Music account
- Sign into your Google Play Music account, go to "My Music" section. Click "Upload Music" button at the top right center. Then locate and upload the converted non-DRM Apple Music songs to Google Play account.
- Step 2Set up Google Home
- Plug in Google Home device. Open Google Home app on your mobile devices. Confirm the device and Google Home are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Tap "Get Started". Then choose the Google Play Music premium account that you want to link to Google Home. Tab OK.
- Step 3Play Apple Music on Google Home/Home Mini
- Now begin to ask Google Home to play the Apple Music songs you just uploaded to your Google Play account with advanced voice commands, like "Play (song name)," Play (song name ) by (artist)," etc.
Method 2. Connect Mobile Devices to Google Home via Bluetooth to Stream Apple Music
To play Apple Music on Google Home apart from using AudFree Spotify Music Converter, the other way is using Bluetooth to connect your mobile devices to Google Home speakers. But, it's important to note that the downside of linking Apple Music to Google Home via Bluetooth is that you won't get full control of Apple Music on Google Home but with only basic voice commands instead. If it doesn't matter and you prefer to listening to Apple Music on Google Home through Bluetooth, you should follow the whole process containing three main steps as described below:
- Step 1Pair your mobile devices to Google Home
- You can pair your phone or tablet to Google Home either from Google Home app or from Bluetooth settings on your mobile devices.
- For the first option, please open Google Home app, tap Devices in the top right corner. Then find the device card for the Google Home you want to pair with Bluetooth. In the top right corner of the device card, tap the More menu > Settings > Paired Bluetooth devices > Enable Pairing Mode.
If you want to pair the devices from Bluetooth settings, please open your mobile device, tap Settings > Bluetooth and turn it on. Then tap the name of the Google Home you'd like to pair.
- Step 2Connect your mobile phone/tablet to Google Home
- In Bluetooth settings on your mobile device, tap the Google Home you paired to your mobile device under "Available devices" to complete the connection. Or you can simply say "Okay/Hey Google, Connect/Connect to Bluetooth."
- Step 3Start playing the Apple Music
- Once your mobile device is successfully connected to Google Home, open Apple Music app on your phone/tablet and begin to play the songs using the basic music commands.