Live streaming has taken the world by storm nowadays, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic when we are stuck at home and watch many living streaming videos. Among the audience, more and more people want to turn into a streamer themselves and build their own channel.
For beginners, Streamlabs OBS would be a great choice when it comes to broadcast software selection. It is widely used by Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook Live streamers. If you want to have Spotify music playing when you live stream video games or other content, this article is going to help you achieve that, with detailed guidance on how to add Spotify to Streamlabs OBS in 2 ways.
Part 1. How to Add Spotify to Streamlabs OBS – Step by Step
Streamlabs OBS lacks compatibility with macOS and Linux, which means it is currently available on Windows PC only. Before getting started, make sure you have installed the Spotify desktop app on your computer so that you can add Spotify music to Streamlabs OBS.
Step 1. Launch the Spotify app, go to Streamlabs OBS and tap on the '+' button to add a new source to your scene.
Step 2. In the newly opened window, select Window Capture under the Standard section, and name the source.
Step 3. Under Window, scroll down to select [Spotify.exe]: Spotify Free or Premium and hit Done.
Step 4. Hold the Spotify window capture and right-click to select Transform and Stretch to Screen.
Step 5. Unclick everything, hold Alt on your keyboard, and then click on the window to adjust the scale and size of the Spotify app. You can now put it anywhere you want to display when streaming.
Now you can start playing some Spotify music on Streamlabs OBS. The music will show up under the Desktop Audio.
Part 2. Alternative Way to Play Offline Spotify Music in Streamlabs OBS
You have now learned how to add Spotify music to Streamlabs OBS, but be careful that you are not allowed to stream copyright-protected music unless you get permission. If not, your channel would probably receive warnings and be banned for a while. For some copyright-free and royalty-free music on Spotify, you can go search 'StreamBeats' for some completely free music and use them on your stream.
If you are a long time Spotify user, you may know that only Spotify Premium users are allowed to download playlists for offline listening. We are here to introduce an alternative way to add Spotify music to Streamlabs OBS for offline playback using the Spotify free account to avoid any possible streaming problem. Firstly, you will need a professional tool named AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Windows.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is capable of downloading all Spotify contents with original quality preserved and save them in common audio formats. It can run at 5X speed to help you download Spotify songs to computer, and keep all ID3 tag information such as title, album cover, artist, genre, etc., so when you add them to Streamlabs OBS as a media source, all this info will be displayed when streaming.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
How to Play Spotify on Streamlabs OBS without Spotify Premium
Without further ado, let's download the AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your desktop and dive into this.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to AudFree
- When you open the AudFree Spotify converting tool, the Spotify app will launch itself so you can directly drag and drop music from Spotify to AudFree's main interface. Or, you can copy the URL of Spotify music and paste it to the search box of AudFree.Then hit the '+' button to load music into AudFree software.
- Step 2Customize output settings for Streamlabs OBS
- Now please go to Menu from the upper-right corner to open the setting window. Click Convert and here you can set Spotify music output format, or customize the bite rate, sample rate, etc. according to your needs.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for offline playback
- When all settings are saved, please click the Convert tab at the bottom-right corner and all added Spotify music will be downloaded and converted at fast speed. Once finish, you can check the downloaded Spotify music in the converted history list.
- Step 4Play Spotify music offline on Streamlabs OBS
- Similar to the steps in Part 1, click the '+' button under Sources, and select Media Source. Choose the music files you have just downloaded using the AudFree Spotify Music Converter to add Spotify to Streamlabs OBS. Enjoy Spotify music streaming on your channel with your audience!