Do you like music? If you are keen on music, and want to play and edit songs or even compose, you will need some devices. Ableton Live, a professional music sequencer for both Windows and Mac, is designed for real-time instrumental performance, composing, recording, arranging, mixing, and mastering. It is powerful and easy to operate due to the perfect combination of audio sequencer and live control. It is helpful to make many optimizations for dance music, especially for post-production of dance music.
So owning this tool, you may want to stream some music on it. Spotify app may be your choice because it offers you plenty of songs of different kinds. It could be a wonderful thing to insert music from Spotify into Ableton Live to edit or play as you like.
However, Spotify tracks can not be taken away from the Spotify appthe Spotify app. The reason is that the songs have their own format that is not available for offline playback outside the Spotify software. Even if you are a premium subscriber, the downloaded tracks are cache files so you will fail to enjoy them in Ableton Live. Concerning this, you are supposed to rip a track from Spotify into Ableton Live. We will offer you the software to achieve this goal as follows.
Part 1. What You'll Need to Send Music from Spotify to Ableton Live
Ableton Live supports most of the common audio formats but not Spotify music because Spotify songs are encoded in protected Ogg Vorbis format. So the files of Spotify are not compatible with Ableton Live. Fortunately, AudFree Spotify Music Converter is an effective program to let you download and import a song from Spotify into Ableton Live.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is designed for format conversion of Spotify playlists. It helps you convert the Spotify tracks to common audio files that compatible with Ableton Live. At last, you are able to play Spotify with Ableton Live freely. What's more, the AudFree software makes you get the converted Spotify files in a few seconds as it runs at a 5X faster speed. In the process, the ID3 tags would be saved automatically. All the Spotify tracks are transferred losslessly for you.
Part 2. How to Add a Spotify Song to Ableton Live
It's the time to show you the tutorial of the AudFree Spotify Music Downloader and how to add converted Spotify music to Ableton Live. You can get it in the following words.
- Step 1Upload Spotify Playlists to AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Install AudFree Spotify Music Converter and open it. The Spotify app will run at the same time. Select the songs you plan to convert and drag them to the conversion window of the AudFree tool. Or you can paste the URL of the song into the search bar. Thus, the files would be uploaded quickly. Besides, you are allowed to send several songs from Spotify for a conversion in batch.
- Step 2Set the Output Preference
- With all the Spotify tracks ready in the interface, you need to customize the output settings before the conversion. Choose the "Preference" icon on the top-right of the interface. There are six formats for you - MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B. Pick the one that meets your needs. You can also personalize the parameters including bit rate, sample rate, and the channel. Tick the option of conversion speed, you can make the conversion more stable. In addition, the Spotify files can be archived by Artist/Album or Artist.
- Step 3Convert and Download Spotify Playlists
- Hit the "Convert" button, then you could start to convert the Spotify songs to your favorite formats. The conversion process only takes you a little time. When it finished, get the transferred Spotify playlists in the history folder. Next, you could move Spotify tracks to Ableton Live.
- Step 4Put Spotify Music on Ableton Live
- Launch Ableton Live on your computer so you can connect Spotify to Ableton Live. Hit "File" icon in the menu of Ableton Live, then set up a "New Live Set" for a new project. Click "File" > "Open", and click a folder where the existing project stay. Choose a file to select it, and click "Open". Finally, you can successfully pull tracks from Spotify to Ableton Live.
Part 3. By Verdict
Having inserted all music from Spotify into Ableton Live, you can play Spotify playlists through Ableton Live freely with the assistant of AudFree Spotify Music Converter. The converted Spotify tracks are preserved without quality loss. All the information about the Spotify playlists are reserved so you can find the songs you want quickly. In the end, it's your show time by playing and editing Spotify songs in Ableton Live.