As one of main streaming music server in the market, Tidal always focus on providing high-quality music to its subscriber. Up to now, there are 4 types of streaming quality for choice: Normal, High, HiFi and Masters. As the Representative of MQA quality, Tidal Masters provides the ultra-high music quality to those who desire for the unparalleled auditory experience. However, that Tidal MQA music can't be downloaded as local files because of the DRM protection, which encrypts the audio files and prevents users from truly saving them locally or freely transferring them to other devices.
To solve this problem, in this page, we will teach you how to download Tidal MQA music step by step. If you are looking for a way to download the Tidal MQA list and play them offline anywhere, please read and get the best solution.
Part 1. How to Download Tidal MQA Lists Locally
Just like most of the streaming music service companies in the market, Tidal also adopts the DRM technology to protect the music copyright. This factor is beneficial to the artists and music publishers but for the vast world audience, it is not a benefit. We pay for the subscription every month but we are not allowed to download Tidal music onto computer. Is that fair to us? I am still wondering.
Fortunately, there is a powerful and useful tool for us to change this unfair situation. With the help of AudFree Tidal MQA Music Downloader, we can download and convert Tidal MQA streaming into different types of formats such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Using the most innovative technology, this intelligent software can preserve 100% lossless music quality with all ID3 tags like playlists, artists, albums, and so on. The process of operation is incredibly simple and short because of the precise interface and 5X faster speed. It is time to download Tidal MQA albums for ultimate auditory experience by using this best Tidal downloader.
Part 2. Steps to Download Tidal MQA Streaming Music
Both Windows and Mac versions of AudFree Tidal Music Downloader are available for downloads. So please select and install the right one for a free trial. In the free mode, there is a 1-minute conversion limit for each of Tidal MQA music file. But don't worry, you can purchase the full mode at any time once your demands increase. Just click the "menu" icon on the upper right corner. Now let's see how this smart tool works from the beginning to the end.
- Step 1Add MQA music from Tidal and import to AudFree
- Install AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your computer. Open it then the Tidal app will be turned on automatically meanwhile. To load Tidal MQA songs, please select the streams or playlist you on Tidal's page. Next, copy the link of the tracks or playlist and please paste it to the search box on the main page of AudFree. After that, Simply tap on the "+" button, and wait for few moments until those songs are added in AudFree.
- Step 2Reset Tidal output format and customize other parameters
- You can define the output format based on your requests. On the Mac computer, you have to hit the "AudFree Tidal Music Downloader" icon on the menu bar. On the Windows computer, you need to click the "menu" button on the AudFree window, and then choose "Preferences" > "Convert" bar. There is a setting window for you to customize the output format as any common one. Besides, If you want to save the MQA quality, you are suggested to set the bit rate to 320kbps, sample rate to 48000 Hz, etc.
- Step 3Download and store Tidal MQA music into computer
- When every step above is done, just simply tap on the conspicuous "Convert" button at the lower right corner in the main interface. Then the program will run at a 5X faster speed to remove DRM from Tidal MQA songs and keep them into the format which you have set before. The conversion time will not be long, depending on how many songs or playlists you have imported. After conversion, please remember to locate your target folder on the computer and see if all Tidal MQA music is on the list.
Tips: What is MQA and What is the Difference Between MQA and HiFi?
MQA is a method of digitally saving recorded music. The feature of this method is that files are small and convenient to download or stream, which don't need to sacrifice the sonic like traditional compressed files.
MQA on Tidal claims that its streams are a similar bandwidth to those required for CD-quality tracks. According to the illustration on the Tidal website, MQA audio is an authenticated and unbroken sound typically stored in 96 kHz / 24 bit (the highest-possible resolution). HiFi music is an excellent sound, which resolution is 44.1 kHz /16 bit. Therefore, as we can see, music quality delivered by MQA is definitely better than what HiFi offers.