Instead of reading paper books line by line or listening to audios from multiple cassette taps, it is the popular trend to play audiobooks to keep up with the current bestsellers available on iTunes, Audible, etc.
Today, we will focus on Audible books, and give some effective tips to listen to audiobooks easier and more convenient. It's a recommended trick of downloading Audible books to USB flash drive. With doing this, you are able to listen to Audible books not only in the Audible app but also in the car and other devices supported USB port. So, in this article, we will introduce the best way to transfer Audible books to USB with ease.
Part 1. Why Can't Transfer Audible Books to USB
When getting started to copy Audible books to USB drive via copying&pasting action, you will get an error message noting your audiobooks can't be recognized by USB drive. It could be so embarrassing. Why you will meet such a possible awkwardness? To explain this situation, we need to come back to Audible itself.
As is well-known, Audible is the world's largest producers and retailer that selling and renting thousands of audio books. In order to protect publishers and content providers' copyrights, Audible users digital rights management (DRM) technology in its audiobooks encoded in AA and AAX audio formats. Recently, because of the rapid growth of Audible DRM removal tools that enables to remove Audible DRM protection by re-encoding in other formats, Audible has encoded its audiobooks downloaded from Audible books via latest released Audible app for Android / iOS in new AAXC format.
Due to the DRM protection, audiobooks downloaded from Audible are not able to transfer to any other authorized devices by Audible, including USB flash drive. The good news is that Audible books on website are still downloaded as AA/AAX files and everyone can still use Audible book solution to convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3 for USB drive.
Part 2. Best Tool to Download Audible Books as MP3 for USB
To download Audible books as MP3 to USB, here we can meet AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter, which is well-designed to strip off DRM protection from Audible purchases and downloads. It has the ability to 100% losslessly remove DRM lock with DRM decryption technology while converting Audible books to MP3. Apart from re-encoding audiobooks to MP3, it's also available for M4A, M4B, WAV, FLAC, etc. to make Audible books playback on other devices.
With built-in ID3 tags, it can preserve original ID3 tags in converted audio files. Another highlight feature of this excellent Audible converter is that it supports to split Audible audiobooks by chapters. One thing you should pay attention is that MP3 format doesn't support chapters. You need to define output format as M4A to convert audiobooks by chapters.
Part 3. How to Put Audiobooks from Audible to USB
To save Audible books to USB stick, the first thing you need to do is to convert protected Audible files to USB compatible files with the help of AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter and then sync them to USB flash. Let's see the detailed tutorial below:
- Step 3Import Audible books into iTunes Before converting
- AudFree Audible Book Converter needs to work with iTunes app. Before adding Audible books to AudFree, please make sure you have authorized Audible account in iTunes and have downloaded Audible books on your iTunes library.
- Step 2Add DRM Audible books into AudFree
- There are two easy ways for users to load Audible audiobooks to AudFree. One is to click the first 'Add Files' button to navigate to iTunes library and select audiobooks and then click the '+' button to load them. The other way is directly to drag and drop Audible books into the main interface to import them. If you have lots of audiobooks, the first way is recommended to save time.
- Step 3Set Audible output format and other parameters for USB
- To re-encode Audible .aa or .aax file to USB supported audio files, please click the 'Format' button like an audio icon at the bottom-right corner. You will see the new window showing like the above image, in where you can customize output format as MP3, M4A, FLAC, WAV, etc. If you'd like to split audiobooks by chapters, please click the 'Edit' icon at each track and choose 'Split' option to check the mark by Chapters.
- Step 4Convert Audible books for USB drive
- Just click the big 'Convert' button next to the 'audio' icon and then AudFree Audible Converter will work at 30X faster speed to get rid of DRM protection and convert them to target audio files. Besides, it supports batch conversion, you can import Audible files to this tool as much as possible.
- Step 5Transfer Audible books to USB stick
- Please connect USB flash drive to your computer via USB cable. After connection, you can click the 'history' icon to locate converted DRM-free Audible files and copy and paste them to USB folder on your computer. It takes times to sync from computer to USB. After that, all Audible books will be stored in USB drive and you can play audiobooks on all USB-supported devices.