Beyond all doubt, Spotify is one of the world’s popular streaming music services, which enables members to access to Spotify library of 'over 40 millions songs'. However, to Spotify users' disappointed, they have no choice but to subscribe Spotify Premium if they would like to download music from Spotify for offline listening. That's to say, with a free Spotify account, members can listen to music from Spotify with ad online only.
Apart from updating to Premium subscription to get 'Available Offline' option, is there any other effective way to download music on Spotify with free account? Fortunately, the answer could be yes. In this article, I will introduce the professional solution to download Spotify music without Premium for offline playback on any device and media player.
Part 1. Why You Can't Download Spotify Music without Premium
Generally speaking, Spotify offers two tiers for members, respectively Spotify Free or Spotify Premium. No matter you have a free or paying Spotify plan, it's free to discover and listen to songs, playlists and album from Spotify as long as your devices connect to Internet. But the biggest differences are that there is no direct download button for free Spotify users to download music from Spotify to devices and they are under a poor listening experience, such as tolerating the interference of adverts while playing Spotify music and enjoying lower-quality audio tracks.
The key reason leading this difference is that Spotify applies Digital Rights Management (DRM) to Spotify tracks. Due to this DRM protection, you are not able to download music on Spotify with free account. Even if you are subscribing Premium plan, you can only download songs from Spotify on a maximum of 3 different devices. As consequence, in order to download Spotify music for free and play Spotify music on any device, you need to equip with a powerful Spotify Music Downloader that can remove DRM from Spotify content and download Spotify music to MP3.
Part 2. Best Spotify Music Downloader to Download Music from Spotify Freely
When it comes to the best Spotify music downloader that can help you take a full control of Spotify tunes, the first tool comes to my mind is AudFree Spotify Music Downloader, an all-in-one Spotify playlist downloader and converter.
With built-in DRM decryption technology, AudFree Music Downloader for Spotify has the ability of unlocking DRM technology from any content of Spotify with zero quality loss and downloading Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, AAC, and other plain audio formats. More important, this excellent Spotify converter is designed to both free and paid Spotify members to keep Spotify tracks forever. Put it another, you can download and listen to any Spotify song, playlist and album on all devices and player, even if you haven’t subscribed for Spotify Premium.
AudFree Music Downloader for Spotify
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Music for Free with AudFree
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is available for both Windows and Mac operating system. Taken Mac version as example, we will show you the step-by-step tutorial on how to download music from Spotify without Premium. Please be well noted that this guide also works for Windows users.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs/playlists/albums to AudFree
- When you launch Music Downloader for Spotify, Spotify app will be opened automatically. Now, you can login the Spotify account and passwords to find out favorite Spotify tracks. If you don't have a Spotify account, please register a free one. You are able to choose one from following two ways add Spotify songs to AudFree, dragging them to the conversion window of AudFree or copy&paste URL link of Spotify tracks to search box.
- Step 2Customize output format and other output settings
- There are a lot of output formats for your choice, such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B, etc. You can define the wanted one as the output format. Since MP3 has the high compatibility with all music devices and players, we high recommend you to download Spotify music to MP3. Also, this smart Spotify downloader allows you to personalize other output audio parameters, like audio channels, bit rate, codec, etc. as you like.
- Step 3Remove DRM and download Spotify to MP3
- Please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, AudFree Music Converter will start to bypass DRM protection and convert imported Spotify songs to MP3 files automatically. After conversion, you can locate download Spotify music on the destination folder and transfer them to wanted devices, like Sony Walkman, Apple iPod, Zune, etc for offline listening.
More Tips: Download Spotify Music for Offline Listening with Premium
Since paying Spotify users can directly download Spotify songs, playlists and albums for offline playback on selected devices without any limitation, we will also write the simple yet complete guide for the Spotify newbie to download music from Spotify effortlessly.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app from your computer desktop and login your exclusive Premium account for Spotify. Now, you can start to discover the favorite Spotify music in Spotify library.
Step 2. Click the Spotify item that you would like to download, and there are two options for you to choose, 'Play' or 'Download' button. In order to download Spotify songs, please drag the 'Download' button to the right side and Spotify tracks will be downloaded automatically.
Step 3. Navigate to File/Apple Menu on the top left-hand side to discover the 'Offline Mode' button, and then you need to turn it on. After that, you are able to listen to Spotify songs, playlists and albums on the favorite music devices offline.
If you can't download Spotify tracks to wanted devices or players due to DRM protection, you can also get help form AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. It enables you to download Spotify to any device for offline listening while removing DRM lock and converting Spotify music to DRM-free MP3 tracks.
Video Demo: Download Spotify Playlists with Free Account
This video shows you the step-by-step tutorial on downloading Spotify songs, playlists and albums with a free account so that you can play music from Spotify without Premium.