"Can you cut music from Spotify? The song 'One' by Metallica has a whole minute of 'nothing'. It's the introduction which is some gun sounds and other stuff. I'd love to have a version of the song that starts when the instruments start playing.
And here is another example: Oasis - D'you know what I mean. This Oasis song has around 30 seconds of 'digital' weird songs before it actually starts the music. It really breaks my immersion while listening to songs, I know Spotify uses the original song but if we had this option would be amazing." --Asked by nogueira7 from Reddit
Despite this question was raised 2 years ago, there is still no perfect reply in the post. The streaming music site provides flawless online songs most of the time. Even so, it is not a weird thing that the weird sounds occur in the streaming songs. Since most people only subscribe to one streaming music service, it is not that convenient to find the music resource from other platforms.
So how to solve this problem in an appropriate way? Cut songs in Spotify could be a good idea. In this article, I would like to share with you a simple and fast tutorial on how to download and cut Spotify songs.
Part 1. How to Download Music from Spotify
This part is divided into 2 sections, showing you why you need to download Spotify tracks and what you need to download songs from Spotify.
Why You Need to Download Spotify Songs
It is known that Spotify Premium offers an offline mode for enjoying Spotify playlists with no cellular. But the offline mode doesn't mean you can download Spotify playlists. What you play offline are Spotify cache files, which are not findable on your playing device. However, only the downloaded Spotify files allow you to cut a music clip from it.
What You Need to Download Songs from Spotify
To download the cache files from Spotify, you need extra support from AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. Specially designed for the Spotify Music app, this smart downloader is proficient in downloading Spotify songs as local music files. The downloading process also contains the music conversion, which enables you to convert Spotify Ogg Vorbis formats to MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B, FLAC, and such most-used audio formats.
With the help of this intelligent program, you can easily get Spotify music downloads without losing any quality and any ID3 tags.
Part 2. Cut Songs from Spotify with AudFree
In the following content, you will see how to download and convert songs from Spotify. Then cut songs from Spotify in detail. Before viewing the steps of getting Spotify downloads, please pay attention to the tips below.
Tip 1. Download and install AudFree Spotify Music Downloader from the "Download" button above. Make sure you choose the right version.
Tip 2. The free version of the AudFree downloader only offers 1 min conversion for each Spotify song. You can have a trial before purchasing it.
Tip 3. To get the full experience of using this tool, please buy the registered version from its official website. The purchase is valid for a lifetime.
The following tutorial will show a series of detailed steps on how to download and cut songs from Spotify.
- Step 1Install AudFree and add Spotify songs into it
- Download and open AudFree Spotify Music Converter. In the Spotify library, drag and drop songs that you need to cut to the main interface of AudFree. They will be loaded automatically. Or you can copy and paste the link of track or playlist to the search bar in AudFree. Then tap on the "+" icon next to the search bar.
- Step 2Change output format and customize other settings
- Open the menu from the top bar. Then select the Preference > Convert option. There're 4 kinds of output options for selection: format, channel, sample rate, and bit rate. To get the most compatible output format and the best output quality, please choose MP3, 48000 Hz, and 320 kbps.
- Step 3Ready to download and convert Spotify songs
- Hit the "Convert" button to activate the downloading process. The whole process is finished automatically. When all tasks are converted, you can click the "folder" icon from the bottom line to access the local Spotify MP3 files.
- Step 4Cut music from Spotify with any audio cutter
- Now you've downloaded Spotify songs on the local computer. These local Spotify tracks are totally unprotected and free to edit. You can use any audio editor or media cutter to cut Spotify songs.