Q: "How can I listen to Tidal on Apple Watch in 2019?" So sadly, there is no feasible method to play Tidal on Apple Watch directly. As a non-Apple product, Tidal still has a long way to go to be adapted to Apple Watch. Temporarily, you can only listen to music from iTunes or your private downloaded tracks on Apple Watch.
Nothing is impossible in this modern technological world. It is possible for us to enjoy Tidal music from Apple Watch in another way. What you need to do is to seek help from third-party software. In this article, I am going to introduce the best assistant to help you listen to Tidal on Apple Watch.
Part 1. Best Converter to Add Tidal to Apple Watch
Apple Watch supports you to sync music from iTunes music library on iPhone. That is to say, in order to play Tidal on Apple Watch, we need to download Tidal songs onto computer, transfer them from computer to iPhone and then sync them from iPhone to Apple Watch.
To use this method, we need the help from AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, which is designed to download and convert Tidal tracks to common formats like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B and many more. Only getting rid of the DRM protection from Tidal songs, this tool can save 100% lossless MQA Tidal tracks with all metadata preserved. If you are interested in how it works, it is available for you to download a trial version for free. Each song has a chance of a 1-minute conversion. If you are hesitating about what to do next, please check the detailed tutorials below.
Part 2. How to Use Tidal on Apple Watch: Detailed Tutorial
Here, we will list the specific steps of how to stream Tidal to Apple Watch with the assistance of this intelligent AudFree Tidal Music Downloader.
- Step 1Load music from Tidal and import to AudFree
- Download and install AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on the desktop. Open it and the Tidal app will be launched automatically a few seconds later. Try the free version, or register a new account for the full version by clicking the 'menu' icon > 'Register' on the top right corner. Turn to the windows of Tidal and choose which track or playlist you want to download. Then copy and paste the link of the track or playlist to the search column on the main page of AudFree. Then click to the '+' button next to the column. Tidal audio files will be added into AudFree in few seconds.
- Step 2Customize Tidal output format and other parameters
- Mac users are able to find and hit "AudFree Tidal Music Converter" on the menu bar of the Mac system. Windows users ought to press the "menu" icon in the upper right corner on the main window of AudFree. Next, check to "Preferences" > "Convert" section. Now each option with a drop-down button can be adjusted on your own, which includes sample rate, bit rate, format, channel and etc. In order to keep the original quality of the Tidal stream, it is suggested to set 'Format' to FLAC or WAV, and 'Bit Depth' to 16 bit or 24 bit. Please don't forget to tick the box beside the 'Conversion speed' to keep stable while converting.
- Step 3Download and preserve Tidal music as local music files
- Now just simply tap on the "Convert" button in the bottom right corner on the main page. Then the converter will remove the limitation from Tidal audios and convert them into the FLAC/WAV or other formats you select before. Ideally, it will run at a 5X faster speed, thus the converting period will be shortened greatly (The whole conversion duration is still based on the number of songs on the list). When the conversion is finished, a red spot with numbers in it will be prompted on the 'Converted' icon. Please hit it to check and locate the target folder where all converted Tidal songs in.
- Step 4Download and preserve Tidal music as local music files
Now, you are supported to upload Tidal music to iTunes Library, then sync them to iPhone by the following steps:
Step 1. Open iTunes on desktop and connect iPhone to Mac.
Step 2. Click to 'Music' On iTunes. Then click 'File' > 'Add File to Library' to locate your local Tidal music files.
Step 3. Choose the local Tidal songs you would like to sync and hit 'Open' to add them to iTunes.
Step 4. Tap the device button on the top right corner of iTunes.
Step 5. Turn to 'Music' on the left menu bar.
Step 6. Check 'Sync Music' > 'Entire music library' or 'Selected Playlists, artists, albums and genres'. Press "Sync" bar to stream music from iTunes library to iPhone.
- Step 5 Import Tidal into Apple Watch through iPhone
Step 1. Put your Apple Watch on the charger and make certain that it is charging.
Step 2. Open your iPhone, turn to 'Settings' > 'Bluetooth'. And turn on the Bluetooth.
Step 3. Launch the Apple Watch app on iPhone, then click the 'My Watch' option.
Step 4. Choose 'Music' > 'Add Music'.
Step 5. Select the Tidal music that you want to sync from iTunes Music Library.
Although it is a litter complicated to link Tidal to Apple Watch, this method is the only effective way to achieve your goal.