With the release of Audible for Android app, Audible subscribers can now easily download and read any Audible book on almost all models of Android devices. However, since Audible audiobooks are restricted by DRM, users are limited to authorize and play those Audible audiobooks on up to 5 Android devices only. What's worse, it's impossible to play the Audible books outside of the Audible for Android app. Meaning you can't use other media players on your Android device to play the DRM-ed Audible audiobooks.
To solve this annoyance once and for all, we are going to introduce you a permanent way to get rid of the DRM lock from Audible audiobooks so that you can freely enjoy any Audible book on unlimited Android devices as you like.
Part 1. Best Solution to Convert Audible AA/AAX to Android
Protected by DRM, Audible audiobooks are encoded in AA or AAX format which is only supported by Audible client. Therefore, in order to unlock the limit, it's necessary to find an ultimate solution that can remove DRM completely from Audible audiobooks as well as convert the AA/AAX files to more commonly used formats like MP3, WAV, AAC, etc. That's what AudFree DRM Audio Converter does. As a complete DRM removal solution, it's well designed to remove DRM protection from any Audible audiobook by losslessly converting the DRM-ed AA/AAX to MP3, M4A, FLAC, WAV, and other popular audio formats.
The most outstanding feature of AudFree DRM Audible Converter than other similar programs is its unique ability to convert Audible audiobooks without iTunes authorization. In other words, you can remove DRM from Audible AA/AAX files even if you forgot the Audible account and password.
With advanced decrypting processor, AudFree DRM Audio Converter is able to keep the 100% original quality, ID3 tags as well as chapters while converting the Audible audiobooks. You can also split the large audiobook file into small clips by chapters if you like. Thanks to this permanent Audible to Android converter, you can freely play any Audible audiobook on Android phones or tablets without any limit.
As a one-stop DRM removal solution, it also works with other audio files, including iTunes audiobooks, songs, Apple Music, and non-DRM audios.
AudFree Audible to Android Converter
- Remove DRM from Audible audiobooks without quality loss
- Convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, FLAC, M4B
- Keep ID3 tags and all metadata info in output files
- Split large audiobooks into small portions via chapters
- Convert iTunes M4A, M4B audiobooks, Apple Music and other audios
Part 2. Guide: Convert and Play Audible Audiobooks on Android Devices
No matter whether you are using Windows or Mac OS, you can install the free trial version of this smart Audible converter on your computer and follow the below tips to begin converting Audible audiobooks to Android.
- Step 1Add Audible audiobooks to AudFree DRM Audio Converter
- If you already imported the Audible files to iTunes library, you can click the first "Add" button to import those books to AudFree. Otherwise you are suggested to directly drag and drop the Audible audiobooks to the converter.
- Step 2Set output format
- After adding the books, simply click the "audio" icon next to "Convert" button and you'll access to the Format Setting window to select the output format or other audio parameters like codec, sample rate, channel, bit rate, etc. It provides 6 types of output formats including MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WAV and M4B. In order to make the Audible files playable on Android, you are suggested to set the output format as MP3. If you want to keep the lossless quality, remember to check the option of "Keep lossless quality (AA, AAX)".
- Step 3Remove DRM from Audible audiobooks
- Now launch the conversion process by tapping the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner of AudFree. After conversion, you can locate the converted unprotected Audible audiobooks on the converted folder. Till now, you can get full control on the Audible books and share them freely to Android devices, like Samsung, HTC, LG, etc.
Part 3. Audible for Android: How to Download Audible Books onto Android
If you merely need to download Audible books on Android within the Audible app but don't know how, you can follow these steps:
Step 1. Install Audible for Android app from Google Play store.
Step 2. Open Audible client on your Android device and sign into your Audible account.
Step 3. Tap My Library at the top left corner and go to the Cloud section. Then you can choose your favorite audiobooks you’d like to download there.
Step 4. Hit the cover art or touch the Download icon and then the audiobooks will automatically download onto your Android as expected.