Q: When I enter to Virtual DJ and try to import Spotify music to it, it seems VDJ 8 isn't compatible with songs and playlists from Spotify. It's too shocking when searching this issue on Google, I got the old-fashioned news 'Virtual DJ has already removed Spotify from its streaming library option on 8th September, 2017'. Can't we access to Spotify on VDJ 8 anymore? If yes, how can I play Spotify playlist on Virtual DJ?
Although Spotify isn't available for Virtual DJ software, if you really would like to add Spotify music to it, Spotify on Virtual DJ is not impossible. In this article, we will introduce an effective alternative way to make Spotify music library supported by VDJ 8 with ease.
Part 1. Best Tool to Import Spotify to Virtual DJ Software for Playback
Why Spotify Isn't Supported by Virtual DJ
Spotify is not included in the option of Virtual DJ's compatible streaming music services. But why we can't upload Spotify tracks to VDJ 8 just like syncing the local files? In general, Virtual DJ supports the following common audio formats, including MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, etc. and music files on Spotify are encoded in VDJ supported Vorbis Ogg format. But Spotify tracks also feature DRM digital technology, which leading that Spotify users can only download the cache files but not local songs and Virtual DJ app can't recognize them.
Best Spotify to Virtual DJ Converter
From what we discussed above, to move Spotify music to VDJ for mixing audios or playback, the premise is that we can download Spotify songs as common local files without DRM protection. Here, we highly recommend AudFree Spotify Music Converter, which is one of most well-designed music converters for Spotify. It can help free and premium users on Spotify to download and convert Spotify files to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B while getting rid of DRM technology built-in Spotify music losslessly. Thanks to this professional Spotify to Virtual DJ converter, you can freely add music from Spotify to VDJ 8.
Part 2. Detailed Guide on Downloading Spotify Music as Local Files
With the help of AudFree Spotify Music Converter, Spotify free and paid users can easily download songs, playlists and albums to favorite audio files on your local computer with a few clicks. Now, you can follow the three steps to get your local Spotify files for importing to Virtual DJ software.
- Step 1Add Spotify music or playlist to AudFree
- Please launch this smart AudFree software, and Spotify app will be opened automatically with this app. And then there are two ways for you to import Spotify music for downloading. One is to drag and drop Spotify tracks to AudFree, the other is to copy and paste the URL of Spotify music to the search box of AudFree.
- Step 2Set output Spotify music format for VDJ 8
- Please enter to the Preference -> Convert option, you can start to define output format as other Virtual DJ compatible audio formats, like MP3. Or you can also customize output audio quality by changing bit rate, sample rate, audio channel, codec. Spotify free users can enjoy lower audio quality. So, it's better to set bit rate as 320 kbps to enhance audio quality.
- Step 3Start downloading Spotify playlist to MP3
- To start downloading process, you just need to simply touch the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the AudFree's main window. When all conversion done, you can locate the unprotected Spotify MP3 local files in the destination folder on your computer.
Part 3. How to Upload Converted Spotify Playlists to Virtual DJ
No matter for which purpose to add Spotify music to Virtual DJ, such as playing Spotify music or mixing Spotify music on VDJ software, you can refer to the simple steps as below.
Step 1. Download and install Virtual DJ software on your computer firstly, if you don't. And then double click the short cut to launch it, the main screen will show up on your computer desktop.
Step 2. In the bottom-left corner, there is an option of 'Local Music', which allows you to import local audio files from 'Hard Drives', 'iTunes', etc. Please hit on the 'Local Music' menu to choose playlists from target source.
Note: If you prefer to add music from iTunes to Virtual DJ, you need to transfer converted Spotify files to iTunes library in advance. To do this, you can refer to this source page: How to Transfer Spotify Music to iTunes.
Step 3. When all music files are uploaded to Virtual DJ software, you can start to play Spotify playlists on VDJ 8. If you are using Virtual DJ premium, you can mix Spotify songs in accordance to your special needs.