When we are talking about music streams, there are a wide variety of streaming music sites coming up to our mind, such as Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Deezer, etc. Instead of listening to CDs, streaming music has been more and more popular. Unfortunately, to protect media files from piracy, different streaming music services have applied in different DRM technologies in music tracks, including the world's largest streaming music industry, Spotify.
DRM, short for Digital Rights Management, contributes to preventing users from playing music on unauthorized devices. As a result, more and more streaming music lovers are looking for the way to break DRM protection losslessly with the purpose of enjoying music more convenient. Here, I will take Spotify as example and show you how to remove DRM from Spotify music with ease.
Part 1. How Does DRM Effects Users to Listen to Spotify Music
As one of the most popular streaming music sites, Spotify offers users to listen to over 40 million songs online and offline. But due to DRM technology, there are still some unexpected restrictions built-in Spotify tracks. If you are a Spotify lover, you will find out that there is no download option for a free registered account and even if you have updated account to Premium, you can play Spotify music on limited devices, which are also caused by DRM protection. Plus, you also have no rights to edit downloaded Spotify songs, such as burning CD from Spotify and making Spotify ringtones for iPhone according to your own needs.
Part 2. Best Spotify DRM Removal Software to Bypass DRM from Spotify
How to enjoy music, playlists or albums from Spotify freely and take a full control of Spotify tracks? It seems the prefect choice is to remove DRM from Spotify downloads with the third-party Spotify DRM remover in the market. If you have no idea about which Spotify music converting tool to choose, please have a try of AudFree Spotify DRM Removal.
It's specially designed to unlock DRM from all Spotify content, including songs, playlists and album without touching original audio files. Apart from breaking DRM lock, this smart software enables users to convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC and other common audio formats at 5X faster speed. It's worth mentioning that this powerful Spotify converter is capable to download Spotify tracks for offline playback even you are a free Spotify user. Overall, once removed Spotify DRM with AudFree software, you can free share and listen to music from Spotify on all devices and MP3 players.
Part 3. Steps to Remove DRM from Spotify Offline with AudFree
Please download and install the free trial version of AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your computer. And then you can follow the detailed tutorial to convert Spotify protected songs to DRM-free audio files that can be recognized by all devices.
- Step 1Add Spotify DRM music to AudFree software
- You can double click the short cut of AudFree converter to launch it. Then Spotify app will be opened automatically. Now, you can copy URL of Spotify music that you'd like to remove DRM, paste it to the search box and touch the '+' button to upload Spotify files to AudFree. Or you can drag and drop Spotify songs to the conversion window directly.
- Note: Please make sure you have downloaded the Spotify app from Spotify official website. Otherwise AudFree Spotify Converter won't work as expected.
- Step 2Choose output format and set other settings
- Please simply click the menu bar > Preferences > Convert to open the format window, in which you can choose one from MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B as the output format and set other output audio preferences, such as audio bit rate, channel, sample rate, etc. Besides, in order to make conversion process more stable, you are suggested to set the conversion speed as 1X.
- Step 3Remove DRM from Spotify songs/playlists
- When all settings are ok, please click 'Convert' button at the main interface to let the program removing DRM from Spotify downloads and converting Spotify music to MP3. After conversion, you can locate unprotected Spotify tracks on target folder.
Part 4. In Conclusion
You might also wonder to know whether there is the free Spotify DRM removal tool to remove DRM from Spotify playlists. The answer is positive. Deezify, an extension of Chrome, can break DRM protection from Spotify and download Spotify streaming audios to MP3 with ease. But you should pay attention that you can use Deezify in Chrome browser only and the output audio quality is not ideal.
As consequence, AudFree Music Converter for Spotify is the better option to remove DRM from Spotify downloads. Besides, this professional software supports for classifying output audio tracks by artist or album with one click, which can make you enjoy Spotify music easier.
Anyway, no matter which Spotify tool you choose to remove Spotify DRM protection, you can freely play Spotify songs, playlists and albums on favorite devices and music players. Have a good time of listening to Spotify songs offline.