There is no doubt that listening to music offline is one of the indispensable features to enjoy better music entertainment as you can't make your device connected to network always.
As a Spotify Premium subscriber, you will be able to listen to Spotify offline without the distraction of ads via its Offline Mode function. But what if you are a Spotify free user? Can you listen to Spotify offline without Premium?
Although Spotify offers two tiers, Spotify Free and Spotify Premium services to explore music trip, to your disappointed, Spotify only provides paid users the official way to play Spotify music offline. Luckily, there is an alternative workaround to get the Spotify offline mode without Premium. If you are interested in this topic, you can read on to find the answer.
Part 1. How to Listen to Spotify Offline without Premium
There are more and more software developers who discover the demands of Spotify users and they have developed and created professional and excellent music solutions for Spotify that enables Spotify music addicts to download and save Spotify offline for free. No matter you are using a free or paying account on Spotify, you just need to select a powerful Spotify music downloader and then you can make Spotify offline available.
Instead of utilizing all kinds of Spotify music downloaders one by one, here you can directly download and install one of the most popular and full-featured Spotify tools, called AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your computer. It's specialized in using Spotify offline without Premium as it has the ability to download songs, playlists, podcasts from Spotify and convert Spotify downloads to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. for offline playback without having to subscribe Spotify Premium plan by paying for $9.99 per month.
Part 2. Guide to Listen to Spotify Songs Offline with AudFree
AudFree Spotify Music Converter just needs you to click three steps to download Spotify songs and playlists for free and then you can listen to them on any device offline. Here is the detailed tutorial on how to use Spotify offline without Premium with the help of this smart Spotify tool.
- Step 1Load Spotify songs to AudFree for downloading offline
- After you have launched AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your Mac or Windows computer, Spotify app will be opened automatically. And then you can start to import songs from Spotify to AudFree program by dragging and dropping audio files to the main window or copying and pasting the URL of Spotify tracks to the search box and clicking '+' button to load them.
- Step 2Set output formats for offline Spotify downloads
- When you are using a free Spotify account, you can only listen to 160 kbps quality of Spotify audios. AudFree Spotify Music Converter offers users to customize output audio quality by clicking the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to set bit rate as 20 kbps and sample rate as 44,100 Hz. Besides, you can also define the output format as WAV or FLAC lossless format to get higher Spotify files.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs offline for free
- When all settings are ready, please click 'OK' to navigate to the main interface and click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner, you will see the downloading process will be launched. All added Spotify songs will be downloaded on your computer. After conversion, you can locate offline Spotify files by touching the 'file' icon directly.
Part 3. How to Listen to Spotify Offline for Free on Android/iOS
You can start to sync and transfer Spotify music downloads to your devices and music players, like iPhone, Android phone, Sony Walkman, iPod, etc. After transferring, you can play Spotify music and playlists for free on all devices that don't connect to the Internet without a problem. Here, we will take Android and iPhone as example to share the complete guide on how to play Spotify songs offline on mobile devices.
Play Spotify Offline on Android Devices
Step 1. Please connect your Android phone to your computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Locate the music folder covering Spotify files on your computer and drag it to your Android external file folder for syncing.
Step 3. It can also block the Shuffle Mode. So, you can begin to listen to Spotify songs offline for free on your Android phone as you like.
Play Spotify Offline on iOS Devices
Step 1. Open iTunes store on your computer and click 'File' > 'Add to File' to upload Spotify files to iTunes.
Step 2. Alternatively, you can also follow this helpful source page to transfer Spotify playlists to iTunes.
Step 3. After that, all audio files in your iTunes music library will be synced to your iPhone for offline listening.