How do I play Apple Music on my Samsung TV? I know that I can stream Apple Music to Samsung TV from my iPhone via adding an Apple TV to the hardware collection. The issue is that I don't have an Apple TV in hand but have the USB flash drive. Purchasing an Apple TV streaming box is not a possible way because of its price. Is there another solution to get Apple Music on Samsung TV?
As one of the world's leading TV manufacturers, Samsung TV aims to enhance user experience by adding special features, such as surround audio effect, compatibility with streaming services, etc. Although Samsung TV allows users to stream Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Deezer, Napster and 8Tracks, etc., there is no soup for Apple Music. Fortunately, there is another workaround for users to make Apple Music available on Samsung TV.
Part 1. Solution on How to Listen to Apple Music on Samsung TV
Why We Can't Play iTunes M4P Music on Samsung TV
As an Apple fan, you must be familiar with Apple's rule, policy and others. One of the most important things you should pay attention is that Apple applies FairPlay DRM technology in its digital media files, such as TV shows, movies, Apple Music, iTunes audiobooks, etc. Due to the DRM protection, iTunes M4P files, like iTunes music and Apple Music are playable on authorized devices with the official Apple Music app only. Obviously, Samsung smart TV is not included in this list.
It's worth mentioning that Apple enables users to stream Apple Music files to other devices, including Samsung TV from iPhone and Apple TV via AirPlay. But what if you don't have an iPhone and an Apple TV? The best solution could be discovering the well-designed Apple Music Converter to get rid of DRM lock built-in Apple Music tracks and download Apple Music as common local files.
Best Apple Music Converter for Samsung TV
Here, we can meet AudFree Apple Music Converter, which denotes itself to convert DRM-ed Apple Music streams to unprotected plain MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and other files losslessly with ID3 tags preserved at 30X faster speed. So that you can upload converted Apple Music files to Samsung smart TV just like common local files via USB port. Besides, this all-in-one audio converter also works on converting iTunes M4P music, audiobooks and Audible audiobooks to Samsung TV without effort.
Part 2. Steps to Convert Apple Music DRM M4P to Common Audio Files
Before getting started to follow the below step-by-step tutorial, please make sure you have downloaded Apple Music M4P files to your iTunes library firstly. And then you can start to remove DRM from Apple Music and convert them to Samsung TV compatible audio files.
- Step 1Add downloaded Apple Music files to AudFree
- To add protected Apple Music files to AudFree, you can directly drag and drop DRM audio files to the conversion window of AudFree or hit on the first 'Add Files' button to select Apple Music tracks from iTunes library to AudFree. If iTunes files can't show up, please check whether you enable the option 'Share iTunes library XML with other applications' in iTunes settings.
- Step 2Set output format as Samsung compatible format
- Please click the 'audio' icon to define the output format as Samsung supported audio files. If you care about the listening experience, you'd better to set output format as WAV or FLAC. In this step, you will be able to customize other output audio parameters, such as bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Apple Music
- When all setting done, please click the 'OK' button to confirm it. And you will get back to the main interface of AudFree automatically, in which you just need to simply click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. AudFree Apple Music Converter starts unlocking DRM protection and converting added Apple Music files to target audio files.
Part 3. Transfer Apple Music to Samsung TV for Playback via USB
In general, there is a USB port in almost all Samsung smart TV, with which you can easily stream common Apple Music files to Samsung TV via USB flash drive. After you have located the DRM-free Apple Music on your computer, you can follow the tutorial on How to Save Apple Music Songs to USB Drive to transfer them to Samsung TV. And then follow the steps to stream Apple Music to Samsung TV.
Step 1. Plug in your USB drive containing Apple Music files to the USB port of your smart TV.
Step 2. In Samsung remote control, please hit on the Home button to enter to the home screen of Samsung TV.
Step 3. Navigate to Source menu and choose the USB folder you connected. And then you can start to play Apple Music files on Samsung TV through USB.
To watch Apple Music on Samsung smart TV, the easiest and simplest way is using Apple TV to stream them from your iPhone. But if you don't own an Apple TV at home, you can try to use AudFree DRM Audio Converter to convert Apple Music to Samsung TV compatible files and play them on Samsung smart TV via USB drive. If you have encountered some issues when converting Apple Music on Samsung TV, please contact us or leave your problem in the common area.