It couldn't be too difficult but still not too easy task when speaking of transferring music library from one streaming music service to another. But things could be different from transferring Amazon Music to iTunes library.
It could be caused by that Amazon offers two possible ways that enables users to make it possible. One is to get Amazon Music streams on iTunes via Amazon Music app, the other is to upload Amazon songs and playlists to iTunes directly.
No matter for which reason on Amazon Music to iTunes, you can refer to the below step-by-step tutorials to fix it out with ease.
Method 1. Export Amazon Music Downloads to iTunes via Amazon Music App
Amazon enables users to export downloaded Amazon Music files to other media players directly, the only required tool is its Amazon Music desktop app. So before getting started to follow the below solution, please make sure you have downloaded and installed it on your Mac or Windows computer in advance. Let's see how it works.
Step 1. Launch Amazon Music app on your computer and be filled with your Amazon account details.
Step 2. Discover the music and playlists that you'd like to export to iTunes, and click the 'Download' icon to download them to your computer firstly.
Step 3. Next, please open the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the main interface.
Step 4. Just hit on 'Preferences' > 'Export Downloads to' > 'iTunes' option, and then all downloaded Amazon Music songs will be transferred to iTunes automatically.
Notes: If there is no option of 'iTunes' app on your Mac computer, please launch iTunes app and navigate to 'Preferences' > 'Advanced' to check the mark of 'Share iTunes library XML with other applications. And then refer to the above steps to upload Amazon Music to iTunes successfully.
Method 2. Transfer Amazon Music to iTunes Library Directly
It's well-known that iTunes supports for adding local files to its music library directly. So, this way is to get assistance from iTunes app. To add Amazon Music files to iTunes, please download Amazon Premium Music and save them as iTunes compatible audio files, like M4A, MP3, etc. After that, you will be able to upload Amazon Music collection for playback on iTunes without restrictions.
Step 1. Install and open iTunes app on your computer.
Step 2. Please choose 'Music' from the navigation catalogue bar in the main window.
Step 3. You need to choose 'File' > 'Add File to Library' from the top menu bar to scan all music folders on your computer.
Step 4. Once you locate Amazon Music download folder, please open it and start to select favorite songs to add to iTunes library for listening.
Bonus: How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Amazon Music
By following the above two workarounds, you can easily download Amazon Premium Music to iTunes. And then, what should you do if you just would like to switch iTunes to Amazon Music? How about transferring music, like Apple Music from iTunes to Amazon Music for offline playback.
Sorry but important to notice that music purchased from iTunes before 2009 and Apple Music files are encoded in M4P audio formats with built-in DRM technology. While, this audio format is not available in the supported audio files by Amazon Music as it is only compatible with unprotected MP3 and M4A format.
The good news is that there is a professional Apple Music DRM removal software, called AudFree DRM Audio Converter, which can not only remove DRM protection from Apple Music, iTunes M4P music files but also convert them to MP3 and M4A that can be recognized by Amazon Music directly. If you are interested in this topic as well, you can read on to get the complete guide.
- Step 1Add Apple Music files to AudFree software
- AudFree DRM Audio Converter is available for both Mac and Windows operating system. You can choose the right version to install it. After installment, please double click the shortcut icon of AudFree to launch it and then you can hit on the first 'Add Files' button to load Apple Music files from iTunes library.
- Step 2Convert iTunes Apple Music songs to MP3/M4A
- Now, click the 'audio' icon to customize output format and other audio parameters. The last step is to click the 'Convert' button to convert Apple Music as audio files you set before. For the detailed tutorial, please visit this source page: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3.
- Step 3Upload converted iTunes music to Amazon Music
- It's time to transfer converted iTunes music to Amazon Music. But it's important to note that Amazon allows users to upload up to 250 songs with no cost. For more, please subscribe Amazon Premium Music or Unlimited Music plan.
- You can directly drag and drop converted Apple Music and iTunes unprotected audio files into the Upload option under Actions. Alternatively, you can choose My Music > Songs > Offline > Upload icon to import iTunes playlists to Amazon Music app.