Q: I'm a Spotify music enthusiast and have subscribed Spotify Premium to access to the whole Spotify library and download favorite songs from Spotify for offline listening. Recently, I have received an Android smartphone from my father as my birthday gift. I wonder to know whether there is an effective way to move music from Spotify to Android, since it could be more convenient to listen to Spotify tracks with a portable phone.
With subscribing Spotify Premium plan, it’s not a difficult task to transfer Spotify music to Android by downloading them to Android devices again. But it could be a heavy task if you have tons of Spotify collection. Fortunately, there are two easy methods for you to sync local files from Spotify to Android devices effortlessly. Let's check it out!
Part 1. Sync Spotify Songs to Android Devices via Spotify App
Like other streaming music services compatible with iOS and Android, Spotify also supports Android version and users can download the Spotify app for Android on the Android devices directly. If you are a Spotify user upgrading your account to Premium just like the one described above, the most effective way is to use Spotify app to sync Spotify songs, playlists or albums to Android. The only thing you need to do is to sync your Spotify account to your Android phone.
Tools You'll Need
1. A computer running Windows or Mac OS
2. An Android device
3. USB cable or Wi-Fi network
Step 1. Double click to launch Spotify app desktop version on your Windows or Mac computer, and login your personal Premium account details.
Step 2. Connect your Android device to your computer via USB cable or Wi-Fi network. If you use Wi-Fi connection, please make sure your computer and the Android device are both under the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 3. Open your Spotify app for Android on your mobile device and login with the same Premium account on Spotify.
Step 4. You can come back to Spotify program on the computer, and you will see the Android phone icon under the 'Devices' tap.
Step 5. Choose your Android device and click on 'Sync 'device's name' with Spotify, and then there are two options for you to choose, respectively 'Sync all music to this device' and 'Manually choose playlists to sync'.
Step 6. Once selected, songs or playlists will automatically sync to Android device from your computer.
Note: With the Spotify Premium subscription, you are permitted to download all Spotify content to at up to three devices. Put it another, you can download Spotify music to Android directly via Spotify app for offline listening.
Part 2. Alternative Way to Move Spotify Music to Android with Free & Premium Account
The effective way we mentioned above is only available for Spotify Premium users, since there is no download option for free subscribers to download Spotify playlists offline no matter which platform you are using to enjoy music from Spotify. Besides, all Spotify downloads are playable in Spotify app only. That's to say, you can't listen to Spotify tracks on other music players. So how to get rid of this restriction? Is there any way to download Spotify songs and transfer them to Android devices with a free account?
The answer could be positive. The key reason leading this dilemma Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology that limits free users to listen to Spotify songs online and premium users to play downloaded playlists in Spotify app only. To fix them out, we just need to get a powerful Spotify music solution to help us. Here we can meet AudFree Spotify Music Converter, which is designed to remove DRM from Spotify music and convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. As a result, you can freely transfer Spotify music to Android or other devices and play them on any music player with a free or premium account.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs/playlists to AudFree
- Launch AudFree Music Converter for Spotify from computer desktop and you will see Spotify app will be launched automatically. Now, you can simply drag and drop Spotify songs or playlists to the conversion window of AudFree or copy and paste the URL of Spotify tracks to the search box.
- Step 2Set output format for Android
- AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader can support a wide variety of audio formats, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. You can click the top menu -> Preference to open the setting window and choose the favorite audio format as the output format for Android device. In this new window, you can adjust other audio parameters as you like, such as bit rate, audio channel, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Spotify songs
- Now, please press the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, and AudFree software will start to bypass DRM protection from imported Spotify tracks and convert Spotify to Android compatible audio files at the same time. In general, it can work at up to 5X faster speed when converting Spotify files.
- Step 4Transfer downloaded Spotify music to Android
- Once the conversion process finishes, you can locate DRM-free Spotify music tracks on the destination folder and transfer the converted Spotify songs, playlists to your Android device via USB cable with ease. Once synced, you can listen to Spotify music on Android freely.