When it comes to making a video more attractive, most of us will think of adding cool and unique effects in videos using some video editing tools. In fact, adding pleasure background music also seems a recommended solution to give highlights for videos.
Where to choose favorite music tracks for making exclusive videos? Fortunately, there are many online streaming music services offering a wide variety of songs for users' choice. As the world's largest music streaming site, Spotify could be put in the No.1 place, which allows users to access to over 35 million songs with no cost. So, we will focus on how to add music from Spotify to video in this article.
Part 1. Everything We Need to Know about Spotify Music
Can I Add Spotify Music to a Video
Have you tried to add music to video from Spotify? If the answer is yes, you could already have known that you are not permitted to drag Spotify tracks to video clips directly. When you search for the answer of whether Spotify users can move Spotify songs to video project as background music on Spotify Community, the official statement could be that you can only play and use songs and playlists within Spotify app itself.
Not just Spotify, other popular streaming services have the same requirement, even subscribing its premium plan. Spotify applied digital rights managements protection in its all Spotify content, including tracks, playlists, albums, etc. In this case, even though you can enjoy the offline playback feature, the downloaded Spotify songs could be cache files, not local files. If you can't locate Spotify music downloads, how can you put Spotify music to videos?
Spotify Playlist Downloader to Download Spotify Offline
To add music from Spotify to video, we need to use a third-party Spotify solution to download Spotify music or playlists to local computer. Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader for Mac, which is specialize in downloading any Spotify content offline and save them in local folder on computer for both free and premium users on Spotify. Besides, Ogg Vorbis format can't be recognized by some popular video editing apps, this smart Spotify downloader can also convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV and other common audio formats for editing.
AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader
Part 2. Download and Convert Spotify Music for Editing
Please make sure you have downloaded and installed Spotify app and AudFree Spotify playlist downloader on your computer in advance. Please be well noted that you don't need to update to Spotify Premium if you are a free Spotify user.
- Step 1Import Spotify protected music to AudFree
- Please launch AudFree Music Converter for Spotify on your computer. And then you need to import Spotify protected songs or playlist to AudFree. To do it, you can drag and drop Spotify songs to conversion window of AudFree directly or copy and paste the URL of Spotify to the search box of AudFree.
- Step 2Customize output format and other parameters
- AudFree software supports a wide variety of output formats. You can click the top menu bar -> Preferences -> Convert button to set the right one as output format in accordance to the compatibility of video editing tool. Besides, you can customize other audio parameters as you like.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Spotify songs
- When all settings are ready, you just need to click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface and then you will see the converting process will start automatically. Generally, it can work at up to 5X faster speed with zero quality lossless.
Part 3. How to Add Spotify Music to a Video via Windows Movie Maker
Congratulations! You can find converted DRM-free Spotify MP3 files on destination folder. Now, you are free to import local Spotify music downloads to videos as background music, such as adding Spotify music to Instagram video via recording tool or using video editors to put them to target videos. Here, we will take Windows Movie Maker as example to show you how it works.
Step 1. Launch Windows Movie Maker editing tool on your PC and then upload the target video clip that you'd like to add attractive background music.
Step 2. Please touch the 'Add Music' button from the top-left menu bar and choose 'Add Music from PC' option to browser audio folders on your computer. Now, you can add the Spotify songs from local drive to Windows Movie Maker via double click.
Step3. You can adjust the timeline to put Spotify music on the right line. Once done, please save your video project and Spotify music will be saved in the video.