A few months ago, when it comes to 'Spotify on Fitbit', there are a lot of Spotify lovers having the same confusing problems. For example, does Spotify work on Fitbit Versa or Ionic? When is Spotify coming to Fitbit Ionic? Are there plans to introduce Spotify to the Fitbit for storing offline songs?
But now, everything is perfect after Spotify comes to the list of supported streaming music services by Fitbit. If you are own a higher-ender Fitbit smartwatch including the Versa, Versa 2, Ionic, and Versa Lite, it's able to control Spotify music playback.
Are you interested in this topic? If yes, you can learn how to download and use Spotify on Fitbit watches with the Spotify Premium account. Besides, to make Spotify Fitbit music playback better, we will introduce another way to get Spotify on Fitbit Ionic / Versa offline.
Part 1. Download Spotify on Fitbit Ionic / Versa for Online Playback
To download Spotify on Fitbit Versa and Ionic, you will need a Spotify Premium account. Because only Spotify subscribers have the privilege to stream music on Fitbit. With your compatible Fitbit watch and Spotify subscription, you can follow the below steps to download the Spotify app.
Step 1. Launch the Fitbit app on your mobile device. Tap the 'Profile' icon at the top-right corner to your profile section.
Step 2. Choose your Fitbit smartwatch and click the 'Apps'.
Step 3. To download the Spotify app, please search for 'Spotify' under the 'All Apps' section.
Step 4. Once you get the 'Spotify' icon, please click 'Install' to install it.
Step 5. Log into your Spotify Premium account details to connect Spotify to Fitbit Versa.
Now, please authorize Fitbit to run the Spotify app in the background. Make sure your Fitbit Versa and Ionic are under the WiFi network and keep your phone nearby. As Fitbit doesn't have speakers, you need to connect to an external speaker, like Bluetooth headphones.
Spotify on Fitbit Versa/Ionic - What You Can Do
1. It's able to browse and play playlists, shuffle songs, pause music, and skip forward and back.
2. When you mirror Spotify music to other devices, you can still control the music playback via the Spotify Fitbit app.
3. You can add music to your Spotify library by clicking the heart icon meanwhile playing them.
Spotify on Fitbit Versa/Ionic - What You Can't Do
1. You can listen to Spotify music on Fitbit Versa outside without carrying a phone.
2. There is no 'search' function for artists, songs and albums on the Spotify for Fitbit app itself.
3. No option to download Spotify songs for offline listening even you are using a Premium account.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify on Fitbit Versa/Ionic Offline without Premium
There is no doubt that there are some limitations by using the Spotify Fitbit Versa app. So is there a better way to use Spotify on Versa and Ionic? It could be much better to listen to Spotify on Fitbit offline.
With large 2.5 GB music storage, Ionic and Versa smartwatch are ideal devices for music playback when doing exercise. Fortunately, I have found out an all-in-one Spotify to Fitbit converter, namely AudFree Windows Spotify Music Converter.
It is designed to download and convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. With it, users can transfer Spotify music to Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Ionic, and other devices. This smart app can keep 100% original audio quality at 5X faster speed. It will unlock all limitations between Fitbit and Spotify.
How to Transfer Music from Spotify to Fitbit Versa/Ionic
In the following tutorial, you can learn how to download Spotify songs to MP3 with the help of AudFree Music Converter for Spotify. And then sync Spotify to Fitbit Versa 2, and other devices for playback. Please make sure you have downloaded the Spotify app on your Mac or Windows OS firstly.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs and playlists to AudFree
- After a good installation, please click the shortcut icon to launch it from the computer desktop. And then you can import wanted Spotify playlists that you'd like to play on Fitbit Ionic. By copying and pasting the URL of Spotify tracks or dragging the Spotify playlists, you can add Spotify music to Fitbit.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 for Ionic/Versa
- To open the setting window, please enter to the Preference -> Convert option. Now, you can adjust output audio settings. You can defining output format as MP3 or other plain audio formats supported by Fitbit. And you can changing bit rate, sample rate, audio channel, codec, etc.
- Step 3Convert Spotify playlists for Fitbit watch
- Before get started, you can also set the destination folder as you need. When all customization done, you can start conversion process by clicking 'Convert' button. AudFree Spotify Music Converter will download and convert songs and playlists from Spotify according to your settings.
- Step 4Transfer music to Fitbit Versa from Spotify
- To get Spotify on Fitbit Versa and Ionic, you need to install the Fitbit desktop app on your computer. And then refer to the detailed steps as below:
1. Please use the iTunes app or Windows Media Player to create a new Spotify playlist. For iTunes users, you need to authorize iTunes to share iTunes Library XML with your Fitbit watch.
2. Open Fitbit connect app and log in to your Fitbit account details. And then hit on the Account icon -> Ionic/Versa title -> Media -> Personal Music option to import Spotify playlists to Fitbit Ionic.
3. Connect your Ionic or Versa and your computer with the same Wi-Fi network. And launch the Music app on your watch. Scroll down t select 'Transfer Music' to confirm using Fitbit desktop app to transfer music.
4. Wait for the end of the downloading process. Now, you can start to listen to Spotify playlists on Fitbit Ionic and Versa via the Music app.
There is an intuitive video tutorial to guide you on how to convert Spotify music. And then you can play Spotify music on Fitbit Versa and Ionic offline without Spotify Premium.
More Tips: Complete Introduction to Fitbit Ionic & Fitbit Versa
Fitbit Ionic: It is the successor to both the Blaze and the Surge, which are discontinued to offer by Fitbit. Ionic comes with built-in GPS aiming to tap into global satellites. And it provides better accuracy when recording exercises via GLONASS. In the Fitbit app on Ionic, it supports SmartTrack function to recognize user activity automatically. It also has other great features, such as interchangeable bands, water-resistant, new tactile buttons, etc.
Fitbit Versa: The first impression made by Fitbit Versa is that this smartwatch looks strikingly similar to the Apple Watch 3 and Pebble watches. They all feature square design and round edges. Retaining most of Ionic's performance, but its price is lower $100 than Ionic. Of course, it is a lack of built-in GPS and needs to use connected GPS via smartphone. It's worth mentioning that Fitbit Versa will be able to track women's menstrual cycles.
Fitbit Versa and Ionic are both smart options to listen to Spotify music. No matter you have which Fitbit watch, there are 2 ways you can follow to use and stream Spotify music. Have fun with Spotify and Fitbit Versa and Ionic.