Q: "I want to add Tidal to Kodi. But I have not succeeded in doing it? Do you have any ways for me? As a matter of fact, I got a premium account of Tidal, it still does not count."
Kodi is a media player that supports Spotify, Rhapsody, Pandora Internet Radio, etc. As a free app, it can stream music from your devices and easy to use. But there is no official Tidal for Kodi app but the Tidal add-on to stream Tidal on Kodi.
So, if you plan to send Tidal tracks to Kodi, you will meet some difficulties. Just come with us! We will show you the way to get Tidal on Kodi.
Part 1.How to Use Tidal on Kodi - Software for You
Tidal provides over 40 million songs with free users and subscribers. The songs are formed in FLAC/AAC format. Due to its digital right management, Tidal music can only be played inside the Tidal app. On the other hand, Kodi supports MP3, VIVO, FLV, AVI, M4A, OGG, MPEG and other media file formats. So Tidal files are not available to play in Kodi for their different formats.
Therefore, you are supposed to transfer Tidal for Kodi. You need third-party software to rip music from Tidal. Fortunately, the AudFree Tidal Music Converter is powerful to convert Tidal tracks to MP3, WAV, W4A, W4B and FLAC. Then you can pick MP3 as the output format of Tidal files for Kodi. Consequently, you can export converted Tidal songs to Kodi for playing offline on your devices anywhere.
Furthermore, you can easily identify the converted Tidal tracks as they are all saved with ID3 tags. After you import them to Kodi, you will be happy with the lossless music from Tidal. In addition, you will not wait for a long time for the conversion from Tidal to Kodi because the Tidal app runs at the fastest speed - 5X. When all the songs have been converted, you can enjoy them on Kodi or any other players anytime.
Part 2. How to Get Tidal on Kodi - Detailed Guide
Now you are offered a concrete tutorial on the way to move Tidal playlist to Kodi. Following the steps we make below, you can clearly figure out how to do it and download Tidal without premium in a short time.
- Step 1Upload Tidal Tracks to AudFree
- Firstly install AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer through the website of AudFree. What you should know is that the AudFree Kodi Tidal Converter is compatible with both Win and Mac systems. Then launch the AudFree program. A clean and pleasing conversion window will pop up. Meanwhile, the Tidal app will be opened. Now you should select the songs in Tidal which you intend to convert. Then drag them to the interface. Or paste their links to the search bar of the window after you copy them. Click the "+" button. The selected Tidal songs will be loaded to AudFree Tidal Songs Converter.
- Step 2Customize Output Parameters for Tidal
- Touch on the "Preference" button on the top right of the AudFree tool. Then pick one of the formats for Kodi. Here we suggest that you pick MP3. What's more, you can also personalize the channel, bit rate and sample rate fora better quality. The AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader also allows you to archive output Tidal tracks by Artist or Album and set the speed as 1X for stability. Hitting the "Converted" icon enables you to reset the output folder.
- Step 3Convert Tidal for Kodi
- Drop your mouse on the "convert" button. Then the AudFree Kodi Tidal Converter will start to download Tidal songs in batch. Within a few minutes, you can locate the converted Tidal files by clicking "file" > "search" button. The AudFree helps to keep the information of the songs including title, year, genre, composer, group, album cover, etc. If you use the free version of the AudFree tool, you can get a one-third file of the converted song. For a completely converted Tidal track, you can buy the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader.
- Step 4Get Tidal on Kodi
Now the Tidal files are ready for you to add to Kodi. Congratulation! We show you the steps to move the songs to Kodi in the parts below. You will be able to enjoy Tidal music on Kodi freely soon. Please make sure you have synced Tidal files to mobile devices in advance.
1. Open the Kodi app on your iOS, Linux or Android devices. Tap on "Music" > "Enter the section".
2. You will be led to choose the converted files from Tidal. Then hit "OK".
3. Now you need to agree to put your media source to Kodi and wait for uploading.
4. At last, you can successfully stream the Tidal songs to Kodi and listen to them without a network connection.