Apple Books, formerly known as iBooks, is an e-book application for reading and purchasing by Apple company. Designed for Apple users, it is available to access an abundant book resource including audiobooks and ebooks on any iOS and macOS systems and devices.
In this article, a detailed tutorial will be introduced to help you buy or download audiobooks from Apple Books with a few simple steps. Check what you need to solve the confusion about Apple Book audiobooks.
Part 1. Purchase Apple Books Audiobooks Directly: Limits You Should Know
On your iOS or macOS devices, it is easy to access to Apple audiobooks. Just open Apple Books and discover what you are interested in. But it should be noticed that you need to purchase it for listening to the entire contents. And a preview is offered before you purchase it.
Besides, some audiobooks downloads on Apple Books can't be accessed in some countries or regions. if you're unlucky to meet this situation, don't worry, there is another solution to help you perfectly figure it out.
Part 2. Download Apple Audiobooks by AudFree: Best Way
Best Apple Audiobooks Converter
From the very beginning, I would like to remind you that the audiobooks resource is proximate in both Apple Books and iTunes. To solve the problems mentioned in the last paragraph, we can turn to download audiobooks from iTunes in place of the Apple Books app.
So here, we need to seek support from a third-party tool, which name is AudFree Audiobooks Converter, designed for downloading Apple audiobooks as local files on the computer. Not only that, this program is able to convert audiobooks from iTunes to multiple unprotected formats like MP3, M4A, M4B, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc. with keeping 100% high quality and 100% raw metadata.
Utilizing the latest automatic identification technology, this smart software is able to split an entire audiobook into small segments according to the original chapters. Moreover, it allows you to add and download audiobooks from Audible, which may greatly enlarge your private audiobooks library.
AudFree Audiobooks Converter
Steps to Download Audiobooks from Apple Books / iTunes
- Step 1Import Apple audiobooks from Apple Music library to AudFree
- Download and install AudFree Audiobooks Converter on your desktop. Turn it on and the iTunes will be opened automatically in the meanwhile. Just find the Audiobooks tab from the menu bar and discover which audiobooks that you would like to download. Next, please add it to your Apple Music library. Then directly drag and drop it to to the main interface of AudFree. Or you can click the first Add icon in the lower-left corner of the main page of AudFree to finish the above loading work.
- Step 2Reset output settings and change relative parameters
- Once the Apple audiobooks are loaded into AudFree, you are allowed to set the output parameters according to your requests. Just click to the Audio icon that is next to the big Convert button. Then you will prompt a new window called Format Setting. Here, you are able to reselect the output format as MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAC, or M4B. Then customize other parameters such as codec, channel, sample rate, and bit rate. In order to get the best output quality, it is better to set the sample rate to 48000 Hz and the bit rate to 320kbps. Or you can simply choose High-Quality mode under the Preset tab.
- Step 3Convert and download Apple audiobooks locally on the computer
- When you are finished the above preparatory work, please simply click on the obvious Convert button on the lower right corner. In a good network connection, the program will run at 30X faster speed, recoding the selected audiobooks to the previous settings. Usually, the conversion length depends on the number of files on the waiting list. When the converting is done, please don't forget to direct to the converted folder by following the on-screen prompts. It is better to check whether all Apple audiobooks are downloaded successfully.
Now you are available to download audiobooks from Apple Books, iTunes, and Audible without the risk of buying unsuitable audiobooks or the limit of country and region. Any players and devices could become your bookshelf for Apple audiobooks.
Tips: Listen to Apple Audiobooks by Other Methods
There are other two ways for you to listen to Apple Books Audiobooks. Here I will list a brief tutorial for you.
Ask Siri to Play Apple Audiobooks on Your Apple Device
When you have an Apple Music subscription, you can get the entire Apple Music resource including Audiobooks. Just ask Siri to play it from your music library.
Play Apple Audiobooks When Driving with CarPlay
After you set up CarPlay in your car which is compatible with Apple Music, you can pair your iPhone to the car for Apple audiobook playback. Or connect your iPhone to the USB port by using a lightning cable.