I'd like to play Spotify playlist on CD player but Spotify tracks are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format that is not fully compatible with CD player. As far as I known, WAV is a standard and recommended audio format used for creating Audio CD because of its accurate and lossless features. Is there any effective way to record Spotify music and playlist to WAV?
There are lots of detailed tutorials and tricks to convert Spotify music to MP3 in the search engine but rare solutions about downloading Spotify music as WAV files. As a matter of fact, there could still be a great demand of converting Spotify to WAV with respect to Spotify subscribers to get better playback. So, here we will introduce the best way to convert Spotify to WAV format effortlessly.
Part 1. Why We Need to Convert Spotify Music to WAV
Spotify Music: What You Should Know
As world's biggest online music streaming service, Spotify has over 170 million users with about 70 million being paying subscribers. It enables free and paid subscribers to freely access to over 35 million songs on a wide variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS X, Android and iOS.
But it's important to note that Spotify music tracks come with special Ogg Vorbis format and built-in Digital Rights Management protection. You can't get songs or playlists out of the Spotify app even if you are a Spotify Premium user. As a result, you can't play Spotify music on favorite device and music player for offline listening as you like.
What Is WAV
Waveform Audio File Format (more commonly known as WAV due to its file name extension) is one of the most lossless audio file formats for storing an audio bitstream on PCs. Although it comes with a very large file size, WAV has more advantages compared with lossy audio format, like MP3. For example, you can record audio as WAV files with different bit rate and sample rate and these files can be saved in CD-quality audio (44.1 KHz, 16-bit stereo) for burning them to a CD.
To make Spotify music available for many devices without losing audio quality, getting WAV files from Spotify music seems be a smart choice. Besides, Spotify WAV files could be used as background music in video editing tools, such as iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc. One thing you need to pay attention before downloading Spotify to WAV is that WAV is not a good format for streaming online because of its large file size.
Part 2. Best Spotify to WAV Converter – Download Spotify Music as WAV Files
If you are not familiar with DRM decryption technology, it could be a difficult task to get WAV files from Spotify protected music. Under this situation, you need to get help from professional Spotify music to WAV converting software. Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify to WAV Converter for Mac/Windows.
This smart Spotify WAV downloader can not only convert Spotify playlist to WAV but also remove DRM from Spotify files without touching original audio files. Besides, it has ability to download Spotify songs, playlists or albums for offline listening no matter you are using free or premium membership. Apart from supporting output WAV format, this powerful Spotify music converter could convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. with one click. After conversion, you can play Spotify playlist on any device and music player without problem.
Part 3. Step-by-step Guide to Save Spotify Music as WAV Files
To get WAV files from Spotify files, you just need to download and install AudFree Spotify to WAV Converter on your Mac or Windows computer, there is no extra action and operate needed. Before get started, please make sure Spotify app is well-installed on your computer. Now, let's see how to convert downloaded Spotify files to WAV.
- Step 1Import Spotify music/playlist to AudFree software
- Double click the short cut of AudFree software to launch it from computer desktop, you will see Spotify app will be launched automatically. And then you can add Spotify files to AudFree by dragging and dropping them to the main interface or copying and pasting the URL of Spotify music to the search box then pressing the '+' button. Please be well noted that there is a real-time preview in Spotify app.
- Step 2Define output format as WAV
- As we described above, AudFree Spotify music converter can supports many audio formats, like MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, etc. You just need to select the WAV as the output format by clicking on the 'Preference' -> 'Convert' option. Besides, if you would like to play Spotify WAV files on CD player, you're required to set the output audio quality as 44.1 KHz and 16-bit stereo.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify to WAV
- After all settings are OK, you can start to hit on the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface and AudFree software will automatically download and record added Spotify as lossless WAV files for playback. Generally, it could work at up to 5X faster converting speed.
Congratulations! Now, you can locate Spotify WAV music files on destination folder on your computer and transfer them to WAV compatible devices and players for offline playback with ease.
Video Demo: How to Convert Spotify Music to WAV Losslessly
In this video, you can learn on how to use AudFree Spotify to WAV Converter to download and convert Spotify music and playlists to WAV files for offline playback on WAV compatible devices.