With the arrival of PlayStation Music with built-in exclusive partner, Spotify, PS3 and PS4 gamers can access to Spotify songs, playlists or albums freely and listen to streaming music on PS3 and PS4 game consoles directly. What's more, this PlayStation Music app allows users to stream Spotify music while playing games on PlayStation 4.
Can't wait to play Spotify on PS4 while gaming but have no idea on how to make it get started? We will guide you the detailed steps to get Spotify on your PS4 with PlayStation Music. Besides, since only Spotify users who are already Premium subscribers allow to play Spotify music on PS4 directly, we will also introduce alternative way to play Spotify offline on PS4 for free Spotify users.
Part 1. Play Spotify on PS4 While Gaming with Spotify Premium
Spotify is available for PS3 and PS4 as a surprise appearance, so gamers will be able to play Spotify music as background music without need for a separate device. You just need to download Spotify app on your PS4 or use Spotify Connect from your smartphone or tablet's Spotify app to stream music while you are playing a PS4 game.
But there is still something required to use Spotify on PS4. Firstly, please make sure you have upgraded your Spotify account to Premium subscription. Besides, since there is no 'Offline Mode' on PlayStation to download Spotify music on PS4 for offline playback, you need to ensure that you are on the stable Internet network for avoiding unexpected interruption. If two things are ready, you can refer to the following tutorial to listen to Spotify playlist on PS4.
Step 1. Download and Launch Spotify App on PS4. Please download PlayStation Music app, and you will find it on your Recently Used dashboard on your PS4 console. Now, you can click start then either sing up or sing in. Since you have Spotify Premium account, you can enter your account details on opening Spotify app.
Step 2. Discover Favorite Playlist on Spotify.There are two distinct sections – Browse and Your Music in the PlayStation Music UI for you to find target Spotify songs for playback. You can search for a special song or album or enter to the personal playlist to start music playback.
Step 3. Start Playing Games on PS4.You can hit the PlayStation button to return to the home screen of PS4. At the same time, your Spotify music should keep playing while you browse the main menu. Now, you can launch the game that you’d like to play.
Step 4. Use Quick Menu to Control Soundtracks.If you would like to skip a song or change the volume, you can hold download the PlayStation button on your controller and it will bring up the Quick Menu on PS4. You can click the 'Spotify' option at the top to adjust music playback.
Part 2. Download Spotify Music to PS4 for Offline Playback with Spotify Free Account
What if you are a Spotify free user and would like to download Spotify songs or playlists to PS4 for offline listening without leaving a game? Fortunately, there is a Media Player in the PS4 connect area that can play MP3 and AAC (M4A). So, all we need to do is to convert Spotify tracks to MP3 or AAC while removing DRM protection built-in Spotify tracks.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is a handy downloader and converter for Spotify, which is designed to remove DRM from Spotify music legally and download and transcode Spotify playlist to MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, WAV and M4B without touching original Spotify files. After conversion, any Spotify user can get Spotify playlists playable on PS4 via Media Player.
Convert Spotify Music to Play on PS4 for Free
Before uploading Spotify tracks to PlayStation 4, we need to use Spotify Music Converter for Mac/Windows to convert DRM-ed tracks to MP3 or AAC files. Let's see how.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs or playlists to AudFree
- When you open AudFree Music Converter for Spotify, Spotify app will be launched automatically. And you can start to drag and drop Spotify songs to the AudFree's conversion window of or you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify tracks to search box of AudFree software.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 or AAC for PS4
- Since Media Player on PS4 is fully compatible with MP3 and AAC, you can define the output format as MP3 or other PS4 supported audio format by entering to the top menu-> Preference -> Convert button. Besides, you can also customize output quality by adjusting bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Download and Convert Spotify files Offline
- Please simply touch the 'Convert' button once at the main interface, AudFree Spotify Music Converter will begin to download and convert added Spotify music to MP3 or other audio files you set before. Once the conversion process finishes, you can locate Spotify local files on the destination folder.
Play Spotify Music on PS4 Offline via Media Player
Congratulations! Spotify songs and playlists are unprotected and saved on the local folder on your computer. Now, you can start to stream converted Spotify music to PS4 by the following steps.
1. Connect your USB flash drive to your computer and copy all Spotify files to USB drive.
2. Plug in the flash drive included Spotify tracks to the USB port of your PS4 and find and open Media Player on your PlayStation.
3. Use Media Player to browse Spotify music from the USB flash drive and stream them as the background music offline while playing games.
You can also stream local audio tracks to your PS4 via the Plex or DLNA media server. By the way, this way is also available for Spotify paying users. Do you still have some trouble in playing Spotify songs or playlists on PS4? Just leave the issues in the comment area and we will give the further assistance for you.