Does Spotify work with Wear OS smartwatches? The answer could be positive. Four years after the release of Android Wear, Spotify app for Wear OS comes into the market, which has the ability to control Spotify music playback and stream music between connected speakers via the Spotify Connect feature.
How about playing Spotify offline on Android Wear smartwatch? It's important to be noted that Wear OS Spotify offline is not available yet. Different from the Spotify app for Samsung Gear, the Wear Spotify app doesn't allow users to download Spotify songs for offline playback even if with a partnership to preinstall the app on Android watches.
Fortunately, there is another workaround to use a Wear OS watch to stream Spotify offline. If you are interested in this topic, get the solution in the below article.
Part 1. Spotify Wear OS Offline - How to Get
It could be more convenient to listen to Spotify songs on smartwatches when doing exercise outside. But we are often unable to connect to the Internet outdoors. This could be not surprising when people are looking for another way to enjoy Spotify offline on Wear OS watch without a phone.
Instead of waiting for the coming of the feature of Wear OS Spotify offline, don't miss the highlight function of Wear OS smartwatch. It empowers users to play local songs stored on it offline. The thing you need to do is to download and convert Spotify songs as local files that Android smartwatches support uploading.
Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify Music Converter, an all-in-one music converter for both Spotify free and premium subscribers. It's well-designed to download Spotify songs locally while converting Spotify music to a number of audio formats, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, or M4B according to the special needs. It also allows you to make an adjustment to the output audio parameters so that you can play high-quality Spotify music on Wear OS watches.
Download Spotify Songs Offline for Playback on Wear OS Watch
You don't need to upgrade to the Spotify Premium subscription, but please install and download the Spotify desktop and the Spotify downloader on your computer well. When all are done, refer to the below step-by-step tutorial to convert Spotify songs to offline files and then transfer to Wear OS watches for listening to.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs to AudFree
- When you open the AudFree Spotify Music Converter, the Spotify app will pop up at the same time. It aims to help users to discover Spotify songs and load them. It will be the silent mode so you can't preview Spotify songs. (When you open this app alone, all features will turn up to normal.) You can drag and drop songs to the main interface for upload or copy and paste the Spotify link to do it as well.
- Step 2Customize Spotify output format for Wear OS watch
- To make Spotify songs playable on various Android watches, the best output format we recommend is MP3, which has the highest compatibility than other formats. To do this, please click the top-right menu bar to choose 'Preferences' option, the setting window will show up. Please select the 'Convert' section, you can set output format as MP3 for Wear OS watches and customize other settings if necessary.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for Android smartwatches
- Define the output folder or just skip this step and then click the big 'Convert' tab to start the download procedure. By adopting the most advanced converting technology, AudFree Spotify Music Converter works at 5X speed to download Spotify songs to the target folder on your computer directly. Add Spotify downloads will be compatible with a variety of wearable devices.
Part 2. Play Spotify on Wear OS Smartwatch Offline
To play Spotify offline on Wear OS watches without the phone nearby, make sure that your watch has a built-in speaker or is connected to headphones or other Bluetooth accessories. And here, we will use Fossile Smartwatch as an example to introduce the complete steps on how to listen to music on smartwatches.
Note: Most Wear OS watches can only support Google Play Music to stream music. So here, we need to use the Google Play Music as the bridge to download Spotify songs to Fossil Wear OS smartwatch.
Step 1. It's worth mentioning that it's free to upload up to 50,000 songs to Google Play Music. Navigate to Google Play Music web player and log in to your Google account details.
Step 2. Click the 'Music' > 'Listen Now' > 'Upload Music' option, you will be required to fill in the detailed information of your credit or debit card.
Step 3. It will give the prompt screen instructions and then hit the 'Upload Music' again. Now, you can select the 'Select from your computer' section to find the Spotify music folder. If it needs you to install Google Play Music for Chrome on your computer, please follow it.
Step 4. All Spotify playlists will transfer to Google Play Music app. Go back to your Fossil Sport smartwatch and install Google Play Music on it and login with the same name and passwords you used before.
Step 5. You can start to select favorite Spotify songs from the local storage and play them on Wear OS smartwatch offline via the Google Play Music.