Burning audiobooks to CD is an easy job as there are so many free CD burning tools on the internet that could get the work done in just seconds. But when it comes to Audible books, it's a different story due to the specially encoded AA/AAX formats of Audible.
Protected by DRM copyright technology, Audible books cannot be as easily copied and burned to CDs as the common audiobook files unless you have iTunes, the only authorized software that can burn Audible audiobooks to CD. If you however don't like iTunes, there are alternative ways to burn DRM-ed Audible books to disc without iTunes. How? The following article will show you those two popular ways to burn a CD from Audible with iTunes or other third-party CD burners in details.
Method 1. Complete Guide to Burn Audible Books to CD via iTunes
The benefit of using iTunes to burn Audible to CD is that it doesn't require any extra software. All you need is the iTunes app and a blank CD. The burning process will be smoothly without any difficulty. Here are the whole steps to burn Audible audiobooks to disk with iTunes. Make sure you've installed the latest version of iTunes.
Step 1. Open iTunes, and then add the Audible audiobooks to 'My Audiobooks' section. To do this, simply click 'File' menu > 'Add File to Library'.
Step 2. Right-click the audiobook titles that you want to burn, then hit 'Add to Playlist' > 'New Playlist'.
Step 3. Now insert the blank disc into the CD drive of your computer. Then right-click the newly created playlist of the Audible audiobooks and click 'Burn Playlist to Disc' option. Upon the pop-up, you can customize the burning settings according to your own needs. You are highly suggested to set the burning speed as 8X and disc format as Audio CD.
Step 4. Click 'Burn' button to start burning the audiobooks from Audible to CDs.
Note: If your audiobooks are longer than 80 minutes, iTunes will require a second CD to complete the burning process. So you'd better prepare more discs in advance.
Easy, right? However, before burning Audible to CD with iTunes, there are some restrictions you should keep in mind. You are only allowed to burn the DRM-locked Audible books with iTunes once. And it doesn't support burning Audible to MP3 CD but only audio CDs.
Don't worry though. If you are looking for a more flexible and complete solution to burn Audible books to CD, you can turn to the following method, which will allow you to burn Audible books repeatedly to MP3 CDs with no limit.
Method 2. Best Way to Burn Audible Audiobooks to CD without iTunes
The main reason why you can't burn Audible audiobooks multiple times within iTunes is all because of the DRM. Therefore, to remove this restriction, we must firstly remove the DRM protection from Audible. It would be better if we can convert the Audible AA/AAX to MP3 after unlocking the DRM.
Luckily, there are some third-party tools like AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter could get the tasks done all in one place. As a professional DRM removal tool for Audible, it can completely delete DRM encryption from Audible books while converting the AA and AAX files to MP3, AAC, WAV and other formats that can be burned to CDs.
What makes this tool unique is its ability to convert Audible books without iTunes authorization. That's to say, you can convert any Audible audiobook even if you forgot the account info. Besides, it can losslessly keep the original ID3 tags and chapters info in output files. You can even split the large audiobook chapter by chapter with this software if you like.
AudFree Audible Converter
Now follow these instructions to see how to burn a CD from Audible under the help of AudFree DRM Audio Converter.
- Step 1Add Audible audiobooks to AudFree Audio Converter
- First of all, launch AudFree DRM Audio Converter. Then directly drag the Audible audiobooks into the converter main window.
- Step 2Set output format and customize other parameters
- By default, the output format is set as MP3. To change that, simply click the 'audio' icon at the bottom right. Then you'll access to the Format Settings window where you can set the output format as M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV or M4B. If you want to keep the original quality of the books, make sure you've selected the option of 'Keep lossless quality' in this window.
- Step 3Remove DRM from Audible audiobooks
- Now click 'Convert' from the right corner and then AudFree will begin removing DRM from the audiobooks in the queue. Wait till the conversion completes.
- Step 4Burn Audible to CDs
- So far, your audiobooks are all DRM-free. Then you can use any CD burning tool like Windows Media Player to burn those converted Audible books to discs in a few clicks.