Question: "Can you download music from Tidal for offline listening? I have a Tidal HiFi subscription and want to have Tidal music download on my computer and phone. By doing that, I can listen to Tidal music on my desired device without a network connection."
Being famous for its high-quality music, Tidal allows users to access over 60 million tracks. It offers wonderful podcasts, exclusive backstage content, live streams, and concerts. With a Tidal Premium subscription, it's able to download 320kbps audio tracks. While HiFi subscribers can get higher quality, which is up to 1411kbps.
Tidal enables its users to download Tidal music. But this option is only available on their mobile app, but not a desktop app. If you'd like to download songs from Tidal onto computer, you should draw support from a Tidal music downloader.
In this article, we are going to show you how to download music from Tidal to computer and mobile step by step. Without further ado, let's dive right in.
Part 1. Download Music from Tidal to Computer via Downloading Way
How to enjoy lossless CD-quality of Tidal music on PC if there is a poor Internet connection? The most ideal way would be downloading Tidal music to computer for offline playback. So here, we are going to share with you how to let Tidal download music to PC or Mac using a smart Tidal downloader.
Tool Needed: Best Tidal Downloader on Mac/Windows
AudFree Tidal Music Downloader is a flagship product developed by AudFree. It is well-designed to help Tidal subscribers download music from Tidal to computer. At the same time, it will save Tidal music downloads in common audio formats.
This excellent tool can run at high speed to download and convert Tidal to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B without losing any audio quality. Besides, it is intelligent enough to detect all metadata such as title, artist, genre, album art of the music automatically. And, it can keep them within the output music files losslessly.
With the help of this all-in-one AudFree Tidal music converter, it opens up more possibilities to enjoy Tidal music in plain format on any device. Moreover, you can keep Tidal music forever even if you cancel your Tidal Premium or HiFi subscription. AudFree Tidal Music Downloader now offers a free trial for both Windows and Mac users to fully explore its various functions.
How to Download Music from Tidal to Computer
Before getting started, there is some preparation work you need to do. Please make sure you have downloaded and installed the right version of AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your computer.
With the new release of this tool, it comes with a built-in Tidal Web Player. It enables you to access Tidal music directly, so you don't need to install the Tidal desktop app anymore. Now, let's see how to download Tidal music to computer easily.
- Step 1Set Tidal music output format for download
- Launch the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on desktop, you will see the main interface built-in Tidal Web Player. Go to Menu from the top-right corner and select 'Preferences' > 'Convert' section. Here, you get to select your ideal output format for Tidal music download.
- You can also customize other audio parameters including bit rate, sample rate, and audio channel. If you choose to download FLAC from Tidal, you get to select the bit depth between 16 bit and 24 bit.
- Step 2Add music from Tidal to AudFree
- This Tidal music downloader provides a simple and easy way to load Tidal playlists. Please find the Tidal songs, albums, playlists that you wish to download from Tidal to computer within the Tidal player. Tap this item, and then the gray "+" button will be blue. It means that Tidal songs are ready for adding. Click the '+' button, and you can select certain Tidal songs for download.
- Step 3Download Tidal music on PC/Mac
- When all the settings are saved, please click the 'Convert' button to start the downloading process at a high speed. After that, you can open the converted list. It's able to locate your downloaded Tidal music files in the output folder on your computer.
- Video TutorialHow to Download Music from Tidal
- Here is a video tutorial that can help you learn how to download from Tidal more clearly. Following every step in this tutorial, and you have no problem getting offline Tidal.
Part 2. Download Songs from Tidal onto Computer via Recording Way
Apart from using the above Tidal playlist downloader, here, I will introduce another solution to achieve this goal. That is to use a third-party Tidal recorder to rip music from Tidal HD on your computer.
AudFree Audio Capture is one of the most professional streaming music recorders. By adopting advanced high-quality audio recording technology, it can rip and download Tidal songs to PC and Mac. In the meanwhile, it can keep original ID3 tags in Tidal files. And it has the ability to download music from Tidal to MP3, and other common audio formats. In this case, you can play Tidal music on any device offline.
How to Download Songs from Tidal onto Computer
Please download and install AudFree Tidal Recorder on your Mac or Windows computer. It's well noted that the free-trial version can record 1 minute of each Tidal file. You can buy the full version to unlock the time limitation. Now, let's see how to use it to record and download songs on Tidal desktop app.
- Step 1Launch AudFree Tidal Recorder and set up recordings
- Launch AudFree Tidal Recorder and the installed programs on your computer will show up in the main interface. If there is no target app you'd like to download Tidal music from, you can click the big '+' button to add any program. You'd suggested using Chrome to download Tidal playlists in the Tidal web player. It can keep the conversion process more stable.
- Step 2Set Tidal output format and other parameters
- Please click the 'audio' icon to open the settings window. You can set your favorite audio format as the Tidal output format from MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Besides, in this window, you can customize the output audio quality as you like.
- Step 3Play and download from Tidal to computer
- You can choose the target program, like Chrome to navigate to Tidal web player. Or click the Tidal app to discover favorite Tidal playlists or albums. Once discovered, you can start to play the Tidal music, it will pop up the recording window. And then it will start to record and download Tidal songs to computer automatically.
- Step 4Edit and save Tidal music downloads
- Once the Tidal music has downloaded, you can click the 'edit' icon at each track to edit Tidal downloads. It's able to cut or split unwanted audio segments and customize the ID3 tags according to your needs. When all settings are OK, you can click the 'Stop' to finish the recording process. Click 'Save' to save Tidal files. Now, you can transfer them to any device for offline playback.
Part 3. How to Download Tidal Music on Mobile App
Tidal lets users download Tidal music on its mobile app in a straight way. The Tidal mobile app is available on Android and iOS devices. Moving on, you can refer to the tutorial below to know how to download music on Tidal on smartphones. To begin with, please make sure you have a stable network connection.
How to Download Tidal Playlist on Mobile
Step 1. Run the Tidal app on your phone and login in with your Tidal account.
Step 2. Start to discover your loved Tidal playlist under the 'My Collections' section.
Step 3. Once you have found a playlist that you'd like to download, tap on it to open its 'Overview' page. You can see a toggle for Download near the top. Swipe this toggle and it will show that the songs in this playlist are added to the download queue.
How to Download an Album from Tidal on Mobile
Step 1. Fire up the Tidal app on your iPhone or Android devices and sign in to your premium account.
Step 2. You can search for a certain album from the top of the interface to find your favorite Tidal album.
Step 3. Tap it and activate the 'Download' button to download them to your phone.
To play downloaded Tidal music without using data, please click My Collection > Settings to turn on the Offline mode option. If you want to use data to listen to Tidal music again, simply disable the offline mode.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Now you have learned how to download music from Tidal to computer and mobile. Easy, right? To be honest, the best way could be using a Tidal downloader to download songs from Tidal onto computer. It helps you make full use of your Tidal Premium or HiFi subscription.
You can play the downloaded Tidal music files in high quality on any device at any time. Also, it's able to transfer Tidal music downloads from your computer to mobile devices. If you have any problem, feel free to contact us and we are always happy to help.