Can I listen to Audible books on MP3 player? When I entered to Audible US Help Center, I was informed that users can transfer Audible audiobooks to a MP3 player with ease. But it seems there is something wrong happened when I followed the one-by-one steps to add my Audible files to MP3 player. What's the point I missed? Is there any effective tip to make it possible?
There are so many reasons for audiobook lovers to add Audible books to MP3 player. For example, it's more convenient to play audiobooks on portable MP3 player rather than carrying a big phone when doing exercise outside. Since many Audible users have problems, we will show you two detailed workarounds on transferring Audible books to MP3 player while introducing the reasons why you can't finish it.
Part 1. How to Download Audible Books to MP3 Player with Audile Manager
It can't be denied that Audible files are compatible with MP3 player. But you should keep in mind that not all MP3 players supports audiobooks purchased from Audible.com. According to the Audible's official website, Audible compatible MP3 devices could be SanDisk Sansa, Creative, Garmin, etc. As consequence, before get started to move Audible books to MP3 player, please make sure the target MP3 player is included in the supported list by Audible.
Since there is no Audible app for MP3 audio player, you need to use Audible Manager for Windows to download Audible audiobooks to MP3 player. The detailed steps are different on different Windows OS. Now, you can choose the right tutorial as below to sync Audible files to MP3 player.
Transfer Audiobooks to MP3 Player on Windows 10
Step 1. Download and install Audible app for Windows on your computer. Please launch it and connect your MP3 player.
Step 2. Once the device recognized, you can transfer audiobooks by dragging an audiobook over to the device icon on the screen or trapping the overflow menu (...) under the audiobook and touching the 'Add to...' option.
Step 3. It will pop up a new window, in which you can click 'Ok'. And then please login your Audible account details and click 'Activate' tab to active your MP3 player with Audible. Now, audiobooks start downloading to your player.
Convert Audiobooks to MP3 Player on Windows Vista/7
Step 1. Please Connect your MP3 player to your computer via USB cable and install Audible Manager on your computer and open it.
Step 2. Please click the Device -> Add New Device at the main interface of Audible Manage. It will show up a list of all compatible devices. You need to select the target MP3 player from them and click 'OK' to confirm it.
Step 3. There is a prompt that if you want to install the component files. You can confirm it and close Audible Manager to wait for the end of install process.
Step 4. Relaunch the Audible Manager on your computer, the MP3 player will show up under the 'Mobile Devices' tab. Please simply touch it and select 'Activate' to activate it.
Step 5. Select favorite audiobooks from Audible library and then upload then to MP3 player by clicking the 'Add to Device' option.
* Do it with no cost.
* It's easy to operate it.
* This way is only available for Windows computer.
* You are required to authorize audiobooks with Audible account.
* It works for a few Audible compatible MP3 players only.
Part 2. Play Audible Audiobooks on Any MP3 Player via Audible Converter
The official way provided by Audible is easy and professional to get Audible files on supported MP3 player. However, what if your MP3 player can't be recognized by Audible due to compatibility? Here, we will introduce alternative way to make Audible available for any MP3 player.
Audible books are encoded in AA/AAX format with built-in DRM technology, which is the key reason you can't impoort Audible files to MP3 player in accordance to your special needs. To break this limitation, you need to get an Audible converter to convert Audible to MP3 while removing DRM protection.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter is such a commercial program, which will be able to remove DRM from Audible audio books and convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B so that Audible users can listen to audiobooks anywhere. Besides, it supports for splitting by chapter function. So, you can apply this feature to split your audiobooks into chapters as you like.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
If you choose the second way, please download and install AudFree Audible AA/AAX Audiobook Converter on your computer by clicking the above Download button. AudFree Software offers the free trial version to test its performance before purchasing it.
- Step 1Import Audible audiobooks to AudFree
- When Launched AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, you can drag and drop the Audible audiobooks to the conversion windows or click the first 'Add' button to choose favorite books to import audiobooks to AudFree.
- Note: Before added Audible files to AudFree, please make sure you already imported Audible books to iTunes library and your iTunes was already authorized with your Audible account.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3
- To define the output format as MP3, please click the 'audio' icon at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. It will pop up a new window, in which you can choose MP3 as output format and customize other audio parameters, such as bit rate, sample rate, audio codec and channel.
- Step 3Convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 files
- Please hit on the 'Convert' button at the bottom right of the main interface, this smart Audible converter will start to remove DRM from Audible books and convert them to MP3 player compatible audio files. After conversion, you can touch the 'converted' button to locate unprotected Audible MP3 books.
- Step 4Put converted audiobooks to MP3 player
- Please pug in your MP3 player into the USB port on your computer and then sync Audible unprotected MP3 files to MP3 player storage via copying&pasting action. Once done, you can play Audible audio files on MP3 player without problem.
* It works on all kinds of MP3 players.
* It supports a wide variety of output formats.
* AudFree Audible Converter is available for Mac and Windows OS.
* To get the full version, you need to charge for $39.95.