Q: Do Foobar2000 and Tidal have a cooperative relationship? Put it another way, whether it's possible to stream Tidal to Foobar2000? By doing it, I can play Tidal through Foobar2000. Foobar2000 is my favorite music player installed on my iOS and Android devices to explore the digital world.
It's well-known that there is no Foobar2000 Tidal integration. And Tidal music can be playable with the Tidal app but no way for other music players. Why? All music downloaded from Tidal is protected by digital copyright protection.
So, if you have tried to locate and transfer Tidal to Foobar music player, you should meet some obstacles. But take it easy. Where there is a will, there is a way. I figured out a solution to use Tidal with Foobar2000. Just share my successful experience with you in the following post.
Part 1. Best Tidal to Foobar2000 Converter: Tool Required
As there is no Tidal Foobar2000 integration, the best way to make it possible is to convert Tidal to Foobar2000 compatible files. Foobar2000 supports a wide variety of audio formats, like AAC, MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC.
You can get a Tidal recorder to rip Tidal music as local files. And then, you can use a smart audio converter to convert Tidal music format for Foobar2000. Through two conversions, the Tidal quality could be not ideal as it must be lossy.
To avoid this situation, an extraordinary Tidal to Foobar2000 converter is needed. AudFree Tidal Music Converter is such a program. It's specialized in downloading music from Tidal and converting Tidal to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B.
With the help of the AudFree Tidal Music Converter, you can directly get Tidal files that can be played through Foobar2000. Besides, it can keep a 100% lossless audio quality at 5X conversion speed.
Part 2. How to Steam Tidal to Foobar2000 Music Player
The following tutorial is to guide you on how to use Foobar2000 streaming Tidal. Please download AudFree Tidal Music Converter to convert Tidal streaming music to MP3, or other Foobar2000 supported files. And then, you can start to let Foobar2000 play Tidal music.
Notes: The free trial version of AudFree Tidal Music Converter can convert a one-minute file of each song. To unlock this limitation, please purchase the full version.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output parameters for Foobar2000
- Foobar2000 is compatible with a range of audio formats. You can click the top-right menu to choose the 'Preferences' > 'Advanced' option to open the setting window on PC. For Mac users, please click the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter for Mac' from Apple's menu bar to open it. There are six output formats, audio channel, sample rate, bit rate, or depth rate for your customization.
- Step 2Add Tidal songs to AudFree Tidal Converter
- AudFree Tidal Music Converter can work well with the built-in Tidal Web Player. You don't need to install the Tidal desktop app on your computer. There is an easy way to upload Tidal songs to this Tidal to Foobar2000 converter. Find your favorite music in the Tidal player, tap it, then click the '+' button to select and load them.
- Step 3Download Tidal streaming music for Foobar2000
- Just hit on the big 'Convert' button at the loading window. This tool will download the playlists and convert them to target audio files you set before. You can stream all converted Tidal songs to Foobar2000 easily now.
- Step 4Stream Tidal to Foobar2000 Music Player
- To use Foobar2000 with Tidal, please open the Foobar2000 audio player on your computer. There is a direct way to stream Tidal to Foobar2000. Tab the 'File' > 'Add Folder', it will navigate to the local file folders on your computer. Please choose the music folder containing your Tidal tracks and click 'Select Folder' to upload Tidal playlists to foobar2000.
- Video TutorialPart 3. How to Play Tidal through foobar2000
How to Use Foobar2000 Tidal Plugin
There is another solution to play Tidal through Foobar2000. Foobar2000 Tidal plugin is the answer, which makes full use of the Foobar room correction plugin. The setup process is a little complicated, let me walk you through it.
Step 1. Please fire up the Foobar2000 audio player and Tidal desktop app.
Step 2. Install the VB-CABLE software and foo_record plugin as well.
Step 3. In the Tidal app, you need to navigate to 'HiFi quality' and choose 'VB-Audio Virtual Cable' as the input audio path.
Step 4. Customize output audio path as VB-Audio Virtual Cable -> foo_record plugin (44k1 24bit) -> ASIO USB driver -> DAC. That's all. You can start to listen to Tidal streaming music on Foobar2000 music player without limits.
Part 4. The Final Thought
Everyone has to resort to the Tidal app to play music, albums, playlists, and other content you can discover on Tidal. When you are planning to enjoy Tidal songs on your devices, the premise is that the equipment is compatible with the Tidal app.
Foobar2000 music player is a class-platform and free audio player. It can be found on almost all devices running Windows OS, iOS, and Android OS, and more. Based on this, Foobar2000 is a perfect substitution for Tidal. It's much better to control HiFi-quality Tidal tracks through Foobar2000 on all devices. Besides, Foobar2000 can help you handle your huge Tidal library effortlessly.
Have you referred to the above methods? If yes, you can successfully stream Tidal to Foobar2000 now. By the way, you can also transfer Tidal music to any audio player for playback.