Is it possible to convert Audible to MP3? When I sync Audible audiobooks to my MP3 player for offline listening when I'm out, it seems that downloaded audio books from Audible.com couldn't be recognized by MP3 player because of different formats. Is there any effective workaround to convert Audible AAX to MP3 so that I can listen to Audible books on MP3 player freely?
If you have tried to play Audible audiobooks on MP3 player, you might have met the same obstacle mentioned above. Actually, Audible not only has encoded specific AA/AAX in audiobooks, but also has applied DRM copyright protection in them for avoiding unauthorized playback. But don't worry. In this article, you will find out the ultimate way to convert Audible books to MP3 effortlessly.
Part 1. All-in-one Audible to MP3 Converter to Download Audible Books to MP3 Losslessly
More about Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks
As one of the largest producers of downloadable digital audiobooks around the world, Audible.com or Audible Store offers a wide variety of online audiobooks for book lovers to listen to. Audiobooks purchased from Audible are compatible with a series of different devices, such as Kindle Oasis (9th Gen), Android and iOS devices, Sandisk MP3 player. However, there are still many MP3 players that can't play Audible books directly since audiobooks are encoded in AA/AAX format with built-in DRM protection. Put it another, Audible .aa and .aax audiobooks are available for specifically authorized devices and media players only.
Ultimate Audible DRM Removal Tool to Rip Audible to MP3
How can we download Audible books to MP3 so that it’s possible to listen to Audible on any MP3 player? Fortunately, the way is easy. The only tool you have to equip with is a professional third-party Audible AA/AAX to MP3 Converter that has the ability of converting AAX audiobook to DRM-free MP3. Here, we high recommend AudFree DRM Audio Converter, which is specialized in converting Audible AAX to MP3 and other common audio formats, like FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, etc. with zero quality loss while removing DRM from protected audiobooks at 30X faster speed. Plus, all ID3 tags and metadata info will be preserved in output MP3 files.
Part 2. Quick Guide to Convert Audible Books to MP3 with AudFree
AudFree DRM Audio Converter is available for Mac and Windows operating system. Here, taken Mac Audible Audiobook Converter as example, I will show you how to convert Audible DRM-protected AAX/AAX audiobook to non-DRM MP3 step by step. Before refer to the following tutorial, please make sure you have download the free trial version of AudFree DRM Audio Converter on your Mac.
- Step 1Sync downloaded DRM audiobooks to iTunes library
- Please open iTunes store and navigate to 'My Audiobooks' menu. In order to add Audible audiobooks to iTunes library, you need to click the' File' icon at the upper-left corner of iTunes menu bar, and then touch the 'Library' -> 'Import Playlist option'.
- Step 2Import DRM AA/AAX audiobooks to AudFree Audio Converter
- There are two ways for you to load Audible books to this is Audible to MP3 Converter. You can click the first 'Add' button to choose Audible audiobooks that you'd like to convert from iTunes library. Or you can directly drag and drop DRM AA/AAX audio books to AudFree conversion window.
- Note: AudFree DRM Audio Converter supports converting both DRM-protected and DRM-unprotected AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3. If you would like to convert unprotected audiobooks to MP3, please click the second 'Add' button to import them to this smart audiobook converting tool.
- Step 3Set output format as MP3 and customize other parameters
- Generally speaking, MP3 is set as the output format by default. If you would like to change the output format, please click the 'audio' icon to define target format as the output format. In this step, you can also tab the 'Edit' icon at each audiobook to customize ID3 tags like year, title, album, artist, cover, etc. and split Audible audiobooks into small segments by chapters or averagely.
- Step 4Remove DRM and convert Audible Books to MP3
- Once all settings are ready, you can start to convert Audible DRM AA/AAX audiobooks to unprotected MP3 by touching the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. When converting process finishes, you are able to locate converted MP3 audio books on the destination folder and transfer them to any MP3 player, like Sony Walkman, Creative Zen, Google Home, Aamzon Echo, etc. for offline playback.
Part 3. Quick Summarize
As a matter of fact, there is also another way to rip Audible to MP3. You can use iTunes to burn Audible audiobooks to CD, and then use a CD ripper to convert the CD to MP3. But this solution is a little completive than using AudFree Audible to MP3 Converter. So why not directly download Audible books to MP3 directly by doing a few clicks with the help of DRM Audio Converter from AudFree.
Not only working on Audible AA/AAX audiobooks, AudFree DRM Audio Converter can also convert iTunes M4A, M4B audiobooks and M4P songs and Apple Music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, etc. while breaking DRM lock from them. Thanks to AudFree Audio Converter, you are able to listen to any audio file on any device and player for offline playback without limit. Now, it's time for you to release your Audible audiobooks.
Video Demo: Convert Audible to MP3 with Audible to MP3 Converter
You can convert DRM-protected Audible AA/AAX audio books to MP3 with the help of AudFree Audio Converter by following the step-by-step video tutorial.