Many streaming music apps nowadays not only provide infinite music library but also give listeners perfect listening experience with Hi-Fi audio quality, for a representative example, Tidal. However, it is impossible to listen to Tidal music online without a perfect Wi-Fi/cellular network connection, for the reason that music playback of MQA quality needs more stable networking than the ones of normal quality.
Thus, Tidal app provides an offline mode for users to enjoy music offline on mobile devices. But for the listeners using a desktop app, there is no built-in function to listen to Tidal offline. Today, I would like to share the only practical way to listen to Tidal offline on the desktop. If you have been confused about this issue for a long time, please directly scroll down to read the content below.
Part 1. How to Listen to Tidal Offline on Desktop: Complete Solution
Tidal offline mode on the desktop is supposed to be the most desired function in many Tidal subscribers' minds. Questions similar to "can you listen to tidal offline on the desktop" were raised by Tidal music lovers many years ago, but years later the answer was still disappointing.
Now this situation shifts because of AudFree Tidal Music Converter, which is devoted to casting off the DRM chains from Tidal music, converting and downloading Tidal tracks, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks and radio to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B on the desktop with 100% original metadata. Namely, you can get converted Tidal offline files with lossless quality and complete ID3 tags.
As a market-leading product, this smart software is able to run a high speed, stable converting up to 100 songs at once. With the help of this intelligent tool, you can listen to music on the subway, plane, or in any area with poor network connection, diverting you from boredom with ease.
Now let's see how AudFree Tidal Music Converter breaks Tidal offline limit in simple steps. It is available for you to use the free trial of AudFree in the first place.
- Step 1Paste or drag Tidal songs and playlists to AudFree on desktop
- For the Windows users, please make clear that the Tidal app you have downloaded is not from Windows Store. Then download and install AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your computer. Open it with the Tidal app automatically launched. To stream Tidal songs to AudFree, please find the song, albums or playlists in your Tidal app. Next, please copy the URL by clicking the 3 dots icon next to the title. Select "Share" > "Copy Track Link" or "Copy Playlist Link", and then paste the link to the blank search bar on the top of the AudFree's main interface. After that, tap on the '+' button and wait until all files are loaded into AudFree.
- Step 2Modify Tidal output parameters in AudFree before conversion
- If you are a Mac user, you are able to find the ‘AudFree Tidal Music Converter' option from the menu bar in the upper left corner on Mac's desktop. If you are a Windows user, please hit on the first icon "menu" on the top right corner of the main page of AudFree. Then hit the "Preferences" > "Convert". A new setting window will show up to customize the output audio parameters. You can customize the format, sample rate, bit depth, channel, etc. If you want to maintain the original or even better Tidal music quality, you are suggested to change "Format" to FLAC or WAV, ‘Sample Rate' to 48000 Hz, ‘Bit Depth' to 16 bit or 24 bit.
- Step 3Download and convert tracks for Tidal offline listening
- Now, simply click to the obvious "Convert" button in the bottom right corner on the main page. In an ideal network connection, the program will work at a 5X faster speed to decode and recode Tidal songs into the output formats with other settings that you choose before. The conversion will last depending on the number of songs and then networking. When the conversion stops, a red spot displaying numbers of songs will be showed on the ‘Converted' icon. Please press it to go to the local folder where all converted Tidal songs are saved in.
Tips: How to Use Tidal Offline Mode on Android/iOS
Access Tidal Offline Listening
It is supported to save audio files directly on your Android device rather than listening in offline mode. Just enter in "My Collection" to access your Tidal offline music and other content on the Android mobile device.
Make Offline Playlist on iOS
Step 1. Access "My Collection" on the lower right corner of Tidal.
Step 2. Choose playlists or albums.
Step 3. Click to the "…" on the right of the title.
Step 4. Slide down and select "download".
Step 5. Hit on the "setting" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
Step 6. Find "Offline Mode" and enable it to open.