Q: "I would like to use Apple Music's free trial instead of paying for Spotify this month. But I found that there is not an auto scrobbler like Spotify on iPhone. So, where could I find the scribbler on Apple Music? Or, how can I scrobble music from Apple Music on my iPhone?"
On iOS devices, you can find many kinds of scrobbler apps from the App Store. These apps can help you track your listening history when playing music from different music apps. Today, in this page, I will introduce the best alternative of scrobbler app to scrobble Apple Music on computer and phone.
Part 1. How to Scrobble Apple Music with Last.FM on Computer/Phone
Last.FM scrobbler app is one of the common-used scrobblers, which enables you to see your top artist, album and song charts, view the detailed information of artists and watch the music videos of your favorite songs. Now please check the method of scrobbling Apple Music on your computer by using Last.FM scrobbler and iTunes.
Step 1. Download Last.FM desktop app on your computer.
Step 2. Once you've installed it, register a new account and log into it.
Step 3. Open the Last.FM desktop app. Go to the preferences menu or settings menu. Here, you'll find an option named Scrobbling. Click to it to modify your preferences, such as Enable scrobbling and Scrobble podcasts.
Tips: If you listen to music on the iPod, those songs will be scrobbled by Last.FM when you sync the iPod to iTunes.
Part 2. Best Alternative of Last.FM Scrobbler: AudFree Apple Music Converter
Although Last.FM can clearly display your stats of listening habits, your last.fm profile, and other info, I can't agree that Last.FM and Apple Music match perfectly. The obvious disadvantage of Last.FM is that Apple tracks only downloaded and saved locally can be scrobbled. In other words, streaming tracks from Apple Music can't be scrobbled at present.
To completely figure out the issue of scrobbling streaming music in Apple Music, it is time to use this all-in-one Apple music downloader, namely AudFree Apple Music Converter, which is endowed with powerful audio transcoding, being able to convert Apple tracks to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, etc. and download locally without any quality loss.
Taking advantage of the newest technology, AudFree Apple Music Converter running at 30X faster speed, it can process a batch of Apple streams (no limits to the numbers) in one time with 100% raw metadata preserved. Original ID3 tags like Artist, title, album art, etc. will be found in the converted files for simple management. With such powerful support from this smart tool, any audios in Apple Music can be easily scrobbled.
Part 3. How to Get Last.FM Scrobbler Downloads From Streaming Music
- Step 1Load and import tracks from Apple Music to AudFree
- Download and open AudFree Apple Music Converter. Then the iTunes app will be opened later. Directly drag and drop the song from Apple Music Library to the blank field of AudFree. Or you can tap on the Load iTunes Library icon in AudFree to add files.
- Step 2Modify the output parameters in AudFree
- On the Windows device, please go to the menu icon on the top edge of AudFree. Then select to Preferences > Convert option. On the Mac device, please look for the system menu tab of the Mac. Then click to AudFree Spotify Music Converter. After that, you will access to the settings page to redefine the output settings like format, bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc.
- Step 3Download Apple songs as local files for scrobbling
- When the settings are set up, don't forget to click Save. Then tap on Convert. to download and convert tracks. When the conversion goes end, please follow the on-screen prompts to go to the destinated folder where the local Apple tracks are saved.
- Step 4Sync Apple Music from desktop to the iPhone/ other iOS devices
There are 2 ways to sync Apple streams from computer to iPhone. Now let's see how it works.
Sync music content via iTunes
Step 1. Launch iTunes and connect the iOS device to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2. Find and choose the device icon on the top left menu bar in iTunes.
Step 3. Under the list of Settings on the left panel in iTunes, please pick Music.
Step 4. On the right content page, tick the box next to Sync Music. Then choose the detailed options by selecting the relevant check-boxes next to each item.
Step 5. Tap the Apply button in the bottom right corner. If syncing doesn't begin, please manually press on the Sync button.
Sync audio content by WIFI
Step 1. Link your iPhone or iOS device to your computer via a USB cable, then turn on iTunes to check your device.
Step 2. Hit Summary on the left panel in iTunes.
Step 3. Choose Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.
Step 4.Press Apply to submit the result.