Q: Is there any news for whether Google Home will support Tidal as the default music service? If the answer is no idea, is there any other way to link Tidal to Google Home for playing Tidal music and playlists on Google Home speakers?
Based on online research, there is only a postive news on Tidal for Google Home, coming from a Google employee who stated that Google Home has an open API that is up to Tidal to make it available. Since this open API works already on some other streaming music services.
Obviously, it is unwise to expect Tidal to arrive soon and give up other opportunities of adding Tidal to Google Home. Before Tidal is used as default service of Google Home, here, we'll show two quick workarounds to connect Tidal music to Google Home/Home Mini/Max with ease.
Method 1. Link Tidal to Google Home via Google Cast to Stream Tidal Music
It's well-known that Google Home comes with Chromecast built-in, which endows you the ability to play audios from your smartphone on Google Home speaker. Fortunately, Tidal is including in the app list that supports Google Cast. That's to say, there is an official way to cast Tidal songs to Google Home via built-in Chromecast functionality.
Although there is no searching function allowing you to play a specific song but you can still use voice commands as normal to control the Tidal playback on Home speakers after linking Tidal to Google Home. It's posssible to ask Google Home to skip, go back, increase or decrease volume and comply some other basic commands. Here is a simple tutoiral to cast music from Tidal to Google Home Mini.
Step 1. Please make sure your mobile device is under the same Wi-Fi network as Google Home Mini. And then please launch Tidal app on your Android or iPhone device.
Step 2. Next, you can start to select the music that you'd like to listen to and play it. At the same time, there will pop up the basic medai controls at the bottom of the main screen.
Step 3. Just simply choose this bar to display an extended version of the Now Playing screen and then you can see there is an icon that looks like a tiny speaker at the bottom-left corner, please hit on it.
Step 4. Here, you can see the Google Cast sub-menu and all Google Cast devices that are connected to the same Wi-Fi as your phone will show up. You can choose Google Home Mini as the target device to stream Tidal music.
Step 5. Your smartphone is connected to Google Home for a while, and then Tidal music will play out of the Google Home. And you can take a full control of the music playback using the basic music commands on Google Home or just use your phone as a remote control.
Method 2. Play Tidal on Google Home/Home Mini from Google Play Music
Speaking of the solution on how to hook up your Tidal music service with Google Mini Home, there is still an alternative method that can make it available. The reason why we introduce this way here is that it can meet almost all Tidal subscribers' needs as it enables users to use Tidal on Google Home as default service. There is no doubt that Google Play Music is one of the default streaming music services on Google Home. So why not upload Tidal playlists to Google Play Music and then you can play Tidal playlists straightforward from Google Home.
But even you are using Tidal Hi-Fi subscription, you still can't download Tidals songs to your computer and upload them to Google Play Music. Under these circumstances, you need to install a professional downloading tool for Tidal to solve your issues. Here, you can meet AudFree Tidal Music Downloader for Windows (or AudFree Tidal Music Converter for Mac), which can not only download songs and playlists from Tidal as local files but also convert Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. so that you can listen to Tidal music on Google Home directly.
How to Convert Tidal Music for Playing on Google Home
The following tutorial will guide you to download Tidal music as common audio files with the help of AudFree Tidal Music Converter and upload them to Google Play Music for enjoying on Google Home .
- Step 1Load Tidal music and playlists to AudFree Tidal converter
- Just simply click the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' icon at your computer desktop to launch this smart Tidal tool. At the same time, you will see Tidal app pops up, which aims to make it easier to add Tidals songs. Please start to find the Tidal songs that you'd like to play on Google Home and then copy and paste the URL of Tidal music to the search box and click the '+' button to load them automatically.
- Step 2Customize Tidal output audio parameters for Google Home
- In order to sync Tidal music to Google Play Music, you can define the output format to MP3 or other common audio formats to let AudFree Tidal Music Convert to convert Tidal files. To get high Tidal quality, you are highly recommended to adjust the same rate as 320 kbps and sample rate as 48,000 Hz, etc.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal for playing on Google Home
- After you have done all settings, you can move to the last step. Simply click on the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, which will switch to 'Cancel'. You will see this perfect Tidal downloader starts to download Tidal music and convert them to traget audio files you set before. After converison, you can hit on the 'histroy' icon to locate all downloaded Tidal files directly.
How to Add Tidal to Google Home via Google Play Music
If you don't know how to add songs to Google Play Music for playback on Google Home speakers, you should follow the below simple instructions:
Step 1. Add Tidal to Google Play Music account. Open your Google Play Music on your computer and then login your account details. Then go to the 'My Music' option to locate music folder including Tidal songs and upload them to Google Play.
Step 2. Set up Google Home. Launch Google Home app on your device and tap the 'Account' to login your Google account. Next, you can click the 'Settings' > 'Services' > 'Music' button to set Google Play Music as default service.
Step 3. Play Tidal on Google Home/Home Mini. Now, you can ask Google Home to play Tidal songs that you have uploaded to Google Music account via voice commands. Besides, you can directly say 'Play a specific song (song name)' to listen to Tidal on Google Home.