Q: "Can you listen to Audible on Fire TV? I have just bought a new Amazon Fire TV and don't know how to launch the Audible. I want to play audiobooks via my surround sound when I'm working in the kitchen. Thanks for your help in advance."
Amazon Fire TV supports to install the Audible app. If you are looking for how to read and listen with Audible on Fire TV, you can't miss the article. In the following sections, I will introduce 2 effective ways to help you play Audible books on Amazon Fire TV when doing housework.
Plus, I will show you the advantages and disadvantages of these 2 ways. If you need to make your decision in a hurry, please click the navigation bar and quickly browse the first section of each part.
Part 1. How to Play Audible Books on Fire TV by Audible App
1. Advantages vs. Disadvantages: Audible App
Users are supported to install the dedicated Audible app for Amazon Fire TV to play audiobooks. The advantage is clear. It is an officially recommended method, which is convenient and safe.
But the disadvantage is also difficult to ignore. Gathering to the feedback from the Amazon community, I found that there are several common problems of the Audible app for Amazon Fire TV.
First and foremost, not all of your downloaded audiobooks can be found in the specific Audible app. The Audible app for Fire TV seldom syncs the correct books on your other devices.
Next, the audiobooks are disordered in the Fire TV Audible app. The one you just downloaded or played on other devices would not show in the front of the list. You need to browse almost entire contents to find the one you desire. It is very cumbersome especially when you have a large library.
Last but not the least, when trying to use the "search" function to find a book, you have to correctly type the full name of titles and author names, otherwise the program can't recognize it. Of course, you may still probably fail to find the book after spelling properly. Why? Scroll up and reread the first problem.
2. Steps to Install the Audible App for Amazon Fire TV
If you still want to try this official method, please view and follow the steps below to install the Audible app on Fire TV.
Step 1. Turn on the Fire TV device and connect it to the TV.
Step 2. Open the "Search" function and type in "Audible". Or find it under the "Apps" category.
Step 3. Install the Audible app. Now you can start to play your Audible audiobooks on the Fire TV.
Part 2. How to Use Audible on Fire TV via Audible Converter
1. Advantages vs. Disadvantages: Audible Converter
The audible converter is an additional program that can download and convert Audible AA/AAX to the common-used formats. The converted Audible books are playable on Amazon Fire TV without using the specific Audible app. The advantage is obvious: It is a sort of almighty method to listen to Audible audiobooks on your Fire TV.
The disadvantage is that you need to pay for extra money. The professional Audible converter is impossibly free while the free one generally has some obvious drawbacks, such as bad audio quality, slow running speed, limited output formats, and so forth.
Therefore, I genuinely recommend you to try this professional AudFree Audible Converter, which has ranked the best converter for Audible books and Apple audiobooks. With the powerful compatibility, this smart tool supports to convert AA/AAX to MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, WAV, FLAC, etc. without losing any quality. The built-in converting skill is able to recognize every section in an audiobook, then automatically split them up with keeping the original titles, artists, and other metadata.
- Step 1Import Audible AA/AAX to AudFree
- Authorize your Audible account to iTunes first. Download and launch AudFree Audible Converter on your computer. Tap the first "Add" button to open a new window. In there, find the downloaded Audible books and choose those you would like to hear on the Fire TV. Then add them into AudFree.
- Step 2Edit the output format for Amazon Fire TV
- In the AudFree, tap the "Format" icon on the bottom right corner. Now you can reset the output settings for your audible audiobooks. If you don't want to change the settings, keep the options in the"Auto" mode. Don't forget to tick the "Keep lossless quality".
- Step 3Start to convert Audible for Amazon Fire TV
- Now hit the "Convert" button to activate the program. Wait until it finishes all the tasks. Then you can press the "Converted" icon to check the new Audible files on your computer.
- Step 4Upload the converted Audible files to Amazon Fire TV
Please sync the local Audible books to a USB drive. Then insert the USB drive to Amazon Fire TV. Now you are available to play and manage your loved Audible books on it without any hassle.