'Spotify integration with Traktor' could be easily one of the most popular features that many Spotify and Traktor users look forward to having implemented. However, you will always receive a disappointed response from Native Instruments Community saying Traktor DJ is not compatible with any streaming music service including Spotify.
Over the course of time, there is still no positive official answer of using Spotify with Traktor Pro. Fortunately, I have found an effective solution on how to sync Spotify music to Traktor DJ to offer a wide variety of the Spotify music for the DJing. Since the official Spotify for Traktor app couldn't expect soon, you can refer to the following article to achieve your DJ dream.
Part 1. How to Sync Spotify to Traktor DJ - Tool Required
Released in 2,000, Traktor were available for Traktor DJ and Traktor Studio and now is called Traktor Pro 2 and Traktor Pro 3. As one of the incredible DJ software for macOS and Windows OS, Traktor has the ability to delivers up to four virtual decks, mix favorite tracks, play music tracks, add music effects, etc. to be your favorite DJ app.
Spotify is well-known as the top-leading streaming music service, which offers thousands of streaming music and playlists. But no matter you are using Spotify free or premium account, you can only download Spotify music as cache files that you can't locate them on your devices. It's one of the special feature of streaming files.
When it comes to adding Spotify songs to Traktor DJ, we'll need to search for a professional Spotify music downloader to download Spotify files as local files so that we can navigate to offline Spotify files and use Spotify music with Traktor DJ. Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify Music Downloader, an excellent Spotify music and playlist downloading tool. It's able to download and convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B with zero quality loss. No need to upgrade to Spotify premium subscription, you can get offline Spotify music and integrate Spotify into Traktor.
AudFree Spotify Music Downloader
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Songs for Traktor DJ
Please download and install AudFree Spotify Music Downloader on your Mac or Windows computer in advance. Besides, this software needs to work well with Spotify app. As a result, please install Spotify app on your computer as well for downloading Spotify playlists for Traktor DJ app.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to AudFree to download for Traktor
- AudFree Spotify Music Downloader provides two methods to add Spotify songs to it for downloading for Traktor DJ software. You can directly drag and drop Spotify music from the Spotify app to the main interface of AudFree. Alternatively, you can click the 'Share' > 'Copy Spotify Link' to copy and paste the Spotify URL of songs to the search box of AudFree to upload them.
- Step 2Set output format for Traktor DJ software
- It's well known that Traktor supports the following audio formats, including MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Audio CD and AIFF. So here, we can launch the setting window to adjust output format as Traktor compatible one and customize other audio parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, etc. To open the setting window, please navigate to 'AudFree Spotify Music Downloader for Mac' from Apple's top menu on Mac or the AudFree's menu bar on PC to click 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs for Traktor DJ
- To download Spotify playlists as Traktor supported audio files, the last step you need to do is to tap the 'Convert' tab at the bottom-right corner of the main interface and then it will work at 5X faster conversion speed to download and convert added Spotify audio tracks. Just wait for a while, and you can locate all Spotify downloads by touching the 'history' > 'search' icon. After that, you can refer to the below steps to play Spotify music in Traktor Pro 2 and other Traktor DJ apps.
Part 3. How to Import Spotify Playlist to Traktor DJ
Without the need to connect Spotify to Traktor, you can straightway sync converted Spotify music and playlists to Traktor DJ software for using and editing. Here is the simple tutorial on how to do it.
Step 1. Launch Traktor DJ on your computer and then touch 'Setting' > 'File Management' option, it will pop up a new window.
Step 2. In the new opening window, please check the mark before 'Import Music - Folders at Startup' to choose 'Music Folders' > 'Add' button.
Step 3. Now, you can start to find the music folder including converted Spotify music files and add Spotify songs to Traktor DJ by clicking the 'Track Connection' > 'Import Music Folders' section.
It just takes a few minutes to transfer Spotify songs to Traktor DJ. Once this process finished, it couldn't be easier to play and use Spotify music on Traktor DJ. If you have met some trouble in doing this, please leave your issue at the comment area and we will fix your issue as soon as possible.