When searching the situation on adding Spotify music to Serato DJ software, I was so existed to find out a result with the title 'Serato working quietly with Spotify integration' from Serato Discussion. However, to my disappointed, I scrolled download to the bottom line, there is no any confirmed message of Spotify available for Serato DJ software.
As the official support doesn't expect soon, I started to look for other ways to make Spotify music compatible with Serato DJ software. Fortunately, I found an alternative workaround to import Spotify playlists to Serato DJ. Since there are still many Serato DJ users who also subscribed to Spotify but have no idea about syncing Spotify songs to this professional DJ software, here, I will share my successful experience on how to transfer Spotify Music to Serato DJ software with ease.
Part 1. Best Spotify to Serato DJ Converter – You Need to Have
A professional DJ is always equipped with an outstanding mixing software. There is no gainsaying that Serato DJ software is one of excellent and popular DJ mixing software, which is compatible with Mac platform. It offers a wide variety of features, like vinyl and CD-J control, library management, easy to use, adding FX to songs and tracks, etc. Besides, Serato DJ has fully integrated with some streaming music services, like SoundCloud, Tidal, etc. Despite this, there is no soup for Spotify tracks.
As consequence, to sync Spotify music to Serato DJ software, you need to have a powerful Software solution to download Spotify files as common audio files that can be recognized by Serato DJ tool. You would like to say you have subscribed Spotify Premium plan and have the rights to download songs, playlists and albums from Spotify offline. But sorry to explain the truth that even you have downloaded Spotify tracks, you are still not able to take all files outside of Spotify app as Spotify tracks are protected.
Best Spotify to Serato DJ Converter
As for the best Spotify to Serato DJ software, you can have a try of AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader, which is specialized in removing the restriction built-in Spotify songs and extracting plain audio files, like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B from Spotify tracks at up to 5X faster speed. It also works for free Spotify users to downloading and recording Spotify files without touching original audio tracks so you don't need to update your Spotify account. Let's see how it works to export Spotify files to Serato DJ software for mixing.
Part 2. Detailed Guide to Add Spotify Music to Serato DJ Software
You can download and install AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader on your computer installed Serato DJ software. If necessary, you can also install it on Windows computer as well since it works on this operating system. Now, you can refer to the following tutorial to convert Spotify protected tracks to Serato DJ compatible audio files.
- Step 1Import songs from Spotify to AudFree
- There are two ways for you to add Spotify playlists and albums to AudFree software for converting. Please enter to Spotify app, it will be opened automatically when launching AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader and then find favorite Spotify files. Now, you can directly drag and drop songs to conversion window or copy and paste the Spotify URL to the search box and click the '+' button to load Spotify files.
- Step 2Set output audio parameters for Serato
- Please click the AudFree Spotify Music Converter from the top menu bar on Apple computer and enter to the 'Preferences' to 'Convert' option and then you will see setting window will pop up. You can set output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC and others, define output quality (bit rate as 320 kbps, 256 kbps, 160 kbps, etc.) and change the destination folder as you prefer.
- Step 3Start to download and convert Spotify tracks
- When the customization finished completely, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner to start the converting process. This smart software will download Spotify files offline and convert them to target audio files you set before. When the conversion process starts, you can leave computer alone to run and take a cup of coffee.
Part 3. Add converted Spotify Music to Serato DJ Software
After conversion, it could be easy to sync Spotify playlists from the destination folder on your computer to Serato DJ library. If you are the newbie, you can follow the above detailed tutorial.
Step 1. Launch Serato DJ software on your Mac and touch the 'Files' option to open the files panel. On the left panel, please navigate to the folder location that you save converted Spotify audio files.
Step 2. Drag and drop the target folder or Spotify files you'd like to mix on Serato DJ software to the purple 'All…' icon. Just wait for a while, all Spotify tracks will be imported to Serato DJ software from your local drive and then you can mix new masterpiece with Spotify music.
Video Demo: How to Add Music from Spotify to Serato DJ
This video tutorial gives you a more intuitive way to see how to import Spotify playlists to AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Then add Spotify local songs to Serato DJ software.