This article will share a practical method to help you to use Rekordbox and Spotify for DJing.
If you are a DJ or who loves mixing music, you will be familiar with Rekordbox. Transformed from an audio analyzing and editing tool, Rekordbox now has become an audio controller. To help DJs better organize their track resources, Rekordbox offers multiple functional features, including modifying grids, setting cue points, and others. It also offers advanced special tools to connect to the computer for easy DJing.
Besides, it is necessary to collect music samples from different sites to enrich your music library. The most direct way to get what you need is to browse and search for tracks in the streaming music platforms, for instance, Spotify. Its huge music library will satisfy many of your needs.
So how to connect Rekordbox to Spotify for DJing? Just browse the navigation bar to find what you are interested in.
Part 1. Play Spotify on Rekordbox: What You Need
Is there a direct way to transfer Spotify playlists to Rekordbox? Unfortunately, the answer is negative. The key point is simple: Spotify songs are protected. You can find that all downloaded Spotify songs are protected by Ogg Vorbis, a special audio format that prevents users to utilize Spotify tracks on any unauthorized players and devices. Normally, it is only allowed to play Spotify music in the Spotify app.
But there is still a workaround to solve this issue completely. All you need is a reliable Spotify music converter to convert audio formats of Spotify tracks. There are lots of similar kinds of products on the market. After comparing the top 5 Spotify converter, here I recommend AudFree Spotify Music Converter to you. Designed to solve the issue of audio compatibility of Spotify songs, this smart tool is able to convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, and other unprotected formats. Rekordbox supports playing music files in ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, MP3, AAC, so now you know which ones to choose.
Besides, thanks to the latest powerful technology, the music quality in the converted Spotify files are totally the same as the original ones. You don't need to worry about any loss of music effects. Or if you would like to change the output settings, you can change the output parameters like channel, bitrate, sample rate, etc. in AudFree. With the assist of AudFree Spotify Music Converter, every track can be free from protection and gets the best output settings as you required.
Part 2. How to Import Spotify Tracks into Rekordbox
Now let's see the step-by-step breakdown to download and convert Spotify playlists to Rekordbox.
- Step 1Load playlists from Spotify to AudFree
- Download and install AudFree Spotify Music Converter on the computer. Then the Spotify app will automatically turn on. Copy the URL of the playlists from Spotify and paste it to the search bar in AudFree. Next, hit the '+' icon beside to stream tracks. Or you can directly drag and drop the playlist from Spotify to the main window of AudFree. Wait a few seconds until all tracks are added into AudFree.
- Step 2Alter the output formats for Rekordbox
- On the Windows computer, please go to the top title bar of AudFree. And tap the menu icon to find the "Preferences" > the "Convert" tab. On the Mac computer, please navigate to the top-left corner to find the menu option of Mac. Then choose "AudFree Spotify Music Converter" to get to the Preferences. Now, you can reset the output formats to FLAC, WAV, MP3 or AAC, all of them are playable on Rekordbox. Then customize other output parameters if you want to.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for Rekordbox
- Now you can click the big Convert bar to start the conversion. The conversion may run at 5X speed if the network condition is good. After the process goes over, please follow the on-screen prompts to locate the local music folder. All converted Spotify files will show you there.
- Step 4Stream Spotify songs to Rekordbox
- Finally, you can import Spotify tracks into Rekordbox in the following method to stream Spotify songs to Rekordbox from the local computer.
- 1. Open the converted folder where you keeps the converted Spotify files.
- 2. Keep the 'Collection' icon on the left side of the playlist highlighted. Drag the converted Spotify audios into the track window on the bottom of the Rekordbox screen.
- 3. After Rekordbox analyzed the track data, now you can drag and drop this track to the playlist of Rekordbox.
- Video TutorialUpload Spotify Music to Rekordbox
Now you have successfully upload Spotify songs to Rekordbox. Then you can repeat the above steps to transfer Spotify playlists to Rekordbox for DJing. Just download and sign up for AudFree Spotify Music Converter to try this practical method by yourself.