Q: "How can I get Tidal music on LG Smart TV with the webOS browser? I can't find the built-in Tidal app on it. In fact, it doesn't have any pre-installed streaming music app. I really want to stream my Tidal playlist to the LG TV and play it via the stereo system. I'd appreciate any help I can get on it."
Currently, LG Smart TV doesn't have Tidal streaming service integration. But it doesn't mean you can't stream Tidal music to LG TV. The first method is to use an additional device, for example, the Chromecast. These kinds of products contain much more than the Tidal streaming app. If you don't want to purchase extra hardware, you can shift your focus on the software. In the following paragraphs, I will introduce you how to listen to Tidal music on LG TV via useful software.
Part 1. How to Transfer Tidal Music to LG TV: What You Need
From the very beginning, you may wonder why you need this software or how can this tool help you. Let me explain it to you first.
The LG TV supports importing local songs for playback so that we can download the Tidal songs as local files and transfer them to your TV. However, Tidal music is a protected file which can't be truly downloaded. That is why you need additional software to break the protection.
This required tool is an all-in-one music converter named AudFree Tidal Music Converter. Specially designed for Tidal app, this program is able to convert Tidal tracks, playlists, and albums to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, M4B, AAC, and many other common formats, which guarantees to suit the LG Smart TV. Taking advantage of the latest converting skill, this powerful tool can also save the converted Tidal songs as local audio files without losing any quality. In this way, you are available to enjoy the original high-quality Tidal tracks on LG Smart TV.
Part 2. How to Stream Tidal to LG TV: Detailed Guide
Now let me show you the detailed tutorial to import music to LG TV from Tidal via AudFree Tidal Music Converter.
- Step 1Copy and paste Tidal tracks to AudFree
- Download AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer first. Then install the Tidal desktop app or open the Tidal web player via a browser. Next, please open the AudFree and the Tidal desktop app will pop out later. Start to browse and pick out your favorite tracks in Tidal. After that, please find and click the '...' button and go to the 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal Track Link' tab. After you copy the link of the song or playlist, please turn to AudFree and paste the link to the search box. Now tap the '+" button to load them into AudFree.
- Step 2Change music formats and other parameters for LG TV
- If you are using a Mac computer, you need to open the system's menu bar on Mac, then open the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' under the list. If you are using Windows computer, you have to hit the menu icon from the top menu bar on AudFree's interface. Then select the 'Preferences' and then choose 'Convert'. Now you are on the setting page. It is allowed to customize the output configuration by changing the format, bit depth, sample rate and etc. Here is advice for output settings. You can choose FLAC, 24 bit, 96000Hz to keep the best quality. You can also reset the way how to order the output tracks, by album or by the artist. Don't forget to save the changes in settings.
- Step 3Start to download Tidal songs as local files for LG TV
- Now you can prepare to start the conversion. Please directly click the huge 'Convert' tab on the right button of the main window. The converting time is varied by the network speed, the number of tracks you have added and tracks' quality. Sometimes the conversion may pause and a tip will pop out. Just follow it to continue the conversion. Once the conversion is done, here is the track for you to locate the converted Tidal files. Please click the 'History' icon beside the 'Convert' icon to open the converted list. Then move your cursor to anyone. A 'file' icon will appear next to the track. Click it to open the local folder on the computer.
- Step 4Import Tidal tracks to LG Smart TV
Now you can copy these local Tidal tracks to a USB disk for back up. Then insert the USB to your LG Smart TV and start listening to your favorite Tidal music.