Q: I have purchased a Chromecast for better digital audiobook entertainment via home speaker. But I'm pretty bummed out when I check its enabled apps and discover that Audible app is not available in the long list. It's a cozy and comfortable life for me to listen to Audible through Chromecast lying on the sofa after work. Is there any other way to make it possible?
There are countless wonderful apps and partners compatible with Chromecast in TV & movies, music & audio, photos & videos, fun & games as well as additional partners. But Chromecast can't access to audiobooks from Audible because Audible app fails to support the Cast SDK. Luckily, it's not impossible to play Audible books on Chromecast as there are two possible ways on Audible on Chromecast in the following article.
Method 1. Cast Audible to Chromecast from an Android Phone
Being surprise or not, you are permitted to stream audio books from your Android phone to Chromecast Audio. Put it another way, this way works well for users who owning an Android device. Before following the below step-by-step tutorial on how to enjoy audiobooks on home speaker via Chromecast Audio, there are two apps you need to download on your Android in advance, including Google Home app and Audible Manager app.
Step 1. Please connect Chromecast Audio with home speaker and insert the power adapter to an electric socket.
Step 2. Launch Google Home app from your Android device and it will start to detect the Chromecast under the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 3. Hit on the side menu to click the 'Cast Screen/Audio' and then you can choose the casting speaker connected in the same network to play audiobooks.
Step 4. Now, you just need to run Audible and play Audible books on Android, audiobooks will be streamed to speaker through Chromecast Audio automatically.
It's easy to use Chromecast from Audible app for Android users. But what if you are running iOS devices, Mac or Windows computer? As a matter of fact, so easy it is, too. The next method will focus on how to play Audible files on Chromecast from other platforms.
Method 2. Stream Audible Books on Chromecast by Removing DRM
In general, the key point why Audible files can't be recognized by Chromecast is that audiobooks downloaded and purchased from Audible are encrypted in DRM technology, which leads users can listen to Audible audios in special media players and devices authorized by Amazon, like iTunes. If you are planning to make Audible available in Chromecast device, you just need to get rid of DRM protection from Audible with the help of a professional Audible DRM removal software.
Many software developers have noticed the demand of customers and developed extraordinary Audible tools, such as TunesKit Audible Audiobook Converter, TuneFab Apple Music Converter, AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, etc. Compared to performance and stability among them, here, we will meet the last one, AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, which can quickly convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, and other common audio files while breaking DRM lock losslessly. If possible, it can split Audible audiobooks by chapters for better playback.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
- Remove DRM lock from Audible audiobooks for good playback
- Convert DRM AA/AAX books to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, etc.
- Keep original ID3 tags, metadata and chapter info
- Split large audiobooks into small segments by chapters
- Work with other audios, like iTunes audiobooks, Apple Music, etc.
Now follow below instructions to see how to stream Audible books to Chromecast under the help of AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter.
- Step 1Add Audible books to AudFree Audible Converter
- When you opened AudFree Audible AA/AAX Converter, you will find out there are two 'Add files' button at the bottom-left corner of the main interface. To add Audible DRM-protected books, please click on the first button, and then you can choose favorite audio books from Audible library. Or you can directly drag and drop audiobooks to the conversion window.
- Step 2Set output format and customize other audio parameters
- Please click the small 'audio' icon to launch the setting window, where you will be able to customize output Audible file format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A or M4B and change bit rate, sample rate, audio codec and channel. Besides, you can tap the 'edit' icon at each audio book to split Audible files and customize ID3 tags as you like.
- Step 3Remove DRM from Audible audiobooks
- You can personalize the destination folder by marking the 'file' icon or skip this step to keep it by default. Now, you can click the big 'Convert' tab, and AudFree DRM Audio Converter will remove DRM from Audible audiobooks and convert them to target common audio files. Once converted, you can locate Audible MP3 audiobooks by clicking the 'history' icon.
- Step 4Play converted Audible books on Chromecast
- Congratulations! All Audible files are totally DRM-free audios. To cast Audible files to Chromecast for playback on TV or speaker, there are two ways to achieve this goal.
- Way 1: You are free to upload these audio files to iOS devices, tablets or computers and then stream them on Chromecast by using Google Home app or Chrome browser.
- Way 2. You can directly sync converted Audible audiobooks to supported Chromecast casting app, such as Google Home, Google Play Music and others, and then you can cast Audible books from Chromecast casting app to target speaker or TV.
By using the above two methods, you can cast Audible audiobooks to Chromecast from any devices without problem and listen to audio books on any device via Chromecast. You can follow the right way to stream Audible files to Chromecast according to your devices. Do you have different way to get Audible on Chromecast? Feel free to supplement it in the comment area.