If you like music and use Spotify as the music app, you can find that Spotify offers two tiers, Spotify Free and Spotify Premium services for users. You are able to listen to Spotify music with your free account and then upgrade it to a premium one for more music experience.
It is known that as a free user of Spotify, you are not allowed to download the songs on it. But subscribers can do it. To get the downloads for offline playing, you need to pay for the service each month. Is there any way to download Spotify music without premium? Actually, there is a perfect way for you. Read on this post. You will get it.
Part 1. How to Download Spotify Music without Premium
If you are a free user of Spotify, you can enjoy Spotify music on a free trial day. In the process, you will encounter some ads while you are playing the songs. Besides, you can only shuffle play songs in a playlist in which the quality is worse than subscribers'. If you get the premium account to avoid these problems, you need to be charged for $9.99 (or $4.99 for student premium and $14.99 for family premium) per month. If you can download music on Spotify without premium, you can then save money and time to play your favorite music.
It is universally realized that Spotify songs, podcasts, and albums are encrypted for its digital rights management. The specific format Spotify adopts prohibits users from downloading the media files without premium. In this regard, you can change their formats and turn them into common ones. Then you can play the music from Spotify like other unprotected songs on your devices.
What is the perfect way for you to convert Spotify songs' format? As I know, for personal use, the AudFree Spotify Music Converter is powerful enough to extract Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B files. It does well in ripping Spotify music and saving it as local files. Therefore, you are able to store the playlists from Spotify and listen to the songs on your players with no network whenever you want.
What's worth mentioning is that the converted Spotify files are kept with 100% quality. The ID3 tags of the Spotify tracks are preserved. You are free to set the output parameters before you do the conversion. With a fast speed the AudFree software works, you will gain the converted Spotify files in a short time. Then you can choose your best players to listen to Spotify music offline without premium anytime.
Part 2. Steps to Download Spotify Songs without Premium
Here we will show you the detailed tutorial to get Spotify downloads with the help of the AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Just follow it and with a few clicks, you can easily download songs for free from Spotify. As the AudFree program supports both Windows and Mac computers, you should choose the right version to install.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs to AudFree
- After you install the AudFree Spotify songs on your computer, please launch it. If you have installed the Spotify app before, the AudFree tool will open it automatically. On the Spotify window, please select the songs for format conversion. You can drag them to the AudFree window directly. Or copy their links and drop to the search bar. Then click the "+" button to upload them.
- Step 2Set output formats for Spotify downloads
- Put your mouse on the upper right of the interface. Choose "Preferences" > "Convert" option. Reset the output format and channel, bit rate and sample rate. You are advised to select WAV or FLAC as output format, set bit rate as 320 kbps and sample rate as 44,100 Hz. Then tap on the "OK" icon to save the settings. Moreover, if you want to change the default folder of output files, just hit the "Converted" button on the bottom.
- Step 3Download songs from Spotify for Free
- Find the "Convert" button at the bottom-right corner. Press on it. The AudFree Spotify Playlist Converter will download Spotify files to computer at once. The songs' data like title, year, genre, etc. will be saved at the same time. When it is done, hit the "File" button to locate the Spotify files.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify Offline for Free on Android/iOS
After you download Spotify playlist without premium to your computer. Here we will tell you how to import the files to your devices and music players, like iPhone, Android phone, Sony Walkman, iPod, etc. We take Android and iPhone as an example.
On Android Devices
Step 1. Please link your Android phone with your computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Locate the Spotify music folder on your computer. Drag it to your Android external file folder for syncing.
Step 3. Now, you can enjoy the Spotify songs offline for free on your Android phone.
On iOS Devices
Step 1. Open iTunes store on your computer. Select "File" > "Add to File" to transfer Spotify playlists to iTunes.
Step 2. After that, all of the Spotify files in your iTunes music library will be moved to your iPhone for offline listening.