Q: Can a BlackBerry use the Spotify app? This question is quite often asked by people who get nostalgic and want to come back to an old BlackBerry phone. The answer to the question is yes, you can. For some old BlackBerry models, they can get the old Spotify app, and sideloading an Android APK will work for BlackBerry 10 users. As for the BlackBerry smartphones powered by Android nowadays, they can definitely get the Spotify app from the Google Play Store.
Besides the different solutions which we are going to cover in this article, we will also introduce a workaround that 100% works to help you get Spotify for BlackBerry with ease.
Part 1. Get Spotify for Different BlackBerry Models
Having conducted some research, we have concluded solutions for different BlackBerry phones accordingly. Now let's take a closer look at how to play Spotify on BlackBerry.
The Spotify app was reported to be available on BlackBerry App World store in 2012. Spotify worked on BlackBerry OS 5 and BlackBerry 6 smartphones at first by then. With this Spotify BlackBerry native app, users can have a 30-day trial, and after that a Premium subscription is required to stream Spotify on BlackBerry. In addition to getting the old Spotify app which stopped updating long ago, BlackBerry Classic (also known as BlackBerry Q20), Z30, or Z10, and some other phones running the BlackBerry OS are suggested to download the official Spotify app from the Amazon App Store.
*BlackBerry 10 users can also try getting an Android APK sideloading for Spotify.
BlackBerry Powered by Android
BlackBerry began to release Android-based smartphones in 2015, and it was begun with the BlackBerry Priv and then the BlackBerry DTEK50. Now we have the BlackBerry KeyOne, Key2, Evolve, Motion in the family. These BlackBerry phone powered by Android allows users to play Spotify on BlackBerry easily. Simply install the Spotify app from the Google Play Store and enjoy music no matter you are a Spotify free or Premium subscriber.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify for BlackBerry All Devices - 100% Work
Note that we are not sure whether some of the above ways still work or not since we don't have those old BlackBerry devices at hand to fully test it out. Therefore, we found an alternative way that enables you to play Spotify music on all BlackBerry devices. This method requires the help of third-party software - AudFree Spotify Music Converter. This professional tool is capable of downloading and converting Spotify music to plain audio formats compatible with BlackBerry.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is specialized in downloading all Spotify contents at 5X speed and convert Spotify to FLAC, MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, or M4B with free or Premium Spotify account. Without any audio quality loss during the converting process, this tool is smart enough to save all metadata of the music, so when you play them on your BlackBerry phones, all the information such as artist, title, genre, album covert will be displayed.
The following detailed tutorial will guide you through how to use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to get Spotify for BlackBerry step by step. This tool is both available on both Windows and Mac OS. Download the install this tool on your computer and don't forget to install the Spotify desktop app as well.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to AudFree converter
- To add Spotify track/album/playlist to the AudFree software, you can directly drag and drop the Spotify songs from Spotify app to AudFree's main interface. Or, you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify songs or playlists to the search box of AudFree and click the '+' button to load them into the AudFree Spotify Music Converter.
- Step 2Set Spotify output format for BlackBerry
- Once all songs you'd like to play on BlackBerry have been loaded into AudFree, you can go to the Menu icon from the upper-right corner to select Preference. In the newly pop-up window setting, please go to Convert section and select output format as MP3 for Spotify music on BlackBerry. You can also adjust other audio parameters here as you like.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for BlackBerry
- Then, you just need to start to click the Convert button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, the AudFree Spotify Music Converter will start the rapid downloading and converting procedure. When one Spotify songs are completely downloaded, you will see a number prompt up next to the history icon. Click on it to open the converted list and locate the music files in the output folder.
- Step 4Play Spotify on BlackBerry offline
- Now the final step is to connect your BlackBerry device to the computer via a USB cable and transfer the converted Spotify music onto BlackBerry. Once synced, you can play Spotify music on BlackBerry at any time without using cellular data using the built-in media player.
Conclusion: After reading this, you have a general idea of how to get Spotify for BlackBerry. Do you have anything else to add? Hope you successfully play Spotify on your BlackBerry phone with one of the methods introduced above. Enjoy!