Q: Can I transfer music from Spotify to USB flash drive? - I would like to listen to Spotify streaming music in the car while long-distance driving. It's a nice choice to transfer Spotify songs to USB sticks for playing in the car. To my disappointed, there is no such feature built-in Spotify. I wonder to know is there any solution to convert Spotify songs and playlists to USB?
As an excellent online streaming music, Spotify allows free users to listen to Spotify songs, playlists or albums on devices with network connection only. Even if you can download Spotify music with Spotify Premium subscription, you are unable to backup Spotify playlists to USB external hard drive due to DRM protection. But don't worry, every problem comes with a possible answer. In this article, I will introduce the effective way to download Spotify playlists to USB for enjoying them on more devices.
Part 1. Ultimate Spotify Music Converter to Remove DRM from Spotify
Why We Can't Transfer Music from Spotify to USB
When it comes to making Spotify songs available for USB flash drive, you should know that all songs from Spotify are not only encrypted by Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology, but also encoded in special OGG Vorbis format. As a result, not all popular devices are compatible with Spotify music tracks directly, like MP3 player, Apple Watch, Sony Walkman and more. So does USB flash drive. To transfer protected Spotify playlists to USB, it's necessary to remove Spotify DRM with the third-party Spotifty DRM removal tool.
One-stop Spotify DRM Removal Software
Here, we can meet AudFree Music Converter for Spotify, one of the most professional DRM removers for Spotify. With built-in DRM decryption technology, Spotify Music Converter is specialized in bypassing DRM protection from Spotify songs and playlists with lossless ID3 tags retained. Apart from being an extraordinary Spotify DRM crack, it also is a smart Spotify converter that can download and convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A and M4B at 5X faster speed for both Spotify free and premium users. With this smart software, we can easily convert unprotected Spotify music to USB so that we can enjoy music streams on more popular devices, like car stereo, DVD players, smart TVs, etc.
Part 2. How to Remove DRM and Download Spotify Playlist to USB
AudFree offers the opportunity to download any song or playlist from Spotify while removing DRM lock by doing a few clicks. With the free registered Spotify account and AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader installed on computer, you can quickly sync Spotify music to USB flash drive. Let's see the step-by-step tutorial as below.
- Step 1Import Spotify music or playlist to AudFree software
- Please launch Spotify DRM removal tool from your computer desktop and then you will see that Spotify app will be opened automatically. Now, you can find out favorite Spotify playlist in the launched Spotify app and import them to AudFree Spotify converting tool via dragging&dropping or copying&pasting action.
- Step 2Personalize output format and other audio parameters
- MP3 format is set as the output format of AudFree by default. But it can also support other common audio formats as output format, like FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. You can click the 'audio' icon to set the target output format as you like. In this window, you are free to change other audio setttings, like sample rate, bit rate, channel, etc.
- Step 3Remove DRM from Spotify music or palylist
- When all settings are ready, you can start to launch the converting process by touching the 'Convert' button. AudFree Spotify Music Converter will convert Spotify DRM Ogg tracks to unprotected audio files that can be recognized by USB sticks. Generally speaking, it works at 5X faster speed while removing DRM protection.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify downloads to USB
- You can locate unprotected Spotify playlists on the destination folder. All converted Spotify tracks are compatible with USB flash drive now. Let's start to transfer downloaded Spotify music files to USB.
- Step 1. Connect USB drive to your computer via USB port.
- Step 2. Navigate DRM-free Spotify music and transfer them to inserted USB folder via copying&pasting action.
- Step 3. Wait for the ending of copying process. It depends on how many Spotify files that you'd like to transfer.
Part 3. Sum Up
From the detailed guide we listed above, you can use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify music, playlists or albums to USB drive with ease, no matter you are using a free or paying subscriber. Put it other, you can use this smart software to break the limitations of playing music tracks online only.
When all Sptify music files are transferred to USB flash drive, you can enjoy Spotify music on almost all devices that support USB port, like car stereo, smart TVs, DVD players, smart speakers, and more without connecting to network. Why not have a try to convert Spotify playlist to USB by yourself? Just download and install the trial version of AudFree Spotify converter on your computer to start it.