Can I use Spotify on Xbox One while playing games? As far as I known, Spotify is available for the PlayStation consoles, the competitor to Xbox One since March of 2015. However, I prefer to use Xbox One to play games. So here, I wonder to know whether there is a way to cast Spotify to Xbox One as background music instead of the same typical songs on Xbox One.
Obviously, the answer must be yes. As a matter of fact, the popular streaming music service, Spotify also comes to Mircrosoft's Xbox One console since August 9th, 2017. Put it another, you can supplement game play with a Spotify-backed soundtrack freely. To make it easier, I summarize top 2 best ways to stream Spotify to Xbox One for listening.
Method 1. Get Spotify on Xbox One via Spotify for Xbox App
From what we mentioned above, you all know that Spotify is fully compatible with Xbox One and you can play Spotify in the background on this smart game console. To listen to Spotify on Xbox One, you just need to download the Spotify app on Xbox One. If you are looking for a playlist from Spotify, you can go to the Browse option in Spotify to discover the Gaming hub, which features pre-curated gaming playlists, such as 'Epic Gaming' and 'Power Gaming' listings.
To change Spotify songs or playlists when you are playing game without interruptions, Xbox One owners allows you to control playing tunes by using the Spotify app as a remote from smartphones, tablets and computers with Spotify Connect. You can skip, pause or select new background music as you like. But you should pay attention is that Spotify Connect is available for Premium subscribers on Spotify only.
Connect Spotify to Xbox One via 'Spotify Music - for Xbox' App
Step 1. Launch your Xbox One and go to the Xbox Store.
Step 2. Download and install the 'Spotify Music – for Xbox' app on your game console from the store.
Step 3. Log in your Spotify account details. If you don't have an account, please create a new one.
Control Spotify on Xbox One with iPhone/Android
Step 1. Install and open the Spotify app on your iPhone or Android devices.
Step 2. Play a song and select 'Devices Available' to select Xbox One as the playback device.
Step 3. Start to control playback with Spotify Connect without stopping the game.
Note: Please make sure your Xbox One and Spotify app on your devices are one the same Wi-Fi network.
Method 2. Play Spotify Music on Xbox One via USB Drive
If you are in the area with stable Internet network, it could be an easier task to stream Spotify music to Xbox One for online playback for both free and premium users. What if a speedy Internet connection isn't available, especially for free users or whom has canceled Premium subscription? Here, we will introduce alternative way – transfer Spotify music or playlist to USB drive for getting Spotify to play on Xbox One, since the Xbox One can play content from USB storage devices using the 'Media Player' app.
Due to DRM protection, it's not able to download Spotify songs and playlists for offline listening and upload Spotify music tracks to USB flash drive. Here, we need to get help from the third-party Spotify music converting tool, called AudFree Spotify Music Converter that can remove DRM lock from any Spotify content with zero quality loss and download and convert Spotify files to MP3, FLAC, etc. no matter you are using a free or paying account.
Now, let's have a look at how to use AudFree Spotify Music Downloader to download Spotify music or playlists offline and transfer downloaded Spotify songs to Xbox One via USB drive. By the way, once you have gotten Spotify tracks from AudFree software, you can keep those Spotify tracks forever.
- Step 1Add Spotify music/playlists to AudFree
- You can launch AudFree Music Converter for Spotify from your Mac or Windows computer and discover the favorite Spotify music in the opened Spotify app. And then you can drag and drop Spotify songs or playlists to the main interface of AudFree or copy and paste the URL of Spotify tracks to the search box.
- Step 2Customize output settings for Xbox One
- Please navigate the menu bar -> Preference to open the setting window, in which you can personalize the output format and output quality according to your needs. There are six audio formats for you to set as output format, including MP3, FALC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. To keep the high-quality output audio, you are suggested to set 320 kbps as the output quality.
- Step 3Remove DRM and download Spotify playlists for Xbox
- When all settings are ready, please simply click the 'Convert' button to start the downloading and converting process. AudFree software will download and convert Spotify music to unprotected audio files for streaming to Xbox One. You can locate converted Spotify files on destination folder.
- Step 4Transfer converted Spotify tracks to Xbox One
- Please connect the USB flash drive to your computer and transfer DRM-free Spotify songs and playlists to it via copying&pasting action. Please plug USB drive including Spotify tracks to Xbox One, and then you can play local Spotify Music on Xbox One offline via media players like VLC Media Player.
Is it easy to play Spotify music on Xbox One while playing games by following the above two ways? However, which way is better you can choose to use Spotify on Xbox One? It could depend on the Spotify account you are using currently.
If you are a premium user, using Spotify app could be the smart choice to listen to Spotify on Xbox One, since you can change tunes from your mobile or tablet without leaving the game and enjoy high-quality audio tracks on Xbox One without ads. But if you are a free user, AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader is better than Spotify app, since it can help you download Spotify files for offline listening and customize the output quality. Although you need to cost $ 19.95 to get the full version, it's worth to keep Spotify music forever.
Do you like to use which way to stream Spotify to Xbox One? Let's hear your voice in the comment area.