It’s a recommended solution to enhance listening experience by splitting Audible audiobooks by chapters, especial for audio books being over 10 hours. In general, Audible has the ability of downloading purchased audiobooks in multiple parts directly, but make sure you are on the condition that your audiobooks are over 12 hours.
How about splitting audiobooks being under 12 hours? What if you’d like to cut numerous Audible books into chapters without Audible app? In this case, you will look for a more professional way to split audiobooks. So, in this article, we will introduce the best workaround to convert and split Audible file into chapters.
Part 1. Split Audible Books into Chapters with Audiobook Splitter
Best Audible Audiobook Splitter
To get rid of the hassle of splitting the dozens of audio books manually, there are so many audiobook splitters created by software developers in the market, which are designed to download audiobooks into multiple parts in batch. As Audible audiobooks are encoded in protected AA/AAX audio format, the common audiobook splitting software doesn’t work on those digital audio files. You should equip with a unique Audible audiobook cutter, which not only has the powerful splitting feature but also is able to convert Audible audiobooks to plain files.
Here, we can meet AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter for Mac/Windows. It’s dedicated to remove DRM lock from all audiobooks bought from both Audible and iTunes and convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. More important, as an all-in-one audiobook splitter, this Audible solution has the splitting button, with which users can split large Audible books into small clips either by chapters or fixed time interval automatically. Plus, you can keep lossless quality (AA, AAX) as the output format with zero quality loss.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Splitter
How to Split Audible Files into Chapters – Detailed Tutorial
As mentioned above, AudFree Audible AA/AAX Converter supports batch conversion. So, you can add multiple files that you’d like to split to AudFree program and then split multiple Audible audiobooks into pieces at the same time at 30X faster speed. The following is the step-by-step guide on how to split audiobooks into chapters.
- Step 1Import Audible audiobooks to AudFree
- Upon opening AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, the iTunes app will be launched automatically. And then you can click the first ‘+’ button to directly select Audible audiobooks from iTunes library into AudFree. Alternatively, you can drag and drop Audible books to the AudFree’s ’s conversion window to add them.
- Notes: Please authorize your Audible account in iTunes and you have downloaded all Audible files in iTunes library before adding. To add common audiobooks, please click the second ‘Add Files’ button to load them.
- Step 2Set output parameters as splitting by chapters
- Please click the 'audio' icon to open a new window, in which you can define output format as MP3 or other Apple Watch supported format and customize other audio parameters by changing the bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, and channel. And you can touch the 'edit' icon to set spliting audiobooks by chapters.
- Step 3Start to split Audible books into chapters
- Now, you just need to press the ‘Convert’ button and then Audible books will be converted to target audio files you set before and be saved on destination folder by chapters. After splitting, you can touch the ‘file’ icon to locate all small Audible files and enjoy them on any device without problem.
Part 2. Download Audible Books into Chapters with Audible
There is no doubt that the above way is professional and easy solution to fix the issue of splitting audiobooks. But one thing needs to mention is that that way is not total free as you will be required to buy the full version of AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter to break the time limitation. As Audible comes with the function of downloading audio books in individual parts, if your audiobooks are more than 12 hours, you can follow the below steps to download Audible into chapters.
Audible for Mac: Please navigate to Audible.com, single in your Audible account and go to your Library page. You can start to discover the audiobook you’d like to split and then click the triangle ‘View title by parts’ to the left of the cover art which will expand the selection. Now just touch the ‘Download’ button to download audiobooks by parts.
Audible for Windows: Please tap the gear icon to open the setting window, and then tap the ‘Downloads’ option to switch ‘download your library by parts’ on. Audible audiobooks will be downloaded into parts automatically.
Audible for iOS: In the My Library page, please click the ‘More’ -> ‘Settings’ button, it will pop up a new window. You will see there is a ‘Download by Parts’ button under ‘Content Setting’, please tap it to choose ‘Multi-Part’ feature.
Audible for Android: This way is similar with Audible for iOS. Just tap the left navigation menu and then tap ‘Settings’ -> ‘Download Settings’ to choose ‘Download by Parts’ section. And then please turn ‘Multi-Part Downloads’ on to launch splitting function.
For more detailed info by using Audible app to download Audible books by chapthers, please visit this source page supported by Audible: Download Audible Books into Multiple Parts
Part 3. In Conclusion
It’s so easy, right? With the above two workarounds, it will be easier and more convenient when listening to Audible audiobooks on any device. As for which way to choose, it totally depends on how long your audiobooks are. Of course, if you like to play Audible books on other unauthorized devices or media players, you can only get help from AudFree Audible Auidobook Converter as it can convert Audible audiobooks to MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc.
What’s your solution to split Audible audiobooks into chapters? Just leave it on the comment area.