Q: Is there any solution on how to stream Spotify to a VLC media player? No matter I'm using a free or premium account, I can only play Spotify music in the Spotify app itself. By doing this, it's able to play Spotify through VLC on devices incompatible with the Spotify app. Because the VLC media player has wider compatibility with devices.
VLC is a free and open-source cross-platform media player. It could be a nice bridge to make Spotify music playable on more devices. But you will fail to get Spotify music to VLC directly. Why and how can we listen to Spotify in VLC player? Read on this article, you will find out the detailed reasons and an effective workaround to fix it out.
Part 1. Why VLC Can't Access to Spotify Directly
VLC media player (also famous as VLC) is one of the most popular players and streaming media servers. As a powerful and professional media player, it’s available for a wide variety of desktop operating systems and mobile devices. Without a doubt, it is compatible with almost all video and audio formats. In terms of audio formats, it supports AAC, FLAC, MP3, Ogg, Real Audio, WMA, etc.
Introduced to this point, you will be more confused. Spotify music files are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format. Obviously, it is included in the list of VLC supported audio formats. But, why you will meet issues when VLC wants to access to control Spotify?
It's important to note that Spotify applies special technology to encrypt its digital files. Spotify Ogg Vorbis is a unique format, which leads that Spotify files can't be used in VLC.
If you would like to catch a Spotify stream VLC, it's necessary to do Spotify format conversion. In the following part, we will provide you with a wonderful Spotify Music Converter. With it, you can easily convert Spotify to VLC compatible audio files at a 5X faster speed.
Part 2. How to Play Spotify through VLC - Tool Required
There are many Spotify converters designed to make VLC Spotify work together. But AudFree Spotify Music Converter stands out from them. It features high-quality output tracks, excellent features, and charming performance.
It is specialized in downloading Spotify music to local computer for offline listening. It works well for both Spotify free and premium subscribers. The stunning feature is converting Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, AAC, etc. at a 5X faster speed.
Thanks to this smart Spotify to VLC converter, it's easy to add Spotify to VLC media player's playlist. Besides, you can also play Spotify music on other media players, like WMP without limits.
Part 3. How to Stream Spotify through VLC
Please make sure you have downloaded AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your computer. You need to pay attention that it supports a free trial version for users to test its functions. But it's limited to a one-minute conversion length. You need to pay $14.95 to get the full version. Now, let's start to listen to Spotify on VLC.
- Step 1Browser and add Spotify music to AudFree
- Click the software icon to launch this tool and Spotify app from your computer desktop. Now, there are two ways to import Spotify playlists to AudFree Software. You can drag and drop Spotify files from Spotify to this program. Or you can copy and paste its URL of Spotify music to AudFree's search box and then press the '+' button to confirm it.
- Step 2Customize Spotify output audio parameters for VLC
- When all files are added to AudFree, you can navigate to the top menu bar. Choose the 'Preference' -> 'Converter' button to open the setting window. In the new window, you can personalize output audio quality by changing the bit rate, sample rate. To make Spotify and VLC compatible, please define the output format as MP3, FLAC.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for VLC player
- Now, please simply hit on the 'Convert button at the bottom-right corner of the main screen. AudFree software will start to convert Spotify tracks to common audio files. When the conversion is done, you can locate local Spotify songs on the destination folder. They are ready to stream to VLC media player for playback.
- Step 4Play Spotify on VLC media player
- It's time to import Spotify playlists to VLC Media Player for offline playback on all devices. Launch VLC on your computer, and then touch the Open File or Open Folder button. It will allow you to browse the files on your computer. You can select the folder including converted Spotify tracks and stream them to VLC. After syncing, you can tap your favorite music and play Spotify through VLC.
- Video DemoHow to Play Spotify through VLC