Snapchat is easily one of the most popular social communication platforms today. Have you installed Snapchat app on your phone and created and shared lots of video snaps and stories with friends? Now, it's time to make your Snaps more attractive and entertaining by adding Spotify music to Snapchat as background music now.
Formerly, it's not possible to put a song into Snapchat video because there is no way to upload created videos or record music from a third-party app. Fortunately, over the course of time, Snapchat updates this feature and allows users to add music to their snaps by recording whatever music is playing on your devices.
According to some studies, music taste is linked t personality traits. Now, you can use favorite Spotify on Snapchat and share your personality with your friends via Snapchat stories and videos.
Part 1. How to Add Music to Snapchat from Spotify Streaming Service
Snapchat has the ability to record music from almost all popular streaming apps, such as Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, etc. You just need to play the music and playlist on Spotify in the background, and then Snapchat will record playing audios. Before getting started to play Spotify on Snapchat, please make sure you have downloaded Snapchat and Spotify applications on your phone. As free Spotify users will be limited to 'Shuffle Play' mode, to get Spotify music filter on Snapchat, you'll be required to upgrade to Spotify Premium for that. Here are the detailed steps to connect Spotify to Snapchat for adding music.
Step 1. Open the Spotify music app on your phone and then select a song that you'd like to make as background music for Snapchat videos.
Step 2. Play the target music and use the 'time bar' to pick the section of the song and then pause it.
Step 3. It's time to launch Snapchat app and choose the Control Center on iPhone or 'Notification Center' on Android by swiping up from the bottom of the main interface.
Step 4. Now, please press the 'Play' button to play the song you'd like to use on Snapchat and then close the Control or Notification Center.
Step 5. Just hit on the 'Record' button and Snapchat will start to record playing Spotify audios. When you lift your finger from the 'Record' option, it will stop recording.
Congratulations! Spotify music is integrated into Snapchat videos. And you can click the 'Send' icon in the lower right corner to choose the friends from your contacts to share Spotify song on Snapchat.
How to Share Spotify Music to Snapchat Directly
If you have updated your Spotify app on your iOS and Android devices, open it to listen to Spotify music and playlists, and then share Spotify music to your friends, you will see Snapchat is is the sharing option. On 9 Sep, 2019, Spotify is rolling out an integration with Snapchat. Put it another way, Spotify users is able to share Spotify music and podcasts to Snapchat directly via the Share menu
Step 1. Open Spotify app and discover the music that you'd like to share to Snapchat.
Step 2. Once found out, please click the 'three dot' to choose 'Share' icon directly.
Step 3. Now, please choose 'Snapchat' to log in your Snapchat account and share Spotify music you are listening to on Snapchat stories.
Part 2. How to Add Spotify Music to Snapchat from Phone
The above way is available for Spotify paid users. If you are a free Spotify subscriber, you will skip into this part to get the solution to post Spotify music on Snapchat. Since Snapchat also allows users to add music from phone through phone's native music app, we just need to download Spotify music as local files and transfer them to smartphone for playing in native music app. Put it another way, you can add music to Snapchat without Spotify app.
'Offline Mode' is the privilege of Spotify premium subscribers. To download Spotify music without premium, we will resort to a professional Spotify music downloading tool, namely AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader. It can not only download Spotify music for offline listening but also convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B so that you can use common music players on your phone to play Spotify music and record Spotify with Snapchat.
- Step 1Add Spotify music and playlist to AudFree
- Please launch AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader on your computer meanwhile Spotify app will be launched automatically. And then there are two ways to load Spotify playlists that you'd like to play on Snapchat, respectively dragging and dropping music to the main interface or copying and paste the Spotify link to the search box of AudFree and clicking the '+' button.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format for Snapchat
- There are six audio formats you can choose to set as output audio format, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. Just clicking the Apple's menu bar to choose 'AudFree Spotify Converter' > 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to adjust output format and other audio parameters, like sample rate, bit rate, audio channel, etc. for your Spotify files.
- Step 3Convert Spotify playlist for Snapchat
- When all settings are ready, it's time to convert Spotify music and playlists to Snapchat compatible audio files by simply clicking the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. It will works at 5X faster speed to download Spotify songs. But to make the conversion process more stable, you are recommended to check the mark before the '1X' speed.
- Step 4Add Spotify music to Snapchat videos / stories
- You can start to pair your phone to your computer via USB cable and then transfer converted Spotify music tracks to your phone. After that, you can use a native music app to play Spotify music and refer to the Part 1 steps to add Spotify music from phone to Snapchat easily. When you have done this, you can share Snapchat stories with Spotify music to others directly.