Q: Can I download Spotify on iPod Nano 6th generation for listening to playlists when running? Music can enhance my performance and make me get focused better. It couldn't be denied that I have an outdated iPod model. But I wonder to know whether there is a working solution to transfer the Spotify playlist to iPod Nano?
One highlight feature of the iPod Nano could be its light and convenient. It could be one of the best audio players to get music entertainment outside without carrying a giant mobile device. When it comes to Spotify and iPod Nano, to your disappointment, there is no official iPod Nano Spotify app. But the good news is that there is an alternative way to get Spotify on iPod Nano. Read on this article, and follow it to enjoy music trip easier.
Part 1. How Can You Download Spotify Music to iPod
Created and designed by Apple Inc., iPod Nano is one of the iPod series as a portable media player. With the development of the series, it has undergone 7 generations of product innovation, from the 1st generation to the 7th generation. Although the iPod Nano discontinued, many iPod lovers have one model in hand until now.
Spotify is not compatible with iPod Nano currently, but the iPod Nano supports uploading music and playlists to it and play local music with ease. Due to this wonderful feature, you can download playlists from Spotify to the computer and then sync Spotify playlists to iPod Nano for playback.
It's important to be noted that even if you are using the Spotify subscription, you can only download Spotify tracks as local files via the 'Download' option. To get local Spotify playlists, a professional Spotify playlist downloader seems a nice option.
To avoid unnecessary hassle, in the following part, we will share you with the best Spotify music downloader and guide you on how to download Spotify music offline. (It doesn't require a premium account.)
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Playlists Locally for iPod Nano
AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader is specialized in downloading Spotify tracks. It's one of the top-leading Spotify solutions compared to similar products in output quality, conversion speed, easy-to-use interface, etc.
It's able to run at 5X speed to download music, playlists, albums, audiobooks, podcasts, and any other content from the Spotify app. By adopting more advanced technology, it can export the same Spotify tracks as the original files, including 100% lossless ID3 tags. It's easy to use it to download local Spotify tracks with a few clicks. Let's see how it works in the following tutorial.
AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader
- Step 1Upload Spotify playlists to AudFree Spotify converter
- When you open the AudFree Spotify to iPod Nano Converter, you can upload Spotify playlists to this tool in two ways. If you have a few songs that you'd like to sync to iPod Nano, you can directly drag and drop them from the Spotify app to the user interface of the software. But if you have many songs to download, you can create a playlist for those tracks and copy the URL of that playlist and paste it to the search box to load them at the same time. It will save your time.
- Step 2Choose Spotify download format for iPod Nano
- iPod Nano can recognize the following files, including MP3, WAV, M4A and so on. Fortunately, this Spotify playlist downloader is also a professional music converter for Spotify, with which you can download Spotify playlists to MP3, FLAC, M4A, etc. Just hit on the top menu -> 'Preference' -> 'Convert' to launch the setting window. Now, you can customize the output formats, conversion speed, and other audio parameters for Spotify downloads.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlists for iPod Nano
- When it's ready for download, please click the big 'Convert' button to start the conversion process. It will download and convert added Spotify tracks to local audio files encoded in MP3, M4A, or the other one you set before. After conversion, you can locate them by touching the 'Converted' button. They are compatible with any model of iPod Nano.
Part 3. How to Get Spotify on iPod Nano
To connect Spotify to iPod Nano, we can draw support from iTunes, which could be the media transferring tool. First of all, please make sure you have connected your iPod Nano with the computer via the USB cable.
Step 1. After you have opened the iTunes app from your computer desktop, please transfer Spotify playlists to iTunes library by clicking the File' -> 'Add File to Library' button.
Step 2. Find and click the device icon from the top of iTunes. The iPod Nano and the Spotify files will show up on the left sidebar of the iTunes.
Step 3. Select the favorite Spotify playlists and then press the 'Sync' button, all Spotify files will be imported to iPod Nano for a while.
Note: If you are using another model of iPod, you can refer to How to Play Spotify on the iPod to listen to Spotify music without a problem as well.