Q: Foobar200 is the best freeware audio player that I usually use to listen to all music tracks as it supports a large amount of audio file formats. But when I try to load music from Spotify into Foobar2000 playlists, I can't locate the downloaded Spotify files. What's wrong happened? Is there a step-by-step tutorial to play Spotify in foobar2000?
With Spotify Premium subscription, users can enjoy Spotify offline playback feature by downloading Spotify playlists with Internet in advance. It's important to note that all Spotify music downloads are offline cache files that you can't locate and transfer them to non-Spotify app for playback, like foobar2000.
As a result, can't you listen to Spotify music and playlists in foobar2000? Take it easy! In this article, we will introduce an alternative workaround to transfer Spotify music to foobar2000 easily.
Part 1. Spotify to Foobar2000 Converter – Tool You'll Need
As you can get only cache files by using official way to download songs and playlists offline with Spotify Premium account, you'd better to use another way to download Spotify content as local files. By the way, even you can download Spotify music on your computer, all Spotify playlists are encrypted by DRM technology, which can't be recognized by foobar2000.
To download DRM-free Spotify music and playlists as common audio tracks, like MP3, etc. you can meet AudFree Spotify Playlist Converter, an excellent and powerful Spotify music downloader and converter that is designed to remove DRM from Spotify music and download Spotify playlists to MP3 and other audio formats, like FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B.
It's also mentioning that no matter you are using Spotify free or premium account, you can make use of this ultimate Spotify solution to add Spotify music to foobar2000 for offline listening.
Part 2. How to Play Spotify Music in Foobar200
If you are the newbie to know and use AudFree Spotify Playlist Converter, you can follow the below tutorial to learn on how to convert Spotify music to foobar2000 compatible audio files and transfer Spotify music to foobar2000.
- Step 1Add Spotify music and playlists to AudFree
- After launched AudFree Spotify Music Converter and Spotify app (it will be opened automatically), you can start to discover your favorite Spotify tracks that you'd like to transfer to foobar2000. Once found, there are two ways to load them to AudFree software, respectively drag and drop Spotify music from Spotify to AudFree or copy and paste the URL of Spotify playlist or music to the search box and click the '+' button to load Spotify files.
- Step 2Set output format and audio parameters for foobar2000
- Just click the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' button to open the setting window, in which you can define output format as foobar2000 player supported audio formats, like MP3, etc. Besides, if you are using free Spotify plan, you'd better to set output bitrate as 320 kbps and sample rate as 44,100 Hz to enhance the Spotify audio quality, which could be only 160 kbps for the original files.
- Step 3Convert Spotify playlists to foobar2000 compatible files
- When all settings are already, just click the big 'Convert' button and then AudFree Spotify music converter will automatically launch the converting process. It will download and convert added Spotify files to the target audio files that you set before. After conversion, you can click the 'file' icon to locate the destination folder on your computer and find converted common Spotify files.
- Step 4Import converted Spotify playlists to foobar2000
- Congratulations! All Spotify files are compatible with foobar2000. The last step is to transfer all unprotected Spotify playlists to foobar2000 for offline playback. To do this, please open foobar2000 on your computer and click the File > Add Folder > Select Folder option to select the file folder that you are saving the Spotify music downloads. Once you have finished this step, you can start to play Spotify music on foobar2000 freely.